Alone And Together At The Same Time

In Plain Sight

They passed yet another gigantic billboard with Yongsun and him on it, Moonbyul sighed and tried her hardest not to look and Yongsun held her hand as she drove past. It seemed that every other street was adertising the show, it had been a week since filming had wrapped up and they were back to being an incognito couple but it felt different now. After the incident in Yongsun's room, he had not stopped apologising between takes and the atmosphere between them had become frosty at best. Of course they had to pretend nothing had changed when the cameras were on but filming was awkward and Yongsun was glad it was finally over. Moonbyul had been inadvertently pestering her to tell the company and possibly the police about what had happened but Yongsun had said there was no point since there was no physical evidence and she had technically assaulted him. Moonbyul rolled her eyes at the backwards notion of the fact her wife had been violated but she would ultimately be the one in trouble if she sought help. Yongsun also reminded her about the circumstances surrounding the issue and the fact that their relationship could be exposed as a result of someone's digging. Although a thrill ran through Moonbyul at the thought of them finally being free, she knew the implications and resolved not to let it happen in any way.

"There's a new place just opened for drive-thru near here, wanna try it?. You can order whatever you want honey, i'm buying.", Moonbyul gripped Yongsun's hand softly and received a nod in response. Ten minutes later, they pulled into the drive-thru and were behind two other cars. Moonbyul drummed her fingers impatiently on the dashboard and Yongsun giggled as she lay her head on her wife's shoulder and closed her eyes. She found these little things so cute, there wasn't much opportunity for cuteness with Moonbyul because she had that handsome suave way about her that contradicted cuteness of any kind. Some minutes later, she found herself being gently shaken awake and the welcoming warm smell of tteokboki was filling the car, along with the drinks and Moonbyul's food. They had pulled into a parking space far from the order window and away from prying eyes, it would be fair to say that over the years they had subconciously been made aware that paparazzi could be lurking anywhere and so they always found the most secluded places to park if they could. Every time she had tteokboki, Yongsun managed to make the same level of mess you'd expect from a toddler and Moonbyul handed her a napkin to wipe as always, smiling as she did it. "Aigoo, my little mucky pup. Feeling better now you've eaten?". Yongsun nodded and after they dumped their rubbish in the bin next to them, Moonbyul started the engine and the long drive home. 

Taking what she liked to call 'the scenic route', they wound through lanes lined with trees, it was what Moonbyul had always imained roads in England to be like. She pulled into a parking space just off of a small dirt road and turned off the engine, there were a few other cars in what Yongsun now saw, was a car park. Moonbyul opened her door and climbed out of the car, making her way round to Yongsun's side of the car and opening the door as she arrived. Looking puzzled, Yongsun got out of the car and followed Moonbyul, who was leading the way to a small hut of a building not too far from the car park. The sign on the side had a price list and as she read the items for sale, she realised where they were. Seconds later, Moonbyul was talking to the woman who ran the campsite and she paid for a space for them both and all the necessities they'd need for the night. Yongsun asked if she could help but Moonbyul only smiled and said she was ok to carry everything.  The plot they had hired was a little way away and their feet sank a little into the ground as they walked but when they arrived, Moonbyul dropped everything and huffed, putting her hands on her hips. She only took a second's break and then began looking for the ground sheet, unfolding it as a strong gust of wind threatened to rip it from her grip. "Yah! Yongsun! Help me!!", She was laughing as she shouted it and the sheet whipped up threateningly as her wife stepped closer to help by grabbing the other two corners and holding them firmly. They lowered the sheet to the ground and pegged it down before emptying the bag of tent equipment, the canvas flopping onto the floor in a heap and the poles clanging loudly as they tumbled into each other. Yongsun watched as Moonbyul knelt down with her back to her and began sorting the parts into piles. She picked up the abandoned mallet and crept over, unheard, she raised it above her head and brought it down in slow motion, tapping it lightly on the top of Moonbyul's head and giggling. "Stop messing around and help, honestly, why are you like this all of a sudden?. Give me that mallet before you hurt yourself..yeba". Yongsun pouted and handed the little hammer to Moonbyul, who proceeded to erect the tent and inspect it for faults afterwards. 

Yongsun had the fun job of rolling out the sleeping bags, she had just finished rolling her own out and ped it as Moonbyul entered the tent and gasped at how well she'd done with the interior, even though all she had done was roll the sleeping bags out and fetch pillows from the car. She rolled her eyes and playfully punched Moonbyul as she climbed into her bag, giggling as she settled in, only her face showing as she pulled the chords around her head. "Ooh, so snug!. don't be jealous that this bag is hugging me tighter than you can Moony.". She was mocking but in a teasingly fun way and Moonbyul climbed into her own bag, doin the same thing with the chords and rolling whole-bodied into Yongsun who yelped and tried to roll away. She was trapped between Burrito-Byul and the tent wall and she pouted again, this was usually her way out of most scuffles with her wife but it didn't work this time and she yelled out when Moonbyul managed to roll on top of her and squish the last bit of breath out of her. Thank goodness Moonbyul had had the common sense to zip the tent closed because light was fading and Yongsun felt the days energy drain from her as she manouvred herself out from under her and lay still. Moonbyul escaped from her sleeping bag and climbed into Yongsun's, how she managed to fit in such a tiny gap was amazing and Yongsun had to admire her for it. They looked at each other for a few minutes, really looked at each other and said nothing. They didn't have to say a thing because the love passed between them  as easy as air in their lungs. Soft lips pressed together and arms wrapped around in the warmest embrace as they fell asleep and cherished this time, for the first time in a long time, of having only each other in the world.