An Unhappy Solution

In Plain Sight

After a long day of shooting, all Yongsun wanted to do was return home and make up for lost time with Moonbyul, but as they returned to the foyer of the building a whole hour later, there was someone waiting. They saw him before he saw them and their discretely entwined fingers unlocked as they walked over, Yongsun felt herself become nervous as the frowning face of Kim Do-Hoon turned in their direction. He didn't say a word to them but bowed politely and gestured for them to follow him into a small room just off to the left of where they stood. Yongsun assumed this to be one of the smaller offices for impromptu meetings and so squeezed herself round to the opposite side of the large table which occupied the majority of the room, Moonbyul hesitantly following her lead. After their boss had sat himself down, they did the same and Yongsun was sure that Moonbyul was just as nervous as she was. The ring against her chest felt white hot all of a sudden as the meaning behind it being hidden under her shirt came to the front of her thoughts, she swallowed hard and wished that somebody would break the silence.

It was a short lived quiet as Do-Hoon cleared his throat and rested his elbows on the table, his fingers interlocked under his chin. Although his tone was polite, there was a slight air of annoyance and stress in it too. "I was walking through reception just now and I happened to glance at the moniters behind the welcome desk, I saw the CCTV of the two of you in the lift. Care to explain Miss kim?..Miss Moon?", Yongsun felt her face burn as she struggled to keep eye contact, surely this was the end of their career, surely all these years of being careful had come to one slip up and they were out on their ear. Nobody said anything but Moonbyul had become almost rigid beside her and she knew her wife wasn't comfortable with the knowledge of their marriage being unearthed in such a way and by such an important person. "I don't want to know the details, I don't even want to know how long this has been going on, I just want to be sure I am the only one besides yourselves that know anything about this. Please just nod if this is true.". Almost in unison, they nodded, choosing not to drag their friends into the situation for fear of the ramifications affecting them too.

Yongsun was trying her hardest to fight back tears as Do-Hoon stood up abruptly, pushing his chair back and began pacing the tiny square of floor under his feet, at this moment she wanted nothing more than to read her hand out and hold her wife's comfortingly but she stared straight ahead and balled her hands into fists down by her own sides. Do-Hoon stopped pacing and stood still, a small smirk playing on his lips as he turned to them. "Yes..yes..that would work..", he was clearly mumbling to himself but his eyes flickered between the two women as he spoke. "Your new MV..If I can just make a call and get back to you both?..", he looked slightly happier but yongsun felt uneasy at what his solution might be, she wished he'd just make them disband or something instead what she thought he was going to do. "Yes..ok. Girls, as I said before, we need to keep this under wraps, so you may spend time together but you need to be careful, no pda. I'll call you both later.". He strode across the tiny room and opened the door as he unlocked his phone and called someone immediately.

For a few minutes, Yongsun sat still, confused over what had just happened. She felt a gentle tugging on her arm and she was whisked into Moonbyul's arms. She closed her eyes and smiled, whatever was going to happen would happen but it would be ok because she had her happiness wrapped around her. The drive home was silent and Moonbyul didn't dare even turn on the radio to lighten the mood, from the furrowed brow and folded arms that Yongsun was now sporting, she could tell it wasn't the right thing to do. Pulling into the driveway of their apartment a little while later, she turned off the engine and turned in her seat, pulling Yongsun into a hug before saying anything. "Don't worry honey, everything will be alright. We can get through this..together.", she gripped Yongsun's hand in hers reassuringly and smiled softly, caressing her cheek. It was hard seeing her like this and it suddenly dawned on her how Yongsun must have felt seeing her freak out over a show she had no control over. Sighing a little, she turned Yongsun's face to hers, pecked her lips gently and apologised. It was a sincere apology and this time it was Yongsun who thumbed away her wife's tears when she'd stopped crying. gathering themselves and their thoughts, they left the car and went inside, locking the front door behind them, they flopped onto the sofa and were almost asleep when the phone rang. Moonbyul was the first to reach it, she felt her heart drop when she read the familiar number, it was Do-Hoon. Taking Yongsun's hand in hers, she pressed the loudspeaker button and placed the phone on the table, her heart pounding. Somehow she could feel the ring burning into her skin as it hung on the necklace around her neck, she momentarily took her hand from Yongsun's, who looked puzzled for a moment, and removed the ring from the necklace, sliding it back into place on her finger and resuming the holding of Yongsun's hand.

"Moonbyul?, is Yongsun there with you?..great, well as I said before, I can see a solution for our current problem. That is, the fact that you two have been intimate behind closed doors cannot be seen in public, the revenue you would lose and the speed in which your career would most likely end does not in any way reflect my feelings in the matter. As far as I am concerned, the other two could be dating too and I wouldn't bat an eyelid..". The two girls exchanged a look and smirked. "..What you girls do in your own apartments is no business of mine, however, what you do in public IS. Obviously it was a terrible decision to put Yongsun in for an albeit fake relationship with a male, if she doesn't feel it then how can the audience and the ratings pretend she does?. So we'll have to see out the remaining episodes and keep no further contact with Mr. Nam or his company. My solution for the short term is in relation to your next song, the concept will be a romance of sorts,not a straightforward one, we'll go into detail later, but I have the perfect person for the love interest. He'll be involved with all four of you, a young American man named Troy. I have been reliably informed he is attracted solely to men so no problems there and none of you will have to kiss him since we can use the angles to our advantage and give the illusion of kissing. How does that sound as a solution?. You know what, call me in the morning and tell me if you think it's too much. Have a good night ladies.". As soon as he had hung up, Moonbyul turned to look at Yongsun and smiled a little, she watched as her wife stood up, with the same sad look on her face and walked to the bedroom, closing the door behind her and leaving Moonbyul both confused and frustrated, in the dark front room. Sighing heavily as she made her own way to the bedroom, she rolled her ring around on her finger and closed the door behind her on another emotional day she was happy to see the back of.