044

Him&I

 

Changwook smiled as Chaewon appeared by the sliding doors.

“Auntie!” Hwan waved excitedly, Sehun’s eyes went to them and he smiled.

“Hwan!” Chaewon padded towards them, occasionally flinching at her quick movement, but she leaned down to give him a hug.

“How was your flight?” Hyebin asked Sehun.

“It was fine, noona. Chaewon’s happy to be home, she wouldn’t let me sleep.”

“How are you feeling? You’re glowing, noona.” Sehun continued, the lady shook her head and hooked arms with him.

“I feel like a balloon, don’t even try to make me feel better.”

“It’s not like that.” He chuckled as they walked together, Sehun glanced behind him and saw Chaewon opening a candy bar for Hwan while Changwook was busy on the phone. He smiled and shook his head.

“I arranged lunch at home, join us.” Hyebin spoke again, he nodded back.

“Sounds good, noona. I don’t see Kai.”

“Oh, he’s running late. Again.”

Sehun chuckled and shook his head.

“Unnie, did you make cheese kimbap? I want cheese kimbap.” Chaewon said from behind them, she was clinging on her brother’s arm as she walked.

“I made some for you, Hwan has transitioned to more complex food now, Chaewon. Unlike you.”

“Hey!”

The two laughed, Changwook grinned and kissed the top of his sister’s head.

“Welcome home, auntie. I hope your tastebuds mature now.” Hwan joked before running away from them.

“What? Come back here, Hwan!”

 

 

Sehun crossed his arms as he leaned against the balustrade, Hyebin and the staff were preparing lunch inside and Chaewon had retired to her room, wanting to change into something comfortable.

“Hey, Samsung boy.”

He turned his head as Kai joined him, his brows rose at him.

“How are you feeling? Of course, you’re happy.” Kai chuckled, and then Joohyuk appeared beside them.

“The talk about mister Ji and the trial is dying down, that’s why I told Chaewon that now would be a good time to fly home. I don’t want her to stress over that as well.”

Joohyuk nodded back.

“He’s been trying to reach out to her, you know. Changwook hyung already went to visit him in prison, he wanted to talk.” Kai said.

“Talk?”

“He’s also been trying to contact Chaewon, but she has her office blocking all calls and attempts to reach her.” Joohyuk added, he put his glass of wine down.

“And, I actually have mixed feelings about that.” Kai murmured, Sehun glanced at the two.

“I heard about that, Chaewon told me.”

“Puts you in a tough spot, huh?” Kai shrugged before walking back towards the house, Joohyuk glanced at him.

“She won’t talk to him, you know that.” Sehun said to him, the later nodded back.

“She doesn’t have to. I’m just glad she has you, Oh Sehun.”

“Still, I think~”

“Sehun-ah,”

The three towers glanced back, Chaewon was padding towards them, she had changed into a pair of denim shorts and a loose shirt.

“Unnie’s almost done inside, come on.”

“We’ll go first, young miss.” Kai said teasingly before moving along, Joohyuk grinned at the two.

“Must you really leave right away? Why not spend~”

J.Won, I’ve got to see my patients too. Besides, it’s not like you can’t come and visit? You and Samsung boy.” Joohyuk chuckled.

“Don’t call me that.” Sehun sighed at him.

“It has a certain ring to it, I like it.” He mused before leaving the two, Chaewon was smiling as she faced the male.

“How are you feeling? I know you had plans to head straight to the office. Sorry, I didn’t know unnie would~”

“It’s fine, food from the Ji house is the best.” Sehun said as he pulled the girl to his chest. CHaewon nodded back.

“Chaewon-ah,” Sehun gently gripped her waist, making the girl look at him.

“Have..you thought about it? Your..father?” Sehun asked, her brows rose briefly.

“He’s still your father, I get what you’re trying to say, but it’s just a thirty-minute meeting.” Sehun said, his tone careful. He reached for the tips of her hair and slowly curled them around his fingers.

“It’s just..facing him, I can’t do it. And it’s not just because of you and what he did, all the hurt and pain he’s caused this family, Sehun. I just don’t think it’s worth it.” She murmured before pressing her nose against the front of his shirt. Sehun his lips, knowing how much the topic weighed on her. He could sense it, Chaewon felt troubled.

“Okay, I understand.” He spoke, dropping it.

“Come on, let’s eat.” She looked up and gently tugged on the lapel of his coat so that she could plant a quick kiss on his check. Sehun was about to react, but the girl just giggled before hopping away from him.

Sehun smiled to himself and followed her back to the house.

 

 

Chaewon was bobbing her head to the beat of the music as she went through her email. And there were a lot of them.

She puffed her cheeks and pulled her hair up, she grabbed a pen to hold it all in place.

“Ma’am,”

She peeled her gaze from the laptop and paused as a huge flower decoration was hauled in her office.

“What~”

“It came from president Oh’s office.”

“U—Uncle?” She balked and immediately left her seat, she approached the arrangement and realized that it was even taller than her.

“Here’s the card it came with, ma’am. The president must be really happy that you are well.” THer secretary said with a pleasant smile before leaving the office, Chaewon scratched the back of her head and opened the card.

Welcom back to Seoul, Chaewon-ah.

I hope you like the flowers.

Sehun doesn’t know I sent them.

Stay healthy and remember to rest.

I know things are difficult for you right now, but we’re always here for you.

You’re like family to us, so don’t hesitate to call.

And please don’t leave our son, he loves you.

We love you too.

Chaewon smiled and shook her head, she felt tears line her eyes and she set the card down.

“How cute.” She murmured, she wiped her cheeks and went back to her desk, she looked at the flowers and it reminded her of summer.

“How did I get so lucky?” She said to herself, she grabbed her phone and typed in a text to Sehun’s parents.

“I should get Sehun something to eat,” She checked the time and her brows rose.

“He’s probably feeling antsy today, he didn’t eat much during breakfast.” She murmured as she stood up and stepped out of her office.

 

 

“These are your schedules for the week, sir.”

Sehun looked up from his table and nodded back.

“How is the dealing with JinYi Group?”

“They will be sending a team here next week, an inspection is needed before we continue.”

Sehun nodded back, he pulled the folders towards him and set his pen down.

“What about the president? I was set to meet him this afternoon.” Sehun asked, his secretary nodded.

“Yes, sir. The president also sent flowers to vice chairman Ji’s office just today, he was really worried about her being back to work right away.” He said good-naturedly.

“Exactly, anyway, clear out my lunch. And,” Sehun’s eyes went to the box on his drawer.

“You look like you need a drink, sir.” He said, Sehun looked at the male.

“Well, j—just to calm your nerves, sir. You seem nervous, sir. Are you feeling okay?”

“I have to step out for a bit. I will be having lunch out as well.” Sehun replied, he picked up his jacket and left the office.

Sehun made his way towards the elevators and was surprised to find Kai, already inside.

“Hey, I was just about to~”

“Shut up.” Sehun muttered and got inside the machine, Kai grinned at him.

“Why? It’s your first time being back at work for almost a month. Are you okay?”

“Yes. What brings you here?” Sehun asked him, Kai paused and shrugged.

“I just wanted to check on you. Chaewon’s a little sulky because Joohyuk’s flying back to LA.”

Sehun smiled, the two really had the weirdest friendship, and he understood that.

“But, I..want to ask you something.” Kai asked, the doors opened and they walked out.

“What?”

“Years ago….You asked me to accompany you, we were at the store together when you picked it up.”

“Picked up what?” Sehun asked, they had reached the lobby.

“The ring. For Chaewon.”

Sehun stilled, his brows went up, and Kai knew he had hit a spot.

“Is it still with you?”

Sehun didn’t speak, instead, he just continued walking.

“Have you been thinking about it? Sehun~”

“I have. But, it’s not like that, not yet.” Sehun said to him, Kai halted and tilted his head.

“I just want to give it to her. I don’t need an answer. I bought it for her, it’s hers.” Sehun said with a small smile.

“But, now’s the perfect time~”

“We just got back together, Kai. We don’t have to rush.”

“What if some good-looking dude swoops in?” Kai mused at him as the two crossed the street, they were on their way to get coffee.

“We’ve got time now, things are working out well. Why would I want to disturb all that?”

“I don’t think Chaewon would reject you, Samsung.”

“I don’t want to pressure her either. I just want to see her happy, that’s all I want.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++