011

Him&I

Present Time

 

 

Chaewon wiped her sweat off and tossed the towel on kitchen counter, she had just come from a short jog and was to eat breakfast.

She went straight to the refrigerator and took out some fruit and milk, she was about heat up some leftover pizza when her phone started to ring.

She picked it up and answered.

“Oppa, hey.” She spoke as she walked to the living room while chewing on an apple.

“Are you busy? What time is it there?”

“No, I’m still at home, about to eat breakfast. What’s up?” Chaewon sat down and looked at the view before her.

“Well, we’re sending Jaehwan to kindergarten in a few months. And, something happened.”

“He refuses to go to school? I understand that.” She said with a small smile, her brother sighed.

“Oppa?”

“We…Hyebin and I discovered that she’s with child again a few weeks ago.”

Chaewon’s eyes widened and she started to smile.

“Oppa, congratulations. I’m so happy for you two.”

“Thank you, Chaewon. But, things aren’t going so well.”

Chaewon paused, sensing her brother’s discomfort.

“Why? Is she okay?”

“She’s fine, the baby as well, but we were informed that it’s a high risk pregnancy, and she may have to stay home a lot.”

Chaewon frowned, she stood up and walked back to the kitchen.

“Oppa,”

“That means, I may not be as around at the office as I should be, Chae.”

Chaewon’s brows rose, she was hesitating to speak.

“I know this is too much to ask from you, but can you think about coming home?”

Chaewon paused, her finger hovered her box of cereal.

“O—Oppa, I~”

“Please think about it, alright? I could really use some help here.”

 

 

Sehun fixed his tie as he stepped out of his office, his secretary closely followed behind him.

“The car’s already waiting downstairs, sir.”

Sehun nodded back, he was to attend a mall opening of one of their business partners. He used to dread attending events such as this one, but he knows it’s all part of the business.

His old self would laugh at him if he witnessed this now.

“And miss Ko called, sir.”

Sehun noded for him to continue as they got inside the elevators.

“Apparently, the samonim informed her about the party. And she has volunteered for you to pass by miss Ko’s office to pick her up.”

Sehun’s brows rose, amused.

“She’s really pushing this one, huh?” Sehun asked, the other male nodded.

“I heard you two got along well, vice chairman.”

Sehun wordlessly nodded.

“It was okay, any word on Kim Bio?”

“Ah, yes, they are scheduled to arrive next week with a proposal in hand.”

The doors pinged open, and Sehun stepped out of the machine, and the employees bowed as he passed by.

“Tell our legal team to send someone to review that deal, and~” His eyes turned towards the huge LED screen that was installed at their office’s lobby. It was showing some news as well as stock market prices.

JBG Holdings to open new branch to mark it’s fiftieth anniversary!

A photo of the Ji siblings flashed on the screen, Sehun’s eyes faltered and he looked away from the screen.

“Sir?”

“Tell the driver I’ll drive today, text me the address of miss Ko’s office.” Sehun said, he glanced at the screen again before heading towards the revolving doors.

 

 

“They want to move it? Again?” Chaewon looked up from her laptop, her left brow arching.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Am I their pet? Do I come at their beck and call?”

“Vice president~”

“Cancel the deal.”

“But, ma’am, this will cost them about twelve million dollars and~”

Chaewon exhaled, she leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

“I am also a busy person; they were the ones who offered this to us. And I decided to take the chance on them, but now,”

Chaewon looked at the file again.

“Why does it feel like I’m the one who volunteered to take this on? It’s their loss anyway. Cancel it. Everything.”

Her secretary nodded, he took out his phone and left the room. Chaewon shook his head and tossed the file into the trash bin and stood up. She ran her fingers through her hair, and then she turned back when the doors opened again.

“These just arrived, ma’am.” Her secretary returned with a bouquet flowers, she grimaced.

“It’s from mister Harris, founder of~”

“Not in my office.”

“Where should I~”

“Tell him to stop sending those. Get it out of my office.”

 

 

Sehun smiled as he opened the door for Hyejin, the Ko heiress thanked him as she slid inside the vehicle.

“My mother can be quite pushy. I have to apologize for that.” Sehun said as he started the car again, Hyejin smiled and shook her head.

“It’s okay, Sehun-ssi. That’s how it usually goes for us.” She said good-naturedly, Sehun nodded back.

“Where did you take your master’s? SNU?”

“Yes, I didn’t really have a lot of options, I wasn’t the best student.”

“I’m sure you weren’t that bad,” Hyejin chuckled, Sehun smiled at her.

“You? Did you finish studying here?”

Hyejin was about to reply when her phone pinged, she took it out and paused as she read the message.

“Well, there goes my plans for the weekend.” She murmured, Sehun glanced at her.

“Is everything alright?”

“Yes, but there’s this event I have to attend. In Jeju. Do you know JBG Holdings?”

“I—I’ve heard of them.”

“They’re opening another branch in Jeju, apparently it’s bigger than their previous one.” Hyejin said before typing on her phone.

“I didn’t know they were expanding.” Sehun added, his grip on the wheel tightened.

“Yes, I also heard rumors about changes in their management. They’ve always been the best in their field.” Hyejin said happily.

Sehun exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++