017

Him&I

 

“I’m telling you, you should loosen up a bit,”

Chaewon glanced at the male again, he had joined her, unannounced, as usual. They were strolling by the shore, with him munching on some fresh tangerines.

“You forget that I was kind of forced to be here.” She turned to him, he grinned at her.

The two were looking like the very attractive couple that they are, Chaewon was wearing a nice black and olive bikini. While the male beside here was clad in a pair of Gucci swim shorts.

“You said your family needed you.”

“Not in Seoul, but here.” She pointed out, he sighed and just pulled her to him.

“Chae, you were always so cool and serious about work. What’s going on?”

Chaewon sighed and shook her head.

“It’s nothing. Will you be staying long? What about work?” She asked him, the Nam Holdings heir gave her a sleazy smile.

“Oh my god, you flew here without telling anyone?”

“Come on, you need me here, Chae.” He winked at her, Chaewon’s forehead creased but she wrapped her arms around his waist.

“It’s just..being here complicates a lot of things. I’m fine but, it’s uncomfortable, Joohyuk-ah.” She murmured, the male’s brows rose.

“How so?”

Chaewon was about to reply when she noticed the group of other people around them. Her eyes went to Hyejin and the male standing beside her.

Chaewon diverted her gaze and pulled away from Joohyuk.

“I haven’t spoken Korean in a while. I’m a bit uncomfortable with it. Come on,” Chaewon tugged on his arm, he blinked at her but let the girl pull him forward.

 

 

Sehun leaned back against the bar as he looked at the scene before him.

“Looking at them, it’s like a movie. The perfect couple.” Hyejin mused at him, Sehun glanced at her and nodded.

“Chaewon has always been pretty, I mean, growing up, most of us girls were jealous of her.” Hyejin chuckled, Sehun picked up his drink just as Chaewon leaned forward to hug the male. Sehun’s grip on the glass tightened.

I deserve this.

“But, do you know him? He does look familiar.” Hyejin turned to him, Sehun blinked at her.

“Why..Why would I?” He said with a small smile.

Nam Joohyuk. Nam Holdings. He’s an orthodontist.

“I mean, I did notice how you seem to be already acquainted with Changwook oppa and~”

“Come on, just one drink!”

Sehun looked up, his eyes widened. Chaewon and Joohyuk were walking towards their direction.

“I don’t feel like drinking, besides~”

“Chaewon-ah!”

The girl paused and looked up, Chaewon broke into a smile.

“Unnie,”

“Here for an early mimosa?” Hyejin asked with a smile as she pulled a drink for her, Sehun’s eyes went to the glass.

Chaewon wasn’t a fan of champagne. And citrus fruits.

“No, it’s just him.” Chaewon turned to the male beside her, he smiled.

“Unnie, this is Joohyuk. Joohyuk this is Hyejin unnie, she’s family friend.” Chaewon said, her tone perfectly neutral and polite. Sehun diverted his gaze before setting his drink down.

“And this person is?” Joohyuk said, and then his eyes widened in realization.

“Ah, this is Oh Sehun. We came together.” Hyejin supplied, Sehun looked at the male and took his outstretched hand.

“Nice to meet you.” He said, Sehun nodded back.

“Yes.”

Chaewon asked for a glass of water before facing them.

“So, how’s the hotel holding up for you, unnie?”

“I love it, your brother did an amazing job.” Hyejin chatted, Sehun looked away, he felt the male beside Chaewon staring at him.

“Sehun-ssi, too? Do you like the place?” She turned to him, Sehun paused.

“Yes?”

“The hotel. I’m assuming you’re a fan of beaches.”

 

 

“Sehun-ssi, too? Do you like the place?”

Joohyuk balked at the girl. The male standing before them, was not just some person. He knew that face. He’s seen it quite a number of times.

The legendary ex-boyfriend.

“Yes?”

“The hotel. I’m assuming you’re a fan of beaches.”

He saw how the other male tilted his head before replying. This was the exact reaction coming from a man who knew Chaewon well. Joohyuk crossed his arms, his interest piqued.

“It’s okay, miss Ji.”

“Okay? It seems like we haven’t satisfied his standards.” Chaewon chuckled lightly, Hyejin shook her head.

“Well, I kind of just dragged him here.” Hyejin mused and patted his arm.

“Of course, it’s so hard to satisfy people nowadays. If they don’t like you, they leave. That’s how the market is, right?” Chaewon picked up her water. Joohyuk stared at his friend, stunned.

Low blow, Chaewon.

“Not for the Jis though, this is your, what, sixty-eighth branch?” Hyejin replied.

“Seventieth. Not counting the ones outside the country, anyway, enjoy the rest of the day.” Chaewon said.

“We should meet up. Dinner’s on me.” Hyejin told her.

“Of course, unnie. Have fun. Sehun-ssi too.” Chaewon said before walking away from them, Joohyuk bid the two goodbye before padding after the girl.

 

 

“What?” Sehun hissed through the phone.

“Your mother said not to provide you with anything that can fly. So, sir, enjoy~”

“I have to get out of here!”

“Vice chairman, there’s really nothing we can do.”

Sehun let out a shaky breath and tucked his phone back in his pant pocket. He was at the lobby, he had excused himself from Hyejin and some of her acquaintances.

Sehun needed to leave, he wanted to leave. This was all too much for him. She was mad at him, and he understood that.

But, surely, he didn’t need to see her with the Nam heir. He didn’t need to see them being all over each other.

It was unfair. He didn’t hope for this.

The doors slid open, and Chaewon walked in. She had already changed into a pair of denim shorts and a shirt, and she was alone. Sehun took a shaky breath before walking towards her.

I have to talk to you.

“Chaewon-ah,” The sound of her name sounded so foreign from his lips.

The girl’s eyes went to him.

“What is it, Oh Sehun-ssi?”

“Chaewon, please.” Sehun spoke again, a small unamused smile appeared on her lips.

“Whoa, walks away from me four years ago and yet willingly attends a party hosted by my family.”

“I—I didn’t know you were in town.”

“Sure.” Chaewon replied, she was about to walk past him, but Sehun blocked her path.

“We don’t have to act like strangers, Chaewon. This will just~”

“But to me, you are.” Chaewon spat.

Sehun looked down and swallowed.

“I prefer it that way too. We don’t have to treat each other as acquaintances. I would rather you stay away from me.”

Sehun met her gaze evenly.

“Chaewon, you know we need to talk.”

“Like I said, I would rather you stay away from me.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++