How Did Bangtan Meet Pt. 2

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

After an emotional yet memorable night of heartbreaking tears, Jimin and Tae took a decision to undergo the plan that they had orchestrated a few days earlier. Tae had a large circle of friends, so he had the creme of the creme to be involved in this mission. Tae brought Namjoon to meet the instafamous that Taehyung knew through his acting school, whom was the gorgeous Kim Seokjin. Seokjin, who was more familiar to be called Jin was older than Namjoon by two years. Jin was really handsome and born in silver spoon in his mouth, but he taught Namjoon that money and beauty weren’t the true happiness.

 

 

“That’s a big portion for two,” Namjoon awkwardly voiced out, shocked with the enormous size of the bowl of noodles that Jin treated Namjoon for their first meeting.

 

“It’s okay! I have a really big appetite,” Jin sneered shyly, and then handed Namjoon a pair of chopsticks.

 

“You look so happy when you eat a lot,” Namjoon stated.

 

Jin nodded vigorously with strings of noodles still hanging upon his plump lips.

 

“People always get scared to eat what they want. As long as its healthy, you have the rights to just swallow all the food you like like a monster. Why bother what others would say if you love doing something for your own happiness, innit?”

 

The next day, Tae and Jimin brought him to meet Hoseok and Jungkook, the dancing duo.

 

“Yo, Namjoon! We’re in the same age!” Hoseok who had his bucket hat on top his head ran towards the tall guy. Namjoon extended his hand out, but instead of shaking their hands, Hoseok leaned in for a hug. Jungkook chuckled to see how awkwardly cute Namjoon was as Hoseok unfurled the hug.

 

“This is Jungkook, and he is still in high school,” Hoseok introduced.

 

Jungkook grinned widely as he shook his hand with Namjoon, and Namjoon found out that both of them were pretty amicable.

 

They played around in Hoseok’s brand new dance studio that he bought with his money working as backup dancers and conducting dance lessons in a dance academy. Namjoon watched how talented the boys were, and how they felt so satisfied and full after dancing for few minutes straight. Namjoon saw it in their eyes, in their smiles. They weren’t forced, they were pure and contented.

 

Namjoon wanted to have the same feeling too. But he didn’t know how.

 

“Namjoon-ah! Come here,” Hoseok waved his hand towards Namjoon. Namjoon just smiled there nervously, but Jungkook managed to pull the older to stand on the floor with them. The maknae strode to the PA system and played a song.

 

“I-I at dancing!” Namjoon raised his voice a little, making sure the overjoyed Hoseok heard him.

 

“You don’t have to be a great dancer to dance! Just let go all of those thoughts and release your tension here,” Hoseok grinned widely.

 

“Yeah, hyung! Just move however you like. Go crazy!” Jungkook hopped around insanely as he started to shuffle intensely to the groove, making both Hoseok and Namjoon laughed hysterically. Hoseok initiated his move by twerking aggressively and flailed his arms in the air recklessly, making it’s hard for the trio to bring their laughters to a halt.

 

“Hit it, Namjoon!” Hoseok sticked his finger out towards Namjoon, giving a turn to the taller.

 

This time, Namjoon was really drifted away from his second thoughts as he was too immersed in the laughing mess, making him immediately flapped his arms in all direction vigorously, as his long slender legs tried his best to impress the other two. Hoseok and Jungkook were literally laughed their hearts out as tears started to pool on their eyes.

 

“Let it all out, hyung!” Jungkook screamed in between his chuckles.

 

They kept it that way for straight one hour, just randomly and comically dancing around and made people breathless as they could not stop laughing. Namjoon swore that that was the day he spent most of time pressing his stomach hard because of the pain he got from laughing hard, and he lost his count on how many times he smiled in a day.

 

A few weeks later, Jimin and Tae helped Namjoon searched for a new house, with a housemate. Yoongi was Tae’s acquaintance because they always bumped into each other in the bus every time they wanted to spend the holidays with their parents in Daegu. They exchanged phone numbers and called quite some times once in a while. When Tae just remembered that Yoongi had the same major as Namjoon, that would be a great starter for them to bond and tie up some chemistry.

 

Yoongi was a little passive, not as smiley or as cheerful as the others. He was that sleepy, stubborn and grumpy man that was always with his element. However, when Namjoon found out that those demeanour was his personality, but not because of he had done something awful that made him acted that way, they became closer little by little. Yoongi was actually a really warm person, a cold hyung that took care of his younger brothers behind their backs, without their acknowledges. Namjoon saw that side of him when Namjoon always dozed off in the middle of typing his thesis in his laptop in the middle of the night. When morning came, Namjoon always woke up with his laptop neatly placed on the table and himself enveloped in his blanket. That didn’t happen just once, but every time.

 

Ever since that event occurred, Namjoon braved himself to get closer to the guy. Had dinner with him, spent his weekend drinking with Jimin and Tae, asked him for help for his assignments and other stuff. Namjoon didn’t know that this kind of people existed, the type of person that smiled for them when they didn’t see, that took care of them without them realizing, and didn’t ask for anything back.

 

That was Yoongi.

 

Namjoon asked this same question to all of the friends he just got to know and also to Jimin and Tae. And how taken aback he was when all of those six people literally had the akin answers.

 

“Yoongi hyung… Can I ask you a question?” Namjoon asked while watching Yoongi nodded gently when the older had meat and salad filled in his mouth. Namjoon cleared his throat and just stared down on the shot glass that was fixated on the table.

 

“What makes you happy the most?”

 

Finishing his food his mouth, he took a few of chugs of water and then inhaled and exhaled deeply, before lifting his gaze to meet the taller’s. Blinking a few times, taking a few seconds to have some thoughts so he could answer the question properly.

 

“On my first thought, I was about to answer ‘friends’. The ones who had your back for every up and down, the ones who accept your flaws and weaknesses, the ones who make you feel better about yourselves and make you to see the brighter side of everything, the ones who will to spend his last bits of assets to save you at any cost, the ones that make you happy just by seeing their smiles. But, when I think about it further, I just realize that friends is not the right term,”

 

“Then, what is it?”

 

Yoongi’s lips widened tenderly, giving Namjoon an unusual and odd soothing effect. Maybe because that was the first time Namjoon saw him smile clearly and genuinely, that’s why. Or maybe the sparks of warmth and fondness in his eyes that Namjoon had never noticed that the sparks were there all the time. Maybe because of Yoongi was sitting right across him and he was not trying to hide his smile this time, maybe that’s why everything looked so clear and utter.

 

“It’s family,”

 

 

The silence is tensed, both of Jimin and you can feel it. You get all speechless throughout the whole storytelling session. You just realize how much hardships Namjoon had beared alone, how much pain he had to mask behind his smiles and laughs, and how far things had went to the extent Namjoon was giving thoughts on suicide. Sniffling a little as you wipe your silent tears away, you breathe in and out deeply before gulping down the emotions a little.

 

“Thanks,” you murmur short, eyes on the grass beneath your sneakers.

 

Jimin turns his head to you, trying to search for your eyes but you just stay looking down at the grass.

 

“If you weren’t there… I just… Couldn’t imagine…” you add, voice starts to get a little hoarse.

 

Like he just read across your mind, he brings up his palm onto your back and starts to pat gently, soothing you as you slowly cup your face with both of your palms. Jimin knows that you are crying even though you neither making any sound nor shivering through your shoulders. Jimin knows this pattern so much, this kind, this act. You are Namjoon’s sister for reason.

 

You are holding back too.

 

“I feel useless. I don’t deserve him,” you muffle through your palms, trying to catch your breath.

 

“y/n, if I’d be him, I would have hid this from you too. Namjoon mentioned about you and he didn’t want you to know any of this. You were in your first year of your high school, he didn’t want you to be worried of him. He wanted you to stay focused and undisturbed. It wasn’t your fault. Neither of these was your fault,”

 

Suddenly, something comes across your mind when you fully comprehend Jimin’s words. You slip your palms off your face and then slowly lock your gaze with Jimin, ignoring a few tears that successfully spill off your eyes. You furrow your eyebrows, confused.

 

“You said that Namjoon doesn’t want me to know all of this. What makes you spill the bean to me?”

 

Jimin gulps, of course Namjoon tells the guys to keep this thing only between them. However, Jimin does have his own reason why did he decide to take the other way around this time.

 

“Because you have the same beautiful smile, and I’m worried,”