009

Him&I

“Well, he’s been very vocal about trying to mess up with my life, well, not like it’s not already messed up as it is.” Chaewon shrugged over breakfast, Changwook smiled at his sister.

“Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” He joked.

“I had to stay up to finish something for school. Plus, Keita wants me to fly to Japan for his birthday.”

“Seems fun.” Hyebin spoke.

“Keita asked me out before we left for Seoul, unnie. That would be very awkward.” She explained as she doused her pancakes with syrup.

“Good, take Sehun with you.” Changwook mused, the girl eyed him warily.

“I’m not going. I have exams in a few days.” She stated, then Chaewon glanced at the windows, her brows knitted together.

“Hey,” Hyebin spoke, noticing the frown on her face.

“Don’t take it to heart, your father was just angry.”

“I just don’t like it how he thinks he has the right to interfere, unnie. I heard all about he said regarding Sehun.” She murmured, Changwook bit his lip.

“Don’t worry, oppa will take care of it.” He spoke, Chaewon smiled and nodded.

“You have to, you’re the eldest.” She replied, he rolled his eyes at her.

“Sometimes, I think I let her walk all over me way too much.” He grumbled to himself, Hyebin laughed.

 

 

Chaewon stretched her arms as she continued reading her notes, she had skipped lunch and wen straight to the library to study.

“You know, I’m starting not to like this arrangement.” She felt someone take the seat beside hers and her lips curled up.

“I really need to finish reading this.” She replied as she faced him, Sehun scrunched his nose at her and carefully shut her laptop close.

“Have you eaten?” She asked him, while leaning over to push his hair from his forehead. She grinned as Sehun’s brows knitted together.

“I was waiting for you; can we eat now?” Sehun frowned at her, Chaewon eyed him warily.

Sehun was guilt-tripping her to lunch again.

“It’s never healthy to skip meals, miss Ji.”

“I had a sandwi~”

“Nope, that isn’t lunch.” Sehun said as he arranged her things and neatly put them back in her backpack, Chaewon sighed and handed him her laptop too.

“Eomma broadcasted about meeting you and now my father is demanding the same.” He said as they stood up, Sehun stretched one hand to her.

“Really? Your mother is so nice. How you ended up like this is a mystery.” She joked as she laced her fingers with his.

“Hmm, this isn’t how I envisioned for things to be.” Sehun muttered, Chaewon smiled before leaning upward to kiss his cheek, he smiled.

“Let’s get some food in you before you turn into a full-blown brat.”

 

 

“He’s showing no signs of leaving the country.” Changwook spoke, his wife looked up from her desk.

“He’s staying at one of our hotels, he also brought his woman with him. And he has been parading her around the city.” He muttered, Hyebin puffed her cheeks and stood up.

“Does Chaewon know?”

“I don’t want her to know, but she’ll eventually find out.”

“I never saw her that aggravated, she was really mad with him.” Changwook continued.

“But why does he not like Sehun? I mean, let me be frank, Sehun is the only heir to Samsung.” Hyebin spoke.

“He’s probably doing it out fo spite, you see, the day eomma saw them at this penthouse in Osaka, Chaewon was the one who suggested they visit him so that they could do some shopping.”

Hyebin paused, her brows rising up.

“He’s doing this because of that? But he’s in the wrong here.”

“Exactly, but eomma wouldn’t be in Osaka if Chaewon didn’t beg for her to come. That’s how he sees it, it’s all Chaewon’s fault.”

“But..to do this to your own child, I’m sorry to say this, he’s your father, that’s pretty low of him.” Hyebin said as she sat down beside him.

“That’s why I’m worried, I hope he doesn’t target Sehun because of this, he’s been nothing but a nice addition to our family.”

“He keeps Chaewon sane?” Hyebin said with a small smile.

“I think they’re learning from each other, I heard Sehun has been….coming to work lately.” Changwook mused.

“You trained Chaewon well, it’s rubbing on him.” Hyebin nodded, he smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“What would I do without you, my pregnant lady?”

 

 

“Are you sure your brother’s okay with me being in the house?” Sehun asked again, they were at the Ji residence and he was aware that the house was empty.

“It’s fine, I just need to get something and we can head back to campus.” Chaewon said before heading straight for the stairs, Sehun made his way towards the living room, he was about to take a seat when he heard the front doors open.

“It must be them,” He murmured to himself as he moved, and then he halted as an elegant middle-aged woman appeared by the doorway.

“Oh, we have a guest.” She was smiling, two of the house help came out to help her with her bags. Sehun swallowed and looked around.

“Changwook mentioned that Chaewon has a special friend. Am I right to assume that it is you?” She asked him, Sehun nodded back.

“Yes, nice to meet you, Mrs. Ji.” Sehun said, then he paused, remembering the divorce.

“Or, would you like me to address you with another name?” He blinked, the lady chuckled.

“Auntie would be okay.” She said as she extended her hand to him, Sehun nodded and took the elder’s hand.

“Have you eaten? Is Chaewon~”

“Sehun-ah, can you~” Chaewon halted when her eyes landed on her mother, she looked Sehun, her brows rose.

“Eomma, I thought you were flying back next week.” She said as she approached the elder to give her a hug.

“Well, I heard your father caused a scene again, I don’t want you and your brother to be trouble by it.” She said, Sehun bit his lip.

“Ah, well, I was just here to get some things for school. Sehun~”

“You two should have something to eat before leaving, come.” The elder said as she headed for the kitchen.

“Well, did she…grill you? Or did she like you?” Chaewon mused as they followed the elder.

“She asked me if I already ate, so I think she likes me.” Sehun replied, Chaewon chuckled and nodded.

“Eomma’s always been like that. Even with my other friends, although she’s always encouraged me to~”

“You know, Sehun-ah, I’ve always wanted my daughter to end up with a nice young man.” Mrs. Ji said as soon as they joined her.

“Ah, yes.”

“I always told her to to choose someone who’s tall, has a nice face~”

“Eomma,” Chaewon winced, her cheeks turning pink.

“It’s true. She’s quite picky with boys herself, so~”

“So, let’s just eat. I’m glad you two get along well, but you don’t have to tell him everything, mother.”

Mrs. Ji chuckled and reached out to pat Sehun’s hand.

“I’m happy that you passed, my son has always been protective over Chaewon.”

Sehun chuckled and thanked the lady before sticking out his tongue at Chaewon.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++