016

Him&I

 

“Hi, J.Won.”

Chaewon’s eyes widened fractionally, she was surprised not by the sudden PDA, but by his presence.

“And, who is this stranger?” She heard Hyejin speak, Chaewon faced her and smiled.

“Excuse us, unnie.” She said, the male smirked at her as Chaewon pulled him away from the party.

“What are you~”

“How could you not tell me you were leaving? It was so embarrassing going to the conference alone.” He complained before she could yell at him, Chaewon paused and she sighed.

“You forgot. How nice. I’m very touched.”

“I..I had to rush home.”

“Obviously, I called your office. I was told you went home.” He crossed his arms, Chaewon exhaled and looked at him. He paused, alarmed.

“Is something wrong? Did something happen?”

“No, no, I just…my brother needed some help back here. That’s why…”

“That’s why you’re here despite promising never to come back.” He finished for her.

“Yes. And things aren’t exactly going very well.”

“Your poor baby,” He sighed as he opened his arms to her, Chaewon glared at him but she begrudgingly hugged the tall male.

“Don’t worry, I can stay as long as I like.” He offered.

“I was afraid you’d say that.” She muttered, he grinned and kissed the top of her head.

“Besides, I haven’t been in home in years.”

“You were here last month.” She pointed out, he rolled his eyes.

“Just go with the flow, I did the same for you.”

 

 

Sehun peeled his eyes away from the two as soon Chaewon went into the male’s arms.

“Who could that be?” Hyejin chuckled as she sat down, she glanced at Sehun.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I..forgot something in my room. I’ll be back shortly.” Sehun patted her shoulder before rushing out of the party. He let out a shaky breath as soon as he went back in the hotel, he loosened his tie and walked towards the elevator.

He leaned back against the cushioned railings, the doors were about to close when they halted.

“For tomorrow, the chairman will be visiting the other site, he asks if~”

Chaewon was standing before him, a JBG staff was speaking with her. Sehun tensed, his fingers curled around the railings.

“Vice chairman?”

“I already got it. You can go.” Chaewon spoke without meeting his gaze, the male bowed politely and scurried away.

She was about to step in when the male from earlier hopped in ahead of her, Sehun moved to make some room.

“Did you drive up here?” He asked as Chaewon followed him in, Sehun looked away. A familiar scent lingered around them and he felt his stomach drop.

It was a mix of peony and rose, the scent that reminded of him of one girl. Chaewon’s favorite perfume, Elie Saab’s Rose Couture.

“No, we took the jet. You?” Chaewon faced the male as he took her hand in his.

“I just got back from LA this morning, I used the chopper to get here. Can I crash in your room?”

“What~”

“It’s not like I haven’t done it before.” He chuckled, Sehun’s brows rose and he looked away.

Chaewon shook her head at him, the elevator doors opened and the Samsung executive cleared his throat.

“Excuse me,” He spoke, Chaewon turned her head, their eyes met briefly as Sehun went past her. Sehun glanced back as the elevators doors were closing again, he watched as Chaewon laughed along with the male beside her.

He buried his hands in his pockets as he headed towards his suite.

 

 

Changwook eyed his secretary warily.

“Who was that?” He asked the male.

“I think he’s the one who’s always photographed with the vice chairman.”

“Her friend?”

“Did they look like just friends, sir?”

Changwook scrunched his nose and set his drink aside.

“What do you know about him?”

“He’s the only son of Nam Holdings. He’s the same age as the vice chairman, he studied in Beijing and finished schooling in California.”

“Huh, that’s probably how they met.” He said to himself, Changwook leaned back on his seat and looked around the crowd. Hyejin was talking to some friends, sans Sehun.

Sehun was nowhere to be found.

“Well, that~”

Chaewon walked back in the party, the man from earlier wasn’t with her.

“Chaewon-ah,”

Her eyes went to him, the girl calmly walked towards her brother and took the seat beside his.

“Chaewon, I—I didn’t know he was~”

“It’s fine, oppa.” She shrugged. Changwook was taken aback by her reply.

“How are you not…even shocked to see him, Chae?”

“If there’s one thing I learned living in the US, it’s to always check the guest list before going in the event.” She said, her tone cool and business-like.

“You knew he was going to be here?”

“Yes.”

“And, you’re…okay with that?”

“We do business with Ohs, oppa. It’s just work. Now, let me get something to eat.” Chaewon said before standing up, Changwook watched as his sister approached the buffet table.

The old Chaewon didn’t sound like that, heck, she didn’t think like that.

 

 

Sehun set the glass down back on the table and leaned back on the chair.

He wanted to laugh. Everything was just so wrong.

Attending a Ji party. Bumping into Chaewon.

Chaewon pretending not to know him.

And watching another guy kiss the love of his life.

Life was great for Oh Sehun.

He grabbed the bottle and poured himself another drink again. He should have declined Hyejin’s invitation. He thought he had stop seeing her that way, he thought that Chaewon would become just a memory. Nothing but a memory.

But seeing her again, it made him nervous, panicky and, a big mess.

His phone started to ring, he glanced at the screen. It was Kai.

He shook his head and pushed the device away, it landed on the floor with a loud thud.

I guess avoiding you was the easy part. No, probably the only part I am capable of.

Sehun finished the glass in one go and grimaced.

Forgetting you? Moving on?

He grabbed the bottle and took a long sip before throwing it across the room.

Who was I kidding?

Fresh tears rolled down on Sehun’s cheeks as he stood up, he yanked the veranda doors open and he looked at the beach before him.

He let out a shaky breath as he wiped his tears using the back of his palm.

Who was I kidding, thinking I could live without her?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++