034

Him&I

“Husband?” Hyejin was panicky as she stepped out of the room, her son looked up from his playdesk.

“Your husband is downstairs, Mrs. Ji.” Hwan mused jokingly, Hyebin blinked at him before heading down.

“Husband!” She called as she padded towards the kitchen, she found Changwook making coffee.

“You’re up early. Is everything alright?” He asked her, Hyebin exhaled before giving her phone to him.

“What is it? Are we late for your doctor’s appointment?” Changwook took the phone from her, Hyebin could only shake her head and urged him to look at the screen.

“Good morning, parents. Auntie Chaewon is on the news.” Hwan said as he arrived, he was carrying a teddy bear with him.

“And, eomma, auntie will be babysitting me today, you don’t have to call Kai samchon.” Hwan took off again, his parents not noticing how he sneakily helped himself to some of Chaewon’s ice cream stash.

Changwook almost cursed as soon as he read the article on the screen, then he looked at his son.

“Call the office, tell them to fix this.” Hyebin murmured as she tugged on his arm, he exhaled before pulling her into his chest.

“They’re calling her a homewrecker. I mean, just because they’re exes that doesn’t mean..” Hyebin trailed off and sighed.

 

 

“Books? This is new, Hwan.” Chaewon was smiling as they walked in the bookstore, Hwan nodded back and let go of her hand.

“Can I roam around, auntie? I wont take long.”

“Sure, go.” Chaewon kissed the top of his head, he glanced at the two guards and gestured for them to follow the toddler.

Chaewon chewed on her lower lip before deciding to step out of the bookstore and roam around herself, she had cancelled everything work related to spend time with her nephew. She even instructed her secretary not to call her today, she needed a breather.

Or, she was just making excuses.

She shrugged to herself.

Sure, it was not a bad idea being friends with Sehun again, but it was kind of terrifying how easy it is for them to be back to normal again. It was as if nothing happened.

Her fingers went to her earlobes again, her forehead creased.

Four effin years, he still knows how to confuse me.

“Hey,”

She glanced back, Joohyuk was making his way towards her, there was a look on his face that made her pause.

“Are you okay?” Chaewon reached out to cup his cheek, he shook his head.

“Have…you seen news?” He asked her, the girl blinked and immediately shook her head.

“Business news, yes. But, you don’t read that .” She said playfully as she hooked arms with him, Joohyuk his lips.

“Chaewon-ah, it’s out.”

“Hmm?”

“Your past with Sehun. Photos have been posted online.”

Chaewon almost tripped on the floor, Joohyuk held onto her hand, she looked at him.

“W—What else?”

“They think..you’re coming in between Sehun and Ko Hyejin. It...It doesn't look good.”

 

 

Sehun exhaled and tossed his phone back on the table, the loud thud made the others in the room flinch.

“How much does the company invest in our PR teams? Why are those articles still up?” His voice was quiet and lethal.

The three department heads could only look at their shoes.

“Sir, we’re trying to contact the websites, but it’s been out on the news. That takes..time.”

“So, is that my problem? Call the network. Tell them to shut it down.” Sehun pointed out, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

His secretary could only look away, he was still trying to contact Chaewon.

“Call them, and warn them that if they don’t take down those photos. It’s not Samsung that’s coming for them, it’s going to be me. So, they better be prepared.” Sehun stated, he stood up and dismissed them with a wave.

“Sir, she’s still unreachable.”

Sehun let out a shaky breath and closed his eyes briefly.

“Give her office a call and ask~”

The doors opened again, Sehun glanced back and saw Hyejin walk in the room. He chewed on his lower lip and fixed his tie.

“Sehun-ah, can we talk?”

Sehun glanced at his secretary, the male slowly stood up, bowed and left. Sehun nodded at the girl and gestured for her to take a seat.

However, the Sehun’s secretary couldn’t help but glance back before closing the doors. His boss was in a bad mood, and he was worried for the Ko heiress. Oh Sehun becomes short-tempered when something’s bothering him and not a lot of people can survive that.

“What’s the matter?” Sehun asked her, the girl paused, taken aback.

“Is that what you’re going to ask me?”

“What…What else am I supposed to say?” Sehun replied, he fists curling on his lap.

“Sehun-ah, there are photos of you and Chaewon. I mean, not just the old ones, but you two have been seen together recently. It doesn’t look good.”

“You don’t seem surprised that she’s my ex-girlfriend.” Sehun replied, the girl shrugged.

“It..She’s in your past. But, please, how about you distance yourself~”

“Why are you telling me that? I can be seen with whoever I want.” Sehun told her, the girl’s brows rose.

“But, Sehun-ah, you and I~”

“We’re not engaged, if that’s what you’re trying to say. Our parents simply tried to pair us up.” Sehun explained to her, Hyejin didn’t know what to say.

“I’m sorry if we kept things from you, we didn’t mean any harm. Chaewon preferred it that way.”

“You two are making me look bad. She deserves this, you both do.” Hyejin spat at him, Sehun’s lips quirked up.

“Honestly,” Sehun stood up and picked up his jacket.

“I don’t care what you think.” He stated before leaving the office.

 

 

“Sehun’s not commenting. Why?” Chaewon was staring at her laptop’s screen, although the articles have disappeared, still no comment from Samsung.

And, she didn’t know what to do next since Sehun has not done anything yet.

She pursed her lips before walking away from the counter, Joohyuk had taken Hwan to an amusement park while she pondered on her homewrecker title.

Chaewon was about to pour herself another cup of coffee when she heard the frontdoor open, she rushed to the foyer.

“Joohyuk-ah, have you~” She halted when she met face to face with Sehun.

“I’ve been calling you, and this is where you’ve been hiding?” Sehun spoke icily, Chaewon paused.

“Hiding? I am~”

“How many times did I call you? I wanted to ask you how I should handle this, and yet you’re home, expecting for him to come?”

“Sehun-ah.” She warned him, Sehun loosened his tie.

“What else should be done? We can’t deny it, we were once together.” Chaewon told him.

“Exactly, if only you’ve been honest with everyone in the beginning this….” He trailed off.

“And now it’s my fault? You were the one who suggested to be friends again. Heck, you guilt-tripped me into it!” She snapped at him.

“You’re mad at me because of this, but you don’t seem bothered about how people are calling you names? Chaewon, we were photographed together again. And, you’re only worried about~”

“I don’t want to come in between you and Hyejin, Oh Sehun. That’s why I haven’t commented on anything, and you should have denied everything earlier. Nothing is happening between us, that’s so easy to say!”

“Deny you? Why would I?” Sehun stated, Chaewon closed and looked away.

“Why would I deny the best thing that’s ever happened to me?” He added, he ran his fingers through his hair, Chaewon looked away, her fingers curled around the the hem of her shirt.

“Sehun, please, don’t~”

“You know what the problem is, Chaewon?” Sehun spoke, he closed the space between them in three strides.

“I tried, I really tried not to want you again, because I know that I’ll always be bad for you, but, what to do?”

Their noses were almost touching, Chaewon swallowed but Sehun’s gaze kept her in place.

“I still want you.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++