Not So Secret Heartache

In Plain Sight

They came back to the table smiling and for some reason, chatting animatedly. Moonbyul was on her fourth glass of water as they sat down and she wished it was something a lot stronger as she smiled falsely at him and genuinely at Yongsun as they sat. The award sat between them and she used all of her willpower not to grab it and throw it on the floor or even better, at that smug 's head. When the next few categories had been read out, the awards given and the robotic applause sounded in clipped sessions, the water took effect on her. Bladder full, she squirmed in her seat and wondered how long until the recess in filming, it wouldn't look good if she left for the bathroom just as someone was collecting an award and the camera rolled onto her for a reaction shot. Seven more categories were read out before the interval and she stood up so fast that everyone at the table looked around at her, her bladder ached for relief and she excused herself, Yongsun looking confused as Eric got up and started mingling with other award recipients, he had taken his own with him to show it off. As she passed people in the hall, she bowed in greeting to many older people and hugged younger ones, eventually reaching the back of a large queue to the ladies bathroom. It took a good five minutes for the line to dwindle enough for her to be the next person inside and she was grateful for the relief as she sat down on the toilet. When she emerged from the bathroom, she saw that the line which had ended with her, had regained it's original length with Wheein at the very back now. As she passed her friend, they exchanged a smile and she said she'd see her back at the table. It was so crowded in the corridors that Moonbyul could feel the wall press against her arm continually as she stuck to one side. Several doors were passed and she wondered if there were occupants in all of them trying to figure out if it was worth risking the rush hour traffic beyond their room just for a cup of coffee. 

She was just about back in the room when the door to the last room opened and she jumped a little in surprise, the room beyond the door was dark and it looked a little pokey if she was honest. In its doorway stood the one person she wanted to see right now, Yongsun. Her wife grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside so fast that almost got whiplash and she laughed at the urgency. Locking the door behind them, Yongsun pulled Moonbyul close and kissed her passionately, she said nothing for a few minutes but just looked at her and then snuggled her head against her, just the closeness enough at that moment. Moonbyul wrapped her arms around Yongsun and smiled, she too only wanted to be close to her on a night when they couldn't be. Time passed slowly as they simply stood in each other's arms and before long they heard the music pick up to signal the interval was over and they should take their seats. Finally Yongsun spoke, but her voice was thick with emotion and she did so, "Byul-ah, I miss you. I'm sorry you have to sit and see me with him, you know I hate him but this will all be over soon, he can have the stupid award, I don't want it. I don't want a constant reminder of him in our home. Do you feel this Byul-ah?....", she took Moonbyul's hand and placed it gently over her heart, they both felt the steady beat and she continued, "..this heart, it beats only for you. You are my everything and the pain it feels is real when you're not with me or when people like him try to get between us. I know it's hard right now honey but we can do this, ok?. I love you little haemseuteo.". They smiled at each other and unlocked the door only after a tight hug and a lingering kiss.

As she sat back down, the ceremony rolled on but seemed to gain tempo after Yongsun's words of encouragement in the closet, Moonbyul even smiled genuinely at the awards now and scowled only when she knew the cameras weren't on her, she hated him so much but Yongsun was right, it was only for tonight. Wheein arrived and put a drink on the table near Moonbyul, she moved close and mumbled into her ear, "I thought you could do with something a little stronger.." and she walked away as if she hadn't even been anywhere near the table. Sipping on her newly acquired alcoholic drink, she smirked at the back of his head as she imagined throwing the glass at it, there was nothing she could physically to him without being arrested at the very least but that didn't mean she couldn't take pleasure from imagining them happening and wishing for some sort of divine intervention in the matter. She caught Yongsun's eye once and winked, the small amount of apparently strong alcohol had given her a small dose of cheekiness and bravery and she felt a little flirty with it too, if she was alone with Yongsun right now, what wouldn't she do. She made the drink last because she didn't know where either the bar or Wheein were and there were still five categories to go, the comedic relief between the awarding of each was slightly too long for her liking and she almost dozed off until once again a camera found her and she had to act interested. 

In the car on the way home, Wheein and Hyejin had gone together and Eric had stayed for the after party (taking the award with him), leaving Yogsun and Moonbyul alone in their own car, they could finally relax. Feeling her eyelids grow heavy, Moonbyul used all of her strength to stay awake as she leaned across to her wife and kissed her softly on the lips, she smirked to see her looking curiously at her and before going in for another, with decidedly more passion involved, she grinned and said "How about we go for the award for best kiss?".