The Final Interference

In Plain Sight

"And here she is in her very cute pants and suspenders with a little blue shirt..oh so cute my little Byulyi!", Moonbyul's father was doing the embarrassing part of parenthood with his daughter sat blushing next to him and Yongsun sat smiling at her wife's cute toddler photos. Her mother was busying herself with packing everything away, they had only booked the space for 1 night and they had only a couple of hours until they needed to leave. It was so relaxing to spend time away from the city that Yongsun was almost depressed at the thought of leaving here and a crazy though whizzed through her mind that what if they just didn't go back?, would it be so bad?. She was just getting up to go to the bathroom when her phone rang, she frowned because she didn't think she would get a signal here, looking at the screen, she sighed and answered her mother's call. Locking the door behind her as she went into the camper van, she made eye contact with Moonbyul through the window, who looked inquisitively at her and when she mouthed 'mom', nodded and resumed her conversation with her parents. It was a short call but this time she didn't end it in frustration and she was perfectly pleasant with her her mother. They had arranged to meet at a cafe near Moonbyul's apartment and have a coffee, just the two of them. Her mother could be frustrating sometimes but it didn't stop her from missing her and loving her too. Yongsun had to admit that felt like they were overdue a catch up and she looked forward to their date. When she told Moonbyul about it, she saw the worry spread across her face and pulled her into a cuddle just inside the camper van door, trying to reassure her that everything was ok and she was actually keen to see her mother. They finished packing and were back on the road in no time, Moonbyul's father driving them back again after he had seen his wife safely into a taxi cab. The journey, like before, was a relaxing one and this time, Yongsun sat in the passenger seat as a somehow exhausted Moonbyul lounged in the back. 

The offloading of their bags was quicker and after insisting that they would be fine from the door of the apartment building, Mr. Moon said goodbye and hugged both girls individually but tightly before leaving. As they dragged their cases into the lift, they reminisced about the freedom of camping and how they should do it more often, Moonbyul making Yongsun blush with an off-handed comment about in the woods. The doors opened, they stepped out and froze on the spot, it was a straight shot from the lift to their apartment door and they could see 2 people waiting for them, their backs facing the girls. Yongsun sighed and thought of a million impossible ways to get away without being seen, a lot of them involved superpowers niether of them had. Once it was obvious there was no escape, they started their walk towards their doom, as they got closer, the visitors turned around and Yongsun's mother grinned widely at her, he on the other hand was neither welcome nor able to make eye contact. Passing by, Moonbyul unlocked the door without a word and Yongsun stuck close by, she had the overwhelming urge to slam the door behind her but she resisted and left it open for them to follow in her wake. Once the door closed, she exploded and Moonbyul stared at her in shock.

"MOTHER! HOW DARE YOU COME HERE UNINVITED? DIDN'T I SAY I'D MEET YOU AT A CAFE NEARBY? AND WHY THE HELL DID YOU BRING HIM? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT HE DID TO ME? WHY I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM EVER AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE?! NO! YOU JUST ASSUMED IT WAS OK TO COME INTO MY HOME AND BRING THIS DISGUSTING EXCUSE FOR A MAN WITH YOU! FOR WHAT REASON? IN THE HOPES HE WOULD MAKE AND HONEST WOMAN OF ME? WELL GUESS WHAT MOTHER, I ALREADY AM MARRIED AND THE HONEST WOMAN IS MOONBYULYI! I LOVE HER AND SHE LOVES ME SO YOU CAN GO AND TAKE HIM WITH YOU, I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU OR HIM ANYWHERE NEAR ME OR MY WIFE! YES MOM, WIFE, IT'S WHAT YOU CALL A WOMAN YOU MARRY AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT THEN I DON'T NEED YOU IN MY LIFE, GOODBYE!". 

Yongsun wrenched the door open without another word and waited fro her stunned mother and her ideal son-in-law to leave. The doorframe rattled as she slammed it and made sure to lock it too. Panting as she stood with her back to the door, nerves had made her shaky too, she closed her eyes and felt tears stream down her face and she sobbed. Moonbyul had stood so still the entire time and only now seemed to be able to break the invisible wall between them as she moved closer and wrapped her arms so tightly around her wife that she was on the brink of popping her. Although in the back of her mind she could only think of the potential repercussions of her outburst, a huge streak of pride spread through her at the fact Yongsun had finally stood up to the one person who was holding the control for her emotions. It didn't take Yongsun long to fall asleep that afternoon, she often had a nap on the couch and now she lay with her head on her wife's lap as she slept. Moonbyul watched her and smiled, she looked the cutest when she slept and she had worn herself out like a toddler with her outburst earlier. Absent-mindedly her hair, she felt her eyes grow heavy and she moved Yongsun so that she could lie down behind her, pulling her closer as she did so. She moved closer to Yongsun's ear and whispered, "Sleep well my little tokki, i'm so proud of you my love." and with that, she fell into a deep slumber herself.