Always In The Way

In Plain Sight

Hyejin rolled over sleepily and stretched, her arms found no resistence so she pressumed Wheein was already up,a theory confirmed minutes later as her girlfriend crawled back into bed and snuggled her tiny self in the warmth of Hyejin. Spots of sunlight filtered through the little gaps under the curtains and the slight split between the two flowery strips of material so it was probably best if they didn't spend much longer in bed. Wheein looked up into Hyejin's face and smiled cutely, her lips brushing softly up her collarbone and neck until they found purchase on her lips and lingered there for a little while. It was a few hours later that they jerked awake frustratedly, their discarded pyjamas on the floor either side of the bed, both girls smiled and pecked lips before getting out of bed to the sound of the front door slamming. Dressing quickly, in case there were guests, they made their way out of the bedroom and saw Yongsun sat on the sofa sobbing, her head in her hands, with no sign of Moonbyul.

Realising there must have been an argument resulting in Moonbyul leaving in a rage, Wheein walked into the kitchen and made some coffee while Hyejin sat beside Yongsun and put a comforting arm around her. "What happened Unnie?, it's ok, you can tell me, I won't judge.". Hyejin used the softest tone of voice she could and massaged her friend's back just as Wheein entered with two hot cups of coffee and immediately left the room to retrieve her own, sitting with her knees tucked up to her chin in the armchair opposite and sipping her coffee. Hyejin pulled a small handful of tissues from a box on the table in front of them and handed them to Yongsun, who sniffed and wiped her tears, lifting her head slowly as she blew her nose on the slightly damp tissue.

"She..it..I..we...they..HE came..filming today..forgot..", Yongsun's words came out slowly, disjointed and wrapped in short sharp tearful breaths but they got the gist of what she was saying and resisted the urge to roll their eyes for the thousandth time at Moonbyul's fit of jealous rage. After a short while of sitting in coffee filled silence, Wheein gestureed to Hyejin that she wanted to swap places and so they swapped rolls, Hyejin sitting in the armchair and Wheein consoling Yongsun with a hug. Drinking some of her own slightly cold coffee, Hyejin was tired but sad too at the sight of her friend in pieces, she smiled sympathetically as Yongsun looked over at her with a watery smile. "I should get ready, thank you both so much for being here, I don't know how I would cope without you both.", standing up, she took a huge gulp of the coffee Wheein had made her, which was almost too cold to be nice, and gave them each a small embrace before retreating to her bedroom to change and put on makeup.

Moments later, two things happened in quick succession. The first thing was that they heard the shower turn on and Yongsun's beautiful voice filled the apartment whilst her friends washed the dishes and general cleaned up before sitting down to watch a bit of tv. The second left them speechless, the front door opened slowly and Moonbyul walked in, leaving it wide open behind her, Hyejin and Wheein looked around but before they could speak, she had entered the newly vacant bedroom and emerged soon after with an overnight bag and left, closing the door on her way out. Neither of the girls knew what to say but they watched silently as Yongsun came back into the room, dressed and ready to go, a small piece of paper clutched in her hand and the smile gone from her face. She crossed the room, waved them both goodbye half-heartedly and picked up her keys before closing the door behind her on her way out. The note she had been holding drifted to the carpet in her absence and Wheein rushed to pick it up, what had happened to make Yongsun sad once again and when was Moonbyul going to be back?. Putting a hand to her shocked mouth, she held the note out to Hyejin, who read it and sighed:

 

"I'm going to stay with my sister since i'm in the way of you and him, I hope you'll be happy together!".