019

Him&I

“Auntie, you don’t have to do this. Eomma will be mad at me.”

Chaewon glanced at her nephew, she smiled.

“Hwan-ah, just think of this as your one and only aunt trying to make up for her absence. And, your mother will not mind.”

Jaehwan beamed at her, he let go of her hand and ran towards the toy section. Chaewon took out her phone and began to check her messages as she tailed Hwan around the store.

“Auntie, can we get this?” She heard Hwan call for her, she nodded without looking up.

“Sure.”

Chaewon puffed her cheeks as she checked her schedule and the messages she got from her LA office.

“This one too, auntie?”

“Yes, Hwan.”

Chaewon put her phone back in her pocket when she noticed a familiar male walk up to Hwan.

“Uncle!” Jaehwan broke into a grin as his uncle lifted him in his arms, Chaewon paused before walking toward them.

“Kai,”

“Chaewon-ah!” Jongin flashed him one of his sweet smiles before enveloping the girl in a one-armed hug.

“Oh, uncle Sehun is here too.” Jaehwan announced, Chaewon paused, she let go of Kai just as Sehun joined them. His eyes went to her for a brief moment and he reached out to muss Jaehwan’s hair.

“What are you two doing? Jaehwan’s out for some shopping?” Kai asked as he put Jaehwan down.

“Yeah, unnie is busy at home and it’s~”

“Are you two really going to act like this? Really? In front of the child?” Kai sighed, sensing the tension in their group. Sehun’s forehead creased, he was about step back when another male joined them.

“Oh, it’s you. We met in Jeju.” Joohyuk said with an easy smile as he took hold of Chaewon’s hand.

 

 

Kai tilted his head as he looked at the newcomer, he glanced at Sehun before speaking.

“Joohyuk-ah, this is Kai. He’s a cousin of my sister-in-law. Kai, this is Joohyuk.” Chaewon’s introduction was simple and the just made Kim Jongin more curious.

“I see you’ve met my friend first.” Kai said as he shook Joohyuk’s offered hand.

“Yes, nice to meet you.”

“When did you get back, Chae?”

“Just last week. I thought you were out of town.” Chaewon spoke, her eyes not travelling to Sehun.

Sehun was about to step back when Jaehwan tugged on his sleeve and stretched his arms to him, wanting to be carried. Chaewon caught the action, and she puffed her cheeks.

“Hmm, how about lunch?” Joohyuk suggested, the girl beside him was about to elbow him on the ribs but he deflected it.

“Sounds good.” Kai’s reply was quick.

“Uncle Sehun and I want ribs!” Jaehwan cheered, Chaewon glared at Joohyuk.

“Sehun-ssi, you should join us too. Don’t be a stranger.” Joohyuk spoke to the other male, Kai was starting to like the newcomer.

“It’s fine, I have to~”

“Come on, Samsung. Don’t be a stranger.” Kai nudged him, Jaehwan chuckled and nodded back at him.

Sehun exhaled before nodding back.

“Sure. Well..let’s all eat together.” He murmured before handing Hwan to his uncle.

 

 

“So, how was your weekend with the Greek god?”

Hyejin looked up from her drink and smiled at her pal, Chaeryeong.

“It was fun. I mean, he seems a little distracted, but it was a party after all.” Hyejin replied, the other girl laughed and nodded.

“I saw him once at a convention in Busan. Damn, he is a literal god walking among us.”

Hyejin chuckled and shook her head.

“Is he nice? Some say he can be a little cold.”

“He’s perfectly polite. Very understanding also, and, he’s very busy too. He’s spent quite a lot of time on his phone during the trip.”

“Come on, give him a break. He runs Samsung, and he will run by himself since he’s an only son, right?” Chaeryeong wiggled her brows at her friend.

“And, if things work well, you will become the Samsung samonim.”

“Hey, cut it out.” Hyejin warned her.

“Right, did you hear? Ji Chaewon’s back in town. And from what I heard, it’s for good.” Hyejin started, Chaeryeong rolled her eyes.

“The brat’s back? I mean, wasn’t she happy enough in LA. She’s been talk of the town ever since she left.”

“She’s always been quite popular, huh?” Hyejin said as she picked up her sandwich.

“She’s only well-loved because of her family’s money. And, don’t you think it was really cocky of her to take over their US branches?”

“Hmm, Chaewon’s always been a little different. But she’s doing well.”

“Sure, look at her now, she’s back in Seoul, probably because she got sick of her American boys there.” Chaeryeong snickered, Hyejin shook her head at the girl.

 

 

Chaewon leaned back on her seat and let the guys check the menu, Joohyuk was chatting with Kai while Sehun remained silent.

She mentally sighed.

“Chaewon? Ribs?” Joohyuk nudged her, Sehun’s eyes went to the girl. His brows went up, Jaehwan was playing with his new toy car beside him.

“What else do they serve?”

“They serve it by rack, ordering one for each might be too much. What flavor do you want?”

Sehun looked at her again, Chaewon would never eat ribs in public. It required too much work and she hated the feel of grease on her lips after eating.

“Anything else? Not ribs.”

Sehun leaned back on his seat, his eyes went to the menu.

“Jaehwan, do you want chicken? They have roasted chicken.” Sehun spoke to the child in hushed tones.

“I want to roasted chicken too, uncle.” Jaehwan recited, Chaewon looked at him and smiled.

“I’ll have that.” She smiled at the toddler, Sehun glanced at the windows.

Instead of corn, serve it with rice. No gravy.

“Mashed potatoes, or?” Joohyuk turned to her.

“No, no corn, no potatoes. I want rice. Tell them no gravy.” She replied, Kai snorted.

“Soda?”

Pineapple juice.

“Pineapple juice, no sugar.” Chaewon said, Joohyuk looked at her, amused.

“You’ve always been a picky eater.”

“And you’ve always had this penchant for unplanned lunches. But, do you hear me complaining?”

Sehun’s lips quirked up.

“Chaewon you used to be so nice.” Kai chuckled, Jaehwan reached out for the fries and Sehun pushed it towards him.

“What~”

“Right, Sehun-ssi, you’re Samsung’s vice president, right?” Joohyuk turned to Sehun, Chaewon’s forehead creased.

“Yes,”

“You three seem to roam around the same circles, how come you and my Chaewon aren’t acquainted? I’m confused, you two probably went to the same school.” Joohyuk asked him, the table got quiet quickly.

“Why do you think?” Kai chimed in, Sehun wanted to shove him down on his seat.

“B—But, auntie knows uncle Sehun,” Hwan suddenly spoke, Sehun’s eyes widened and he looked at Joohyuk.

“Really, Hwan?” Joohyuk smiled and reached over to pinch his cheek.

“I saw a photo of them back home. Uncle Kai was also with them.” Hwan said with his usual bright smile.

“R—Really, now? Well, Chaewon?” Joohyuk turned to the girl, she sighed, they watched as the girl took out her wallet, she stood up and walked around to Jaehwan’s table.

Sehun watched as the girl inserted her credit card into the pocket of the child’s jacket.

“Chae~”

“You boys have fun, one of these so called adults will drive you home, Hwan. Enjoy.” Chaewon kissed the top of her head before leaving the restaurant. Sehun sighed and kicked Jongin’s foot. Joohyuk smiled to himself before calling the waiter.

Oh, come on, Chaewon. He still affects you.

He’s probably the only person who can rattle you.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++