005

Him&I


Seoul 20XX

 

 

Chaewon rushed towards the parking lot, her brother had asked her to attend a meeting at the office and she was running late.

She got inside her car and tossed her bag at the back, she was about to hit the gas when her phone began to ring. She glanced at the phone’s screen before answering.

“Kai,” She spoke as she carefully sped out of the lot.

“Hi, do you have plans tonight?” His voice echoed from the car’s speakers.

“Probably...none, why? Can I say no beforehand?” She chuckled as she exited the campus gates.

“I’m hosting this small party tonight, and since you are in dire need of new friends~”

“Really?” She said dryly

Kai chuckled.

“I mean it, I’d love it if you would come.”

“I’ll try, I’m quite busy today.” She explained as she leaned back on the seat.

“Oh, I can pick you up. You can be my date.”

“Nope, don’t want to get slapped. I can drive myself, just text me the address.” She nodded to herself, Kai snorted.

“Alright, you off to work? Changwook turning you into a slave already?” He joked, Chaewon smiled to herself.

“Just send me the address, Kai. I’ll be there in the skimpiest dress I own.”

“But babe, I like it when you cover your skin.” Kai chimed in.

She shook her head before ending the call, Chaewon exhaled before switching lanes.

 

Sehun looked up as the waiter arrived with their food, he was having late lunch with his parents. His mother was chatting about her recent shopping trip in Paris.

“So, are you free this weekend?” His father spoke to him, Sehun was about to pick up his knife and fork.

“I most probably will be, why?”

“I have something I need you to do.”

Sehun sighed, his forehead creasing. His father noticed his expression and his brows rose up, Mrs. Oh bit her lip and swallowed.

“Just what exactly do you want to happen, Oh Sehun?”

Sehun’s lips thinned and he didn’t meet his father’s gaze.

“You, You are not getting any younger, you should start being responsible.”

“You can’t behave like this forever. You are needed at the company, what’s the purpose and letting you attend all those prestigious academies and yet you turn out to be this useless?” His father’s tone went up, the restaurant turned quiet. The other customers were looking at them, Mrs. Oh sighed.

“Yeobo,” She spoke calmly, trying to soothe her husband.

“No, this boy, this brat has to hear this.” His father pointed out, Sehun smirked and shook his head.

“Oh, I know everything, abeoji. The company is the only thing that matters to you.” Sehun mused.

“You~”

“We made a deal, you said you’d let me be until I graduate, now, what’s this? You’re forcing me to be just like you.”

“Sehun-ah.” His mother tried to reach for his hand, but Sehun pushed his chair back and stood up.

“But, really, good job, abeoji. What a way to dampen the mood.”

“Sehun, sit back down.” His father barked at him, Sehun picked up his leather jacket, he ignored the elder and kissed the side of his mother’s head.

And then he walked away from them.

 

 

Kai looked up from the bar as he spotted his friend walk in, he made his way towards the male and he stopped.

From the way Sehun’s shoulders looked so stiff and with the matching scowl on his face, it was obvious that his friend was in a foul mood.

“What happened?” Kai asked as he followed his friend back to the bar, Sehun asked for his usual before sitting down.

“The usual?” Kai asked as he took the seat beside him.

“Yeah. Samsung needs you bull.”

“It’s kind of true though, Oh Sehun.” Kai said mildly, Sehun’s drink arrived and he finished it in one go.

“No one even asked me if I was okay with that arrangement, but sure, sounds good.” He stated, his tone arctic.

“Sehun-ah~”

“You don’t need to butter me up with that thing, nothing will change how I feel about it.” Sehun said, he asked for a beer when something caught his eyes. His brows rose, Kai followed his gaze.

“Isn’t that..Chaewon?” Kai blinked, under the dim lights, he could clearly see that annoyed expression on her face. A drunken college kid was trying to grind his body against hers.

Kai was about to move forward, but Sehun set his beer down and sauntered towards the dancing crowd.

 

 

Chaewon was trying to pull away from the male, his breath reeked of cheap alcohol and he was standing too close to her. She was debating whether to hit the male with his limited edition calfskin Chanel purse when he was ripped off her.

Really, the male was literally ripped away from her.

She turned her head and paused, a broad set of shoulders was turned to her as the owner looked down on the drunk male.

“Let’s keep it PG-13, shall we?” His tone was flat, and Chaewon knew he meant business, and to be honest, he was quite terrifying, seeing as how he towered over the other male.

Chaewon was about to speak when the male suddenly faced her, she blinked and took multiple steps back.

“Are you okay?” He asked her, her brows rose, he looked familiar.

“Yes, thank you.” She replied with a quick smile, the male paused but then he started to smile back at her.

“You’re a new face.”

“I didn’t get anything done.” She stated, from the look on his face, Chaewon knew she must have understood him wrongly.

“I just said I haven’t seen you in this…crowd. Kim Jongin’s crowd.” He seemed taken aback.

Well, there you go, Chaewon. Your Korean is so flawless. It could be the end of you.

“O—Oh, I just enrolled in SNU this year. Sorry.” She scratched the back of her head, she looked to meet his gaze.

“I had a feeling about that.” He smirked at her, Chaewon’s brows furrowed.

Okay, so, is this converstion ending? My neck is aching. How tall is this guy?

“Nice save, Samsung. Noona would come for my neck if something happened to her.” A familiar voice said from behind her, Kai grinned and slung his arm around her neck.

“Samsung? His name is…Samsung?” Chaewon asked, she started to giggle.

“Do I look like a Samsung to you?” He mused as he took one step closer to her, Kai grinned and he dropped his arm, Chaewon halted.

“No?” She trailed off, his smirked deepened and he leaned closer to her, Chaewon balked, their noses were just centimeters away from each other. And then, his smirk transformed into a small playful smile, he pulled away from her.

“Wow, you’re really Kim Jongin’s friend, no wonder you look like trouble.” She said sourly, the male nodded and stretched his palm to her.

“Oh Sehun.” He said warmly, Chaewon blinked but she put her hand in his.

“Ji Chaewon.”

“I know.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++