Lesson

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“FORGET THE MISTAKE, REMEMBER THE LESSON”

***

Yena squirmed in her mattress as she can hear fainted voice calling up her name a few times. She squinted her eyes and see Chaewon rolled beside her and offered a morning smile. They snuggled together for a while before Minjoo and Yuri stirred in their sleep and eventually wake up.

 

“Morning, ducky.”

 

Yuri greeted Yena and flashed her sleepy smile at the older girl who is rocking an animal themed pajama. Yene smile like a fool whenever she see Yuri smiles. They started their morning sweetly and almost forgetting about their surrounding if Yujin didn’t fake cough out of sudden.

 

“Ahem! Good morning you two. Must be nice being in your own world.”

 

She stated her remarks and smirked. However, her expression turned to blush when Chaewon pointed out dangling Wonyoung in Yujin arms. Yujin sticked out her tongue and gracefully waking up sleepy Wonyoung.

 

“Wakey wakey Wonyoung. Do you have a nice dream?”

 

She asked sweetly which almost made the other four puked for the cringe overload. Sakura playfully tapped onto Eunbi nose, trying to wake her up. She hold a can of soda which she forcefully asked Chaeyeon to buy it earlier and give it to half-awake Eunbi.

 

“Thanks, Kkura. I love you.”

 

Eunbi showed her gratitude while sipping the drink. She shivered as the gas coming through her nose and feels gassy. Sakura froze on her place as Eunbi said those sacred words.

Sakura reaction internally:

She ceased to function until Eunbi put the can at her face, trying to bring her back to reality.

 

“Whoa, what are you doing?”

 

Sakura jolted as cold sensation registered at her brain, originated from her cheek. Eunbi chuckled merrily as she is mesmerized seeing Sakura flustered reaction.

 

While their friends just waking up, Chaeyeon and Hyewon already stored their mattress and have a morning bath by cleaning themselves with a towel provided by Mama Ann. They need to wait for an hour before everyone finally ready at the table downstairs for their breakfast.

 

“Everything seems unreal as we are having such peaceful morning.”

 

Chaewon commented while having a slice of bread topped with some omelet with sauces. She munched slowly, trying to savour the taste through and swallowed it. She smacked her lips for the excellent appetizer and moved her hand to get another serving of her food.

 

“Yeah. I think we all are somehow getting closer? Even Yujin and Nako can sit beside each other without bickering.”

 

Eunbi replied while pointing out the two who is eating their breakfast without fighting. Wonyoung and Hitomi seems cheerful for their friend development and finally are able to have peaceful breakfast.

 

HAMSTER! WHY DID YOU TAKE MY BREAD?

 

FIRST COME FIRST SERVE! YOU ARE TOO SLOW!

 

Tch, why are you acting like this? We aren’t in the middle of war or something like that.

 

Eating is war, Kkura. Nothing beats good food.

 

Not an excuse for you to hog a serving of breakfast on your own!

 

While the others are having their peaceful breakfast, Sakura and Hyewon are having their daily battle at the table. To avoid getting scolded by Eunbi, they exploit their skill of communicating telepathically and having their own battle.

 

While they are bickering internally, Yena and Yuri are having their sweet time by feeding each other. Chaeyeon and Minjoo giggled seeing their friends being extra cheery as they managed to avoid their death flag yesterday.

 

As usual, they thanked Mama Ann for providing excellent feast and discussing about mission that they will take for the rest of the day. They decided to divide themselves according to their room and complete any request as long as it rotates around West Forest.

 

“We don’t know what kind of event that will unfold and answered our wish. I advice all of you to be extra cautious and never dive into dangerous situation before consulting everyone, okay?”

 

Eunbi is making sure her beloved babies remember her words and engraved it inside their brain. Even so, she is still worried sick to let them roam free around the village as she cannot predict every action they will take.

 

Fortunately, she have another 3 reliable comrade to monitor those mischievous babies although some of them also often bickering more than the rest. She is actually curious seeing the calm and quiet Hyewon turned out to be quite random with her quirkiness when Sakura is around. It is as if they shared some connection to act as freely as that with each other even though in fact they just met each other for about two days.

 

Well, time means nothing when we find the right people to complement ourselves.

 

Eunbi shrugged and walking away with Chaeyeon while Sakura and Hyewon letting their mouth wide open.

 

They view us as a pair of close friend? What absurdity is that?

 

Sakura grumbled and making her way to snatch Eunbi from Chaeyeon. She squeezed herself in between both of them while smiling innocently at Eunbi and pierced a gaze at Chaeyeon.

 

Well… We are quite close to be honest. Not to the level of Yena and Yuri though. We have different vibes of closeness.

 

Hyewon pouring out her thought and taking a spot beside Chaeyeon and walked away too. The other children followed them at the back, still giggling as if nothing can ruin their mood at the moment.

 

Tch, being cheesy with you is the last thing I will do, hamster.

 

Oh miss tsundere, you never know what kind of future we will face. Never be too confident you won’t be clingy with me instead of Eunbi. Maybe you will even be a buddy-buddy with Chaeyeon.

 

Shut up!

 

Sakura sticked out her tongue at Hyewon and the latter just sighed in return. She is enjoying their walk towards the guild and swing open the door after a few minutes of walking. Chloe greeted them and they gathered at the board to choose their desired quest for the day.

 

“There are not much we can do, huh? I think we will end up doing the same quest like yesterday.”

 

Chaewon commented after scanning the whole board. Most of the quest rotating doing some basic job, given their low guild rank and level for the time being.

 

“Wouldn’t want to risk our life for something that is out of our capability for now.”

 

Said Yena while resting her chin onto Chaewon shoulder.

 

“How about this quest? It fits with you-know-who description.”

 

Minjoo said while pointing towards one of the quest.

 

“Shh, slow down! Someone might hear you!”

 

Yujin quickly covered Minjoo loud mouth while doing a gesture to make the older girl silent.

 

“Yujin, it’s okay. You are being over cautious now. Not that Minjoo voice is that loud to begin with.”

 

Wonyoung reprimand Yujin and removed the girl giant hand from the pitiful froggy who is gasping for air.

 

“This will be good. I think we can take two quest simultaneously to avoid coming here just to waste another time and choose another task again.”

 

Yuri voiced out her opinion which is seconded by Eunbi.

 

“Then, I think helping around the villager can build some good rapport for use. Plus, we can gather some intel while completing our quest.”

 

Nako shared with them her piece of thought. Sakura nodded, agreeing with the petite girl wiseness of thinking through for every action they shall take.

 

“Ah, we can also learn about topography of these area. The demi-human won’t hurt us if we approach them without any ill intention, right?”

 

Hitomi questioned them as she is getting curious to keep in touch with those poor children. Due to Nako information, they cannot verse well in human language and Hitomi thought that their blessings if being able communicate without any language barrier will ease her way to know more about the kids.

 

“So, what are we waiting for? Grab two quest per team and try your best to complete it, okay? Stay safe.”

 

Chaeyeon sweetly asked them to be wary and doing their best to complete whatever quest they choose. Hyewon gave them her advice in short but precise words and all of the younger kids nodded before leaving. They informed Chloe first about the quest they will undertake and get some brief information about their client. After understanding everything, they parted their ways and headed towards their destination.

 

“It’s left us with some fighting quest within the forest. Will you be alright, Eunbi?”

 

Sakura tapped at the quest paper which needed them to exterminate some wild boar and giant ants within the forest. As the quest is deemed quite dangerous, the rewards offered is quite high and Eunbi is tempted by it. However, she is thinking seriously before nodding her head.

 

“What’s make you doubting for a while? Do you think all of us cannot handle this?”

 

Chaeyeon questioned Eunbi which made the older dazed and slowly nodded her head.

 

“Oh, Eunbi. We are more than meets the eye. You can rely on us more. I can protect you.”

 

Sakura winked at Eunbi which made the older girl laughed joyously. Even Chaeyeon and Hyewon also needed to stifle their laugh while watching Sakura’s wink.

 

 

“HAHAHA! WHAT’S WITH YOUR WINK? YOU CAN’T WINK?”

 

Hyewon surprised all of them as she suddenly burst out her laugh merrily. Her voice usually is too slow for people to hear even they tried their best to focus but this time, she can do well to project her voice as clear as possible.

 

Eunbi and Chaeyeon followed Hyewon lead and they roared with laughter for a moment. Sakura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter