012

Him&I

Chaewon slung her Chanel over one shoulder as she stepped out of the hotel, she ran her fingers through her hair as she made her way towards the nearest Starbucks. Her thoughts went to her brother and Hyebin.

Wow, now I feel bad for being away.

She crossed the street, some of JBG US greeted her as she passed by. Chaewon nodded back and shook her head.

She had called Hyebin earlier this morning, she might have told Chaewon that she was okay and that everything was in order, but she could hear the stress in her voice.

“Vice president, I could have gotten your coffee for you.” Her secretary jogged to her, he pushed the door for her.

“It’s okay, I needed to stretch for a bit. What do I have this afternoon?” Chaewon spoke as they entered the café.

“Meeting in West Hollywood for the renovation. We’ve already spoken with architecture’s firm.”

“Good, but,”

The male looked at her.

“I may need to fly to Seoul.”

“Seoul?” He repeated, in the four years he had worked for the young tycoon, he had never heard her speak of their hometown.

“For how long, vice president?”

“I’m not certain yet, but inform the office. Call Seoul too, I have to make arrangements too.” She said before facing the male behind the counter.

“Yes, vice president.”

 

 

Sehun walked in his office and paused when he found his mother already inside.

“Eomma,”

“How was the party yesterday, son?”

He sighed, ed his coat and sat down on his chair.

“Next thing I know you’re going to shove a ring to my face and ask me to marry miss Ko.” He said dryly, his mother rolled her eyes at him.

“I just want you to get along with her, son. You’re not getting any younger. You should think about settling down.”

“Eomma, I’m quite busy, you see. I don’t have a sibling to help me out here.” Sehun pointed out, her mother ignored his comment.

“If I had another son just like you, that would be the end of me, Oh Sehun.”

Sehun grinned at her and opened his laptop.

“Be nice to her, okay? She seems to have taken a liking to you, son.”

Sehun looked up from the screen and grinned at his mother.

“You seem to like her, eomma.”

“Well, not every girl is just like your ex-girlfriend, she was perfect but~” Mrs. Oh halted and covered , Sehun paused and nodded.

“It’s fine, you can talk about her.”

“I’m sorry, son. What happened was really..unfortunate. I—I’ll get going now.” She stated as she slowly stood up.

“But, have you heard from her?”

Sehun shook his head.

“No.”

“I don’t like how you two…cut off all contact, son.”

“It was for the best, eomma. Have a good day.” Sehun said, dismissing the topic. His mother sighed and stepped out of his office.

 

 

Chaewon looked on as the meeting begun, she had her arms crossed as reports and financial graphs were being shown to her.

“We’ve already approved the proposed budget for the renovation too,”

She nodded for the man to continue.

“For the next half of the year we will be focusing more on out two branches in Las Vegas and, the budget hotel we were planning to open in New York.”

“Good, I’d like to assign all pending projects to director Song and director Simons.” She spoke, the other directors turned to her, stunned at her words.

“Yes?”

“I will be flying to Seoul before the week ends. I’ve been called by the chairman.” Chaewon announced, the other directors nodded.

“I’m not sure when I will be flying back, but I trust all of you to keep things in order.” She said with a faint hint of a smile.

“Of course, vice president.”

“Good, then, we’re finished here. Thank you.” Chaewon stood up, and they followed. They bowed politely before the young lady left the room.

“Then, JBG Korea’s in for a treat if she’s going to be reassigned there.” One director said jokingly, the others nodded.

“We all should pray for them.”

 

 

Sehun loosened his tie as he slid down from the car, he glanced behind him as the garage doors closed. He was about to head for the door when his eyes landed on his old Ducati. His brows rose as he walked towards the vehicle.

“It’s been years.” He said as he ran his fingers through the seat, he looked up at the shelf and noticed a bright yellow helmet beside his black one.

He let out a shaky breath.

“It’s almost like everyone wants to remind me of you. Hilarious.” Sehun murmured to himself, he reached for the helmet and smiled as he saw the stickers that were on it.

“It’s all because of you!”

“If you hadn’t shown yourself there, she would never have chased you and got in this accident!”

“You will be the death of her!”

Sehun put the helmet away, he shook off his coat and went inside the house.

“She should have never met you.”

“Get out of her life, you will never be good enough for Chaewon.”

Sehun walked towards the kitchen, he paused as he noticed a handwritte note, it was his secretary’s penmanship.

Vice chairman, miss Ko called earlier during the meeting. She asks if you could be her plus one at the JBG opening this weekend. It’s in Jeju, sir.

Sehun put the note down and poured himself a glass of water. He went to the living room and plopped down.

“Chaewon-ah, give me a break.” He said softly as he closed his eyes, and all he could see was her smile.

 

 

Chaewon looked at the male in annoyance as he continued to flirt with her, she was just waiting for her luggage at the carousel.

“So, are you heading straight home after this? Or would you like to come with me to my place?” He asked as he tried to lean in to her, she took a step back.

“I live in Gangnam, by the way. I’m sure you’ve heard of it, Mansion Apartments? A unit there may cost you a few million or something.” He bragged, Chaewon glanced at him again.

“Have you been there? There’s a limit to access~”

“I don’t care.”

“Come on, darling, let’s have a little~” The male started to grab her by the waist, Chaewon was about to react when the male was ripped away from her.

“This darling owns fifty percent of Mansion Apartments.” A masculine voice spoke, Chaewon smiled at her brother’s bodyguards.

“You~”

“Report him to airport security. Have him taken in.” Changwook spoke, he eyed the male with disdain before giving his sister a hug and took her bag.

“How was your flight?”

“I’m not flying commercial again.” She said to him, Changwook smiled and kissed the side of her head.

“Welcome home, Chaewon.”

“Next time send a jet, oppa.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” He chuckled, Chaewon put her sunglasses on as they stepped out of the building.

“We’re heading to Jeju tomorrow for the opening, do you need clothes for that?” Changwook asked as they got inside the car.

“I might need some, don’t worry, I’ll check out the malls later this afternoon.”

“Got it. I’ll have them prepare a car.” He said as the vehicle moved forward, Chaewon looked at the windows, and she sighed to herself.

“I want to see unnie and Jaehwan first.” She spoke again, Changwook chuckled.

“He’s excited to see you. I’m glad you decided to come here.”

Chaewon was about to reply when she saw the Samsung logo on one of the billboards as they passed by.

She shut close and leaned back on her seat.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++