A Slap From Society

In Plain Sight

Her phone was ringing but she didn't notice, the events of earlier that day were replaying in her head and she smiled to think of them now. Her father-in-law accepting their relationship in the way he already knew about it somehow and the her mother-in-law saying she was truly happy to gain another daughter. Yongsun must have had her goofiest smile on her face because she felt Moonbyul's hand shaking her playfuly as she asked what she was thinking about that had made her so cheerful all of a sudden. When she looked into her wife's eyes, she answered that life 'just felt good in this moment' and she nodded her agreement. The taxi ride to the studio was long and they had time to reminisce some more before pulling up to the front doors and getting out, Moonbyul handed the driver too much money but told him to keep the change. As they watched him drive off, they suddenly remembered the rings on their fingers and before they entered, took them off and stowed them around their necks and subsquently out of site. Nobody was outside and they met so few people between the entrance and the practice room that they might as well have walked in holding hands and kissing with no worry of anyone paying them a blind bit of attention. Checking her phone as it buzzed again, Yongsun saw 2 missed calls and read the message from her mother, in no uncertain terms, she was wondering where her daughter had been this weekend and why she had not spent time with her. Rolling her eyes, she showed her phone to Moonbyul and they laughed together as they pushed open the door and were enveloped in a Wheein sized hug. Hyejin lurked at the back of the room and saw them in the mirror as she practiced, she waved her welcome and continued, a piece of toast hanging out of the corner of . 

Dance practice didn't take too long but the vigor of it had exhausted them all and as the day wore on, they ended up flat on their backs, grateful for the cool floor which pressed their sweat-soaked tops against their hot skin. Somehow it had gotten dark without them noticing and they had to call it a day, Hyejin and Wheein leaving together arm in arm. Moonbyul sat in the changing room and swapped her practice clothes to her comfy clothes whilst Yongsun took full advantage of the company shower, she washed slowly and even stayed under the water as she turned the dial to it's cold function, the water was refreshing on her sticky skin and she closed her eyes before jumping a little at Moonbyul's yell. Poking her head around the door, she asked what was wrong and her wife her phone into her face. A bold headline made fall open and she felt anger rise up inside of her as she read aloud: "Wedding Bells or Wedding Hell?. Inside the secret relationship of We Got Married's Eric and Solar!". When she finished reading, she looked at Moonbyul who was furious and she stepped out of the shower, dripping water on the floor, to calm her down. After a few minutes, stood like this, it seemed to work and she held Moonbyul at arms length, her front had soaked her comfy clothes and she giggled to see it. "Don't worry baby, we both know it isn't real. It's just his sick way of trying to own me. Spreading lies about things that never happened. He's lucky he still has his balls after that little stunt he played with the door to my bedroom. Look at me honey, you and you alone are my world. No matter what vicious rumours and lies people make up and spread about me, you are the one I do and will always love with my whole heart and soul. Ok?". She watched as Moonbyul's smile developed and her tears stopped falling, it was cute when she got so angry that she resembled a tantrum-like toddler but Yongsun always hated to see her so sad. Once she had dressed and they made their way to the canteen for a snack, the moood between them had lightened adn they sat laughing about everything and how pathetic he was.

At about 6pm, they made their way home, it was a pleasant evening and the walk wasn't such a long one, so they took a slow stroll home arm in arm as their friends had been earlier in the day. Before long however, they were interrupted by Yongsun's ringing phone and this time she picked up the call, sighing just before she spoke. "Yes mom?. What's wrong?....No, I was with Byulyi, at her family home...I was invited to her sister's birthday...I know, yes, I was out then too..yes..ok..fine!..No don't read all that stuff, it's not like that...we aren't.......no...mom...YOU KNOW WHAT, GOODBYE!", Yongsun's sudden outburst had startled Moonbyul who looked at her wide-eyed as she hung up the phone. It wasn't often her wife got so irate but always at the source of her frustrated anger was her mother. Every single time her phone rang and Moonbyul glanced at the screen to see 'mom', she sighed heavily and prepared herself for damage control. As they walked, she could feel the tension buzzing like electricity in Yongsun's whole body and she smiled comfortingly as they held hands the rest of the way. When they arrived home, she opened the door and Yongsun made her way to the kitchen for a drink, not being a heavy drinker, the single shot of soju was all she had and she exclaimed like an old man having drinks with friends. Moonbyul busied herself with tidying the room, it wasn't messy but she was in that kind of mood where you tidy things away that weren't really out of place in the first instance and so she made sure the floor was clear and teh remote control was where she wanted it before she opened the curtains and sat down, turning the tv on and waiting for Yongsun to join her. She didn't have to wait long because as soon as the sound from the tv reached her ears, she was suddenly right next to Moonbyul and her head was leaning against her shoulder. Moonbyul laughed softly because she knew how much of a lightweight Yongsun was when she had the tiniest sips of alcohol and she knew it was only a matter of time before she would doze off and tiny snoring would fill the air. 

Before either of them had noticed and changed the channel, the news showbiz news headline's were up on the screen and a very pretty woman, Park Yoo-ra, was reading them in her professionally clipped tone. Moonbyul had lost all of her concentration and her eyes were slowly closing but her ears pricked up when she heard Yongsun's name and they both found a sudden burt of energy as they listened to the same lies about her and him. What made matters worse was that they had invited him as a guest to discuss the matter live on air and he sat there with his smug grin as he revelled in the spotlight being cast on this falseness. When the interview was over, Moonbyul turned to look at Yongsun and sighed, it was going to be a long night and that incessant buzzing of her phone was NOT going to help. Yongsun looked down at her phone and was about to slide the prompt to close all the messages and missed calls but she thought she better answer because once again there was the name she hated to see: 'mom'.