013

Him&I

 

“Jeju.” Sehun repeated over dinner, his father looked at him.

“Yes, it’s a hotel opening, they gave me two suites too. So, it won’t be a problem.” The Ko heiress said happily.

“Ah, is this the party you mentioned a a few days ago?” Mrs. Oh spoke, the lady nodded.

“It’s a bit awkward going alone, eomma cancelled last minute too.” Hyebin frowned slightly, Sehun looked at his dinner and his nose scrunched slightly.

The chicken was dry.

“Then, Sehun, you should accompany her. You’re not really busy on weekends.” Mrs. Oh volunteered for her son, Sehun was about to cut in but Hyejin spoke again.

“I also called in and told them that Sehun would be my plus one.”

“Whose hotel is this? Your friend’s?” Mr. Oh spoke, Sehun diverted his gaze from the plate.

“No, JBG Hotels.” She answered with a smile, Sehun saw his mother almost choke on her pasta.

“Yeah, I should accompany her, right, eomma?” Sehun spoke, he felt his father’s gaze on him.

“Do you know the Jis, auntie?” Hyejin asked, Sehun looked away and put his fork down.

“N—Not really, but, you two should e—enjoy Jeju. I bet the new hotel is really nice too.” Mrs. Oh added quickly, Sehun mentally sighed and leaned back on seat.

 

 

“Can’t I just stay here? With this baby?” Chaewon murmured as she wrapped her arms around her nephew. Jaehwan chuckled and hugged her back.

“We’ll be back by Monday, Chaewon.” Changwook grinned at the two, their bags were being loaded to the car outside.

“Eomma!” Jaehwan leaped down from the couch and jogged to Hyebin, Chaewon smiled and stood up.

“Oppa literally asked me to come home so that I could be a corporate slave as well.” She said jokingly as she approached the older girl.

“You know he loves you.” Hyebin winked at her before opening her arms to the girl.

“Have fun, Chae.” Hyebin mused as the girl hugged her back.

“Don’t worry, unnie. I’ll put this huge banner on oppa during the party.”

“A banner?” Changwook repeated as he lifted Jaehwan in his arms.

“Yeah, something simple. How about “This man is married. So back off.”?” Chaewon recited, Hyebin nodded and gave her a thumbs up. Changwook rolled his eyes at his sister. Chaewon picked up her Chanel backpack, blew them a kiss and headed for the car.

“Don’t fall for it, she’s only nice to us. And Jaehwan.” Changwook said as he kissed his wife’s cheek.

Hyebin frowned and nodded.

“I know, I heard horror stories about her, btu she’s good at her job.” Hyebin replied as she fixed the lapels of his jacket.

“But wasn’t like this, she used to be this warm young lady, who always had a ready smile.”

“Just..give her some time, she’ll get there.”

“It’s been four years.”

 

 

Chaewon yawned as she walked in her suite, she plopped down on the bed and stretched her legs before her.

It was a quick flight to Jeju, but her jetlag was still there, she sighed as she pulled the covers over her.

“Hey, so they’re brining up your luggage in a few minutes, do you want to grab something to eat?” Her brother asked as he walked in.

“I’m fine, oppa. I need some shut eye.”

“Okay, I’ll grab you a sandwich and a salad on my way back.” Changwook said before leaving, Chaewon sat up, she reached for her laptop and opened it.

She had emails from her LA office, she opened some and replied to the important ones before leaving her bed. Chaewon stepped out to the veranda and took in the beautiful view before her and puffed her cheeks.

As beautiful as it was, she didn’t like being home.

Being home was suffocating.

Things were never going to be the same again.

And she didn’t like that. She wanted to blame him.

But how could you be angry at someone you haven’t even heard from for years?

It’s all useless.

She heard her phone ring, she went back into the room and decided to sleep.

 

 

Sehun followed Hyejin to the lobby, he was dressed casually, a pair of well fitting denim jeans and a white shirt. But he still did gain glances from the other females within the area.

Hyejin glanced behind her and she smiled to herself. Sehun typed in a quick text to his secretary before joining the girl.

“It’s pretty, right?” She told him as she gestured around the island life theme of the lobby. Sehun nodded.

“Are you close with the family?” Sehun asked her.

“Well, the Jis are friends to us, but,”

Sehun paused as he noticed a trolley cart that carried four Goyard travel luggage, two were in green and the rest were yellow.

But what caught his eyes were the swirls and small drawings on the side of the bags, his forehead creased.

It can’t be.

She would never want to come home.

But the way the swirls were drawn using a silver Sharpie were what got to him, it looked too familiar.

Almost the same.

Sehun swallowed, and shook his head.

It’s not you. Anyone can do that.

“Sehun-ssi?”

He peeled his eyes from the cart, he noticed the hotel staff pull it aside near one of the elevators.

“Yeah?”

“I was just asking if you wanted something to drink? They’re offering complimentary ones.” Hyejin squeezed his arm, Sehun smiled back.

“Sure, thanks.” Sehun took one of the glasses from the tray and he looked around them.

He smiled to himself and shook his head.

I don’t think I have the right to see you again.

“Here, our suites are on the top floor.” Hyejin approached him and handed him a key card.

“Let’s go up then,” Sehun offered his arm to her, they got inside one of the elevators with him not noticing the letters stamped on the Goyard bags.

J.Won

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++