031

Him&I

 

Chaewon scrunched her nose and glanced at Sehun as meeting started, the representative from KS Construction started to play the presentation for them.

Chaewon’s eyes went to the current vice president of the firm, Do Kyungsoo. She mentally sighed and checked her nailbeds.

What was I thinking?

Why must I be so whiney?

Why am I a brat?

“What do you think, vice president Ji?”

Chaewon looked up, she could feel everyone’s gazes on her, she turned to the KS Construction representative.

“About the design?” She said, Sehun paused, stunned and confused.

“Mister Song was explaining about our choice of using this new color scheme.” The Do heir spoke, his masculine voice echoing in the room.

Chaewon faced him, her brows rose.

“Or, would you rather have orange, blue and white? Like…laundry pods?” He said with an easy smile, Sehun almost choked while taking a sip of water. Chaewon exhaled and shook her head.

“No, this one is fine. I like how everything is simple and minimalistic.” She clasped her hands together, Sehun nudged her again.

“So, is this approved?” He asked her, waiting for an approval, she tilted her head at him.

“I was just waiting for your opinion, I reviewed this last night.” Sehun said quietly, Chaewon nodded back and her eyes went to Kyungsoo again.

“It is. Have a copy sent to my office, I’ll sign them by today.” She replied, Kyungsoo smiled.

“Thank you, vice president.”

“Good, well,” She stood up and the others followed.

“If you all excuse me, I have a~”

“We have a dinner reservation for tonight, we’re hoping you can join us, vice president Ji.” Kyungsoo suddenly spoke, Chaewo looked at him, her eyes narrowed briefly.

“Dinner? Sounds great.” Sehun said warmly.

The other staff tarted to pile out of the room, letting the three executives talk in private.

“Uhm, I~”

“I’ll drive to pick you up.” Sehun said, Chaewon halted.

“But, I~”

“Great, it was nice seeing you again, vice president Ji. I certainly had a great time at your party.” Kyungsoo said before leaving the room. Chaewon exhaled and looked at the tall male before her.

“What? Aren’t you hungry? Lunch is on me.” He grinned at her, Chaewon grumbled before walking out of the room.

 

 

 

Hyejin puffed her cheeks as she walked in the empty office, Sehun’s secretary had politely showed her in a few minutes ago. She wanted to invite the Samsung executive for lunch and Hyejin was hoping if they could discuss what was going on between them.

Their parents had arranged for them to meet with the hopes of the two of getting married of some sort. And Hyejin had no issues with it, she was fine with Oh Sehun.

In fact, she probably liked him already.

Which was why Hyejin decided to drop by his office unannounced.

“Miss Ko,”

She looked up, Sehun’s secretary walked in with a cup of warm coffee.

“I was just informed that the vice chairman will be running a little late today.” He said politely as he put the cup before her, Hyejin nodded back.

“He must be busy.”

“Yes, he is.” He bowed before leaving the room, Hyejin stood up from her seat and walked around the room.

“He’s always busy nowadays.” She said to herself, and then she reached his desk. She sighed and took out her phone, Hyejin was about to leave when she noticed something stuck on his laptop. She chewed on her lower lip before pulling the piece of paper out, only she was wrong.

It wasn’t a piece of paper.

It was a photo.

A photo of Sehun and Chaewon, with the girl sitting on his lap as they faced the camera. And then she noticed another photo, her fingers curled around it in annoyance.

It was an image of Sehun kissing Chaewon’s cheek as she tried to squirm away from him.

Hyejin gasped and she almost dropped her phone.

“T—They know each other?” She murmured under her breath.

Hyejin’s forehead creased as she tried to piece things together, she put the photo down.

“They’ve been lying to me.” She stated flatly before leaving the office.

 

 

“You don’t have to worry now, I unpacked things. And…arranged the things that shouldn’t be in Hwan’s reach.” Chaewon said as the waiter left them, Sehun laughed.

“That was pretty awkward.”

“It was more than that.” She muttered darkly, Sehun shook his head.

“Well, I haven’t had a proper meal with you in a while, how’s it going for you, J.Won?” He asked jokingly.

“Do not call me that. And, I’m fine.” Chaewon replied, her eyes scanned the restaurant’s area. Somehow knowing that her father was in town bothered her, she knew how much the elder was so against Sehun. And she had no doubt that he would still lose it when he saw them now.

“Sure.” Sehun said dryly, he gestured for the waiter to serve the wine.

“I mean it.”

“Chaewon-ah, you can’t really lie to me. Despite, the whole cold act you put on, I kinda see through you.”

The waiter arrived with the bottle, he was about to pour him a glass first, but he shook his head.

“Just her.” Sehun spoke, Chaewon paused, her brows rising up briefly, but she didn’t say anything.

“Ya, it’s not like you’re not keeping secrets too.” She pointed out, Sehun gave her a slight smile.

“So, how are things with Hyejin unnie? You two get along so well.”

“Chaewon, you know Hyejin and I don’t get along that well.” Sehun pointed out, she scrunched her nose at him.

“I thought it wasn’t that obvious.” She nodded to herself, Sehun chuckled.

“But fine, not pushing you to that, because Oh Sehun doesn’t like it.” She hummed back. Sehun looked up as the waiter returned with their food.

“I just..dont feel like it’s right, you know. Eomma’s been persistent about it, and I don’t like…I don’t like…” Sehun trailed off, Chaewon smiled.

“You don’t like being pressured. I know you.”

“Exactly.” He said to her, Chaewon turned to the waiter.

“Is that the gravy for the chicken?” She asked, the waiter nodded, he was about to put it on the table when it slid off the tray.

Sehun flinched as the bowl splashed by his left leg, spraying gravy all over his pants.

“S—Sir, I’m so sorry!” The waiter panicked, Sehun shook his head at him, he grabbed a napkin and pulled up his pant leg. He started to wipe the gravy off his shoe, Chaewon puffed her cheeks before telling the waiter it was fine and asked for some more napkins.

“Sehun-ah, do you~” She paused when she noticed something odd. Her eyes focused on the scar on his leg.

“Ya, w—here did you get that?” She blurted out, Sehun looked up and he followed her gaze. Sehun froze for a brief moment and he looked up.

“A motorcycle accident about two years ago.” He said as he straightened up, Chaewon blinked and nodded.

“They said they’ll serve the chicken again.” Chaewon told him, Sehun nodded back at the girl. Chaewon’s forehead creased before diverting her gaze elsewhere.

You are keeping things from me. Fair enough.

“Are you busy this afternoon?” Sehun suddenly asked, she shook her head at him.

“Not really, why?”

“Good, I need to get a new suit.” He nodded back before taking a sip of his juice.

“I didn say yes, Oh Sehun.” She pointed out.

“But, you will.” Sehun smirked at her, Chaewon rolled her eyes at him.

“I mean, you rarely say no to me.” Sehun said in a cheeky manner.

“How about I ask the waiter to serve more gravy so I can dump it all over you? Sounds great?” She shot back, Sehun chuckled, he took her plate and proceeded to slice her steak for her. But Chaewon smiled to herself as she watched him move.

What are you hiding, Oh Sehun? You seem hurt.

Are you hurting?

 

 

“Since university days?” Hyejin asked, she was driving back to her office.

“Yes, since you asked me to check in it, it is true they met during college. Vice president Lee was a transferee during her sophomore year. She met vice chairman Oh and they got closer because he’s good friends with her cousin-in-law, director Kim Jongin.”

Hyejin’s forehead creased.

“But things are a little strange, after that huge accident involving the vice president, the two reportedly have broken up.”

“I cannot believe Chaewon would do this to me. So, all this time, must have had a good time laughing at me.”

“But, young miss~”

Hyejin ended the call, and she dialed fo Sehun’s office, his secretary answered. It was starting to annoy her that Sehun wasn’t taking any of her calls, he didn’t even reply to any of her messages. It wasn’t like him.

“Yes, miss Ko?”

“I finally got a hold of your boss,” She said in a friendly tone.

“He told me to meet up, but I didn’t really hear his voice on the phone. Where is he again?”

“Really? He was having lunch with vice presidet Ji just now. I’ll send you the address.”

“Vice president Ji? You mean, Chaewon?” She asked, her grip on the steering wheel tightened.

“Yes, ma’am.”

The girl thanked the male before ending the call, she checked the time before stepping on the gas.

“I’ll get you back for this, Ji Chaewon.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++