027

Him&I

 

Chaewon leaned back on her seat as Sehun stepped on the gas, she glanced at him briefly, questioning as to why she suggested to this.

Having him drive her back to Seoul was a little too much.

It reminded her of way too many things she didn’t want to think about.

She pursed her lips and closed her eyes, she felt Sehun’s gaze on her and she sighed.

“I’m just waiting for you to talk.”

“I didn’t want to annoy you.”

She snorted, Sehun smiled back and dropped his other hand to his lap, Chaewon’s brows went up, he was used to driving with one hand.

“Go. Talk my ears off.”

“My parents, especially, eomma has been trying to..you know.”

Chaewon nodded back, she fiddled with her seatbelt as he continued.

“She arranged for me to meet Hyejin, and actually, I didn’t know she was being serious about it. But, we got along.”

“I can see that.” Chaewon mused back, Sehun gave her the side eyes, she grinned.

“I mean, Oh Sehun, you’re not exactly the type to pick up calls when you know you don’t have to. But you answer hers.” Then she paused, Sehun glanced at her again.

“Or, you just don’t want your mother to kill you. Either.” She trailed off.

“I don’t know, it’s just..I’m not used to do this type of thing.” He said as he switched lanes, Chaewon pursed her lips.

“But, you do know that if you don’t want to go through all that, you don’t have to, right?”

Sehun nodded back and leaned his head back.

“I still can’t believe you said yes to sushi. I’ll have fun watching as you try to eat later.” He said teasingly, Chaewon rolled her eyes at him.

“But, thanks for this Chaewon. It’s good talking to you again, I mean, talking like this.”

She paused and looked at him, she smiled and nodded back.

“Yeah, that’s what mature adults do. I think.”

Sehun chuckled.

 

 

Changwook stared at the screen, it was showing a live video of their father standing at the lobby of the company.

“He wants to see you, sir. We already told him that you’re currently out.” His secretary spoke, the eldest Ji was at home, tending to his wife. Hyebin was feeling a little under the weather and fortunately Kai offered to take Hwan out for the day.

“Does…Chaewon know? Is she in?”

“No, sir. Last time I checked, the vice president headed off to lunch with vice chairman Oh.”

“Right, it’s probably a company thing. Samsung invited her to lunch?” Changwook loosened his tie and stood up.

“No, sir. I was told that the Samsung executive offered to drive her back to Seoul and that they’d be getting lunch together.”

Changwook’s brows rose up and a smile almost cracked on his face.

“Well, please try to..have security him out. Don’t cause a scene, and if possible, before Chaewon arrives, my father must be gone by then.”

“Yes, sir.” The male bowed before leaving the study, Changwook puffed his cheeks and tossed his tie aside.

“What was that?”

He turned and found his wife walking towards him, his forehead creased as he rushed to her.

“You shouldn’t be walking around. How are you feeling?” He asked as he led her to the couch, Hyebin shrugged.

“I’m fine, I heard you talking, what was that? Your father?”

“I heard he was back in town, I just wasn’t expecting he’d…want to talk.” Changwook said, annoyed.

“What does he want?” Hyebin grew concerned.

“I don’t know, and honestly, I don’t want to know.” Changwook murmured as he placed his palm over her belly.

“I just don’t want Chaewon to see him.”

“He will try to meet with her, you know that.”

“She’s still mad at him, I doubt she’ll even…But things are going really well between them, you know. And abeoji suddenly swooping in, I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“What are you talking about?” Hyebin was confused, Changwook smiled.

“Chaewon and Sehun are talking again. Comfortably.”

“That’s…great.” Hyebin chuckled and patted his hand.

“I really hope those two patch things up, you know. I mean, they don’t have to get back together, but they were good friends once, and I hate seeing my sister and him being uncomfortable. Sehun…was good for her. I hate how things happened.”

The lady smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

“Don’t worry, Chaewon knows better now. Trust her.”

 

 

“So, they were like a campus couple of some sort?” Joohyuk asked as Hwan ran towards the toy display.

“Yeah, it took a while before Sehun won her over. You see, old Sehun didn’t really get his together like the present Sehun.”

“Oh, J.Won fell for the bad boy.” Joohyuk smiled.

“Kind of, but she also helped him a lot. He and his father used to have this big fights over Sehun taking over, but being with Chaewon made him realize that it was important to help out with the family business.” Kai explained, Hwan was already picking out toy cars.

“And well, Sehun taught her how to live a little. Chaewon was a little too…studious back then. She didn’t like going out.”

“I noticed that.” Joohyuk said.

“She is also picky as hell.” Kai joked as he grabbed a cart for Hwan and called for the toddler. He squealed happily and dunked all the toys in, while the other parents eyed him warily.

“That I am well aware of. You have no idea how many restaurants we had to leave because she didn’t like the menu.”

“Exactly, but Sehun knows how to maneuver around her pickiness so well. It was crazy.”

“Someone can actually understand her tastebuds?” Joohyuk was amused.

“Sometimes we order out, and you’d see them working around each other’s food. Chaewon would nibble a bit, and Sehun takes the food the doesn’t like. And all is well.”

“All is well until mister Ji came in.” Joohyuk stated, Kai paused and he nodded.

“I’m not gonna deny. What those two had…it was..simply amazing, you know. They were perfect for each other.”

Joohyuk nodded and he checked his phone, Chaewon sent him text saying that she had to cancel on their lunch date.

“It’s unfair that this happened to them.” Joohyuk said, Kai grinned at him.

“That’s why you’re going to make Oh Sehun jealous.”

“Huh? You want me to~”

“I mean, you’re probably already on his nerves, with all that kissing you two are doing.”

“Well, it’s part of an~”

“I know, but do it more. It will really push him.” Kai said with a double thumbs up.

“You want me to piss off the only heir Samsung? Samsung, one of the biggest companies in the world?”

“Yes, you’re perfect for the role.” Kai said, Hwan suddenly hopped to them with a pleasing smile on his face.

“Role? Are you two talking about uncle Sehun and auntie again?” He asked them, Kai smiled and nodded at him.

“Hwan-ah, do you want uncle Sehun to be really your uncle?” Joohyuk asked as he lifted the child in his arms.

“Huh? Isn’t he my uncle now?”

“He is. But, don’t you think uncle Sehun and auntie Chaewon look good together?” Kai suggested again. Hwan’s smile widened.

“It’s not a bad idea, uncle. I can help you.”

 

 

“I already ordered for us.” Hyejin chirped as the hostess opened the door for them, they were at a reserved dining hall.

“Unnie, hello.” Chaewon greeted her with a small smile.

“So nice of you to join us, Chaewon. Come, sit.”

Sehun took the seat beside Hyejin, while Chaewon sat across the girl.

“You ordered this?” Sehun asked as he looked at the slices of premium sashimi before them, his eyes went to Chaewon worriedly.

“Yeah, I was craving for this. Dig in.”

Chaewon picked up her chopsticks and examined the meal before her.

“Do you want to order something else?” Sehun asked, Hyejin looked up.

“No need, egg roll.” She replied, Sehun nodded back and put one of her plate.

“That one too, but remove the wasabi.”

Sehun picked up one of the ebi rolls and picked out the wasabi, Hyejin blinked in her seat. The two were speaking too casually.

“Well, I see you two are comfortable with each other now. Good for business.” She chuckled. Chaewon paused, her eyes widened.

Sehun shrugged at her and put the wasabi-free ebi roll on her plate.

“W—Well, I’m used to…I guess, kind of? Thanks for helping me out, unnie.” She said quickly, Sehun took a small sip of his cola.

“It’s fine, no need to thank me. How’s Seoul for you so far? You haven’t been home for years.”

Chaewon looked at her plate, noticing the bits of raw fish sticking on the egg roll she had just bitten, Sehun followed her gaze.

“Well, a lot of things have changed. Oppa and unnie are expecting, so there’s that. And~”

Sehun dropped another egg roll on her plate and took the bitten one. He popped it in his mouth and continued eating.

Hyejin halted, her brows going up. Sehun looked at the girl beside him, then he felt Chaewon sending him looks from across the table.

“Uhm, wow, guys. What kind of team building~”

 “Well, Chaewon didn’t want to tell you, but she’s not really into raw fish.” Sehun spoke, Chaewon bit on the insides of her cheeks.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Chaewon. Let me~”

“But it’s fine. She can eat egg rolls and some kani salad. She likes that.” Sehun said coolly before going back to his plate, Hyejin just blinked again.

Chaewon mentally sighed and continued eating.

And he just made it worse. Great. Thanks.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++