023

Him&I

 

Chaewon looked up as she heard the doors open, her secretary came rushing in after a smiling Joohyuk.

“Ma’am, I’m so sorry, but he claimed~”

“It’s fine. You may go.” She stated, he chuckled and blew the girl a kiss before sitting down.

“What is it?”

“You left early today, I was hoping we could get breakfast together.” Joohyuk replied, he looked at his friend, Chaewon had her hair up in a high ponytail and his eyes went to the scar just above her nape. He curled his fists and chewed on the insides of his cheek.

“How about lunch? I have a meeting in a few.”

“What kind of meeting?” He pressed on, wanting to chat.

Chaewon looked up from her laptop and shut it close, she puffed her cheeks.

“I’m working with Oh Sehun. Don’t add to my problems.”

Joohyuk chuckled and shook his head.

“I heard, I saw the news.”

“I just…I don’t think..it’s a good idea that I’m doing this. But, I can’t exactly run away from it.” Chaewon muttered under her breath, Joohyuk nodded back.

“I agree. But, look on the bright side, J.Won. Maybe…it’s time for you two be friends again.”

“Bite me.” She replied as she leaned back on her seat.

“Look, nothing will happen if you keep on hating the guy. He looks like he’s moved on. And I’m pretty sure he’s already tried to apologize to you. Well, he would have wanted to talk to you, but you’re not up for that.”

Chaewon paused, she looked at the male.

“We already spoke.”

Joohyuk’s brows rose up and he nodded.

“How was it?”

Chaewon didn’t reply, she crossed her arms and looked on.

“Chaewon, all I’m saying is that, it’s not healthy to be this angry at someone. I’m not saying that you should forgive him, but, do it for you. For your own good. I’d rather see you relaxed and smiling than~”

The doors opened again and a painstakingly familiar tall male walked in. Joohyuk wanted to clap his hands in excitement.

“Vice president, vice chairman Oh has arrived. I’ve already asked for the meeting hall to be prepared. And, the people from the architectural firm are already on their way” Her secretary spoke.

“Okay. Inform me once they're already here.” Chaewon cleared before standing up, she walked towards the male with an extended hand.

“Sehun-ssi.” Joohyuk chirped from his seat, Chaewon narrowed her eyes at him.

“I didn’t know you were preoccupied; I was told to come here.” Sehun said apologetically.

“It’s fine, he was just leaving.” She said pointedly, and turned to her friend.

“Ouch. How did you survive her, mister Oh?” Joohyuk said as he stood up, Sehun balked at him.

“U—Uhm, Joohyuk-ssi, we~”

“It’s fine. Being friends with your ex is a healthy thing. I support that.” Joohyuk chuckled as he walked towards Chaewon.

“Just get out.” Chaewon hissed at him, Joohyuk chuckled and he leaned down to plant a kiss on her cheek, Sehun looked away.

“Of course, princess.” He said with a wink before leaving the room, Chaewon mentally sighed before turning to Sehun.

“We can schedule meetings at Samsung next time.” He offered as Chaewon asked him to sit, she nodded at him.

“Sure.” She replied as he went back to her seat.

“I still make you uncomfortable, you don’t have to hide it.” Sehun spoke to her, she looked up.

“I'm not.” Chaewon said to him, Sehun almost smiled.

She bit back her lip, and then he stood up.

“I’ll wait outside, vice president Ji.” He said kindly before leaving the room, Chaewon let out a sigh as soon as the doors closed.

 

 

“Sir,”

Changwook looked up from his table, his secretary placed his iPad beside him.

“What is it?” He asked as he picked up the device and looked at the screen, the eldest Ji paused and he looked at the other male.

“When were these taken?”

“Early this morning, sir. I’ve already checked, he did arrive the country together with his fiancé.”

Changwook sighed and put the device down, his father had arrived in Seoul. He pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Where are they residing now?”

“Mister Ji owns a condo unit in Apgujeong. I’m already working on that.”

“I don’t need you to do anything, just make sure he doesn’t try to…interfere again. Does Chaewon know?” He asked the male.

“I’m not certain, sir. The vice president is quite busy today.”

“Why?” Changwook’s brows rose, he hadn’t seen his sister last night.

“She has a meeting with Samsung and the architectural firm that will be working with us.”

The older brother paused, his lips quirked up slightly.

“Really?”

“Yes, sir?” His secretary was puzzled at his reaction.

“Nothing, lend Chaewon a helping hand if you can. This project might be a little…wobbly for her.”

“Wobbly?”

Changwook grinned before dismissing the male. He was about to get back to work when his phone started to ring.

“Hyebin-ah?” He answered quickly.

“Hi, are you busy? Can you come home for a bit?”

“Why? Did something happen?” Changwook stood up and grabbed his jacket.

“No, no. I need to tell you something. About Chaewon. And your father.”

 

 

Chaewon listened in as the presenters from the DK Architects showcased their plan, a blueprint had already been made and so was a 3D model.

She crossed her legs and looked at the screen, she exhaled and shook her head to herself. She still regrets agreeing to a random draw with her older brother.

“Wait, stop,”

She looked up, Sehun had spoken. The room’s lights were brightened again, Chaewon shifted her eyes to him.

“I get that whole ecofriendly concept you are explaining to us,”

“Yes, vice chairman.” The young lady replied.

“However I can’t help but notice, will this building, this whole infrastructure really last that long, just by using all these recycled materials? I want to think about things…realistically.” there was a certain harshness, or skepticism in his tone that made Chaewon smile to herself.

Old Sehun would never speak like that.

No, the old Sehun would never even be at a meeting.

Well, he probably wasn’t the Sehun she knew from before.

The people from DK Architects glanced at each other, not knowing how to reply the young executive.

“I’m not against the…being green concept, but if we plan to build a building, I would prefer that it would last and wont give me any trouble in the near future.” Sehun stated, he leaned back on his seat, his fingers softly drumming on the table.

He’s changed so much.

Chaewon’s eyes went to his face, he was reaching up to slightly loose his tie, from the way his eyebrows were creased together, she could tell he was getting impatient. She studied the features on his face briefly, and she looked away.

She puffed her cheeks and peeled her eyes off him.

“Surely, you have another plan to show us.” Chaewon decided to divert the attention.

She heard Sehun exhale in annoyance and the lights were dimmed again.

 

 

“What’s this? An after work drink?”

Changwook looked up from his glass just as his sister took the stool beside him. She asked for a diet cola before facing him. Changwook chewed on his lip before patting her hand.

“How’s everything so far? How’s Seoul treating you?”

She chuckled and shook her head.

“I’m okay, oppa. Tokyo and Seoul aren’t as different as you think. I mean, the weather and everything.” She shrugged as her non-alcoholic beverage arrived.

“How’s working with Samsung?” Changwook spoke, his fingers curled around his glass tightly.

She shakes her head and sends him a dry look.

“I’m trying to not let it get to me, but it’s fine, oppa. Don’t worry about it.”  She assured him as she took a long sip from her soda.

He gave her a small grin.

“Don’t.” She warned him, Changwook tilted his head at her. Chaewon puffed her cheeks and leaned back on his seat.

Their father had messed up big time. He should pay for what he’s done.

Chaewon needed to know. But, how?

How will he tell her? How will he lay out the truth to her? In this situation, Chaewon was the one who got hurt. She was lied to.

Sehun was taken away from her.

He didn’t leave.

Changwook exhaled and turned to her.

“I won’t.”

“But, I know working with Sehun won’t be difficult for you. You know him.” He finished as he picked up his drink.

“It’s work, oppa. Don’t get any ideas.” She said to him, Changwook snorted and went back to his whiskey.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++