I'm At Naming Chapters But Here We Go

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

When Namjoon told Jimin that he’d find a way, Jimin never thought that he’d really endeavour for any solutions.

 

And when Namjoon was already rose and shone when Jimin just got back from his morning jog, Jimin was very baffled to see how energetic the other looked.

 

Jimin regretted that he didn’t question why Namjoon asked him to get ready this early morning, because if he knew that the older’s gonna drive them to your school, Jimin would have passed the offer (or actually an order). The blonde didn’t know why Namjoon would think that going to your school without any discussion was a great plan. It was his fault too, considering that he just followed wherever Namjoon drove them without asking initially.

 

“Have a talk with her girlfriends, okay?” was all Namjoon said to him before tapping his shoulder softly and vanished from his sight. Jimin was about to throw any rebuttal but Namjoon was faster to flee from the scene.

 

And, here Jimin is, sitting opposite from the said girlfriends of yours after they brought Namjoon to see you. It is very awkward for all of them, since neither of them would imagine themselves sitting in the same table, discussing about the chaos that is happening. Jimin somehow feels a little intimidated even though he’s unsure why, but he feels like he’s about to face an interrogation session with the girls.

 

“I’m not sure if I want to scream to the top of my lungs because we’re meeting the idol to-be Jimin or the guy-who-hurt-my-girl Jimin. I’m utterly confused,” Rina breaks the ice, though not in a preferable way, as she crosses her arms over her chest. Jimin gulps, scared by how fumed she is that he can pinpoint the wrath in her voice.

 

“Calm down, Rina. We’re not going to make a scene,” Heeyoung voices out softly, contrasting to how menacing her gaze is when she locks her eyes with the guy’s. The horrifying aura that exudes from the girls could make Jimin pees his own pants but let’s try to give the girls a good impression.

 

“Actually, there are reasons why I want to see you instead of her,” Jimin musters up the last bits of his courage and finally dare to speak, trying to ignore how inferior he feels under the skeptical gazes of the girls. If he wants to fix this, he has to do this right.

 

“Do enlighten us,” Heeyoung her eyebrow, a little amused to hear that from him.

 

“Firstly, I-I want to fix this thing… And I think I need the closest people of hers for some helps and advices,” Jimin replies apprehensively, eyes been glued on the table instead of the girls. So when the girls give no response, he takes the cue to proceed with his words.

 

“And the second thing is… I don’t even know if she wants to see me anymore,”

 

Both of the girls would have lied if they say they do not melt to hear that from him. Heeyoung and Rina have known that Jimin is a good guy that would treat you well. Fights and conflicts are normal things that would happen in a relationship, and they won’t fully lose their trust on Jimin just because of one issue.

 

“Trust me, Jimin-ssi. She wants to see you as much as you want to see her,” Rina’s voice finally softens, making Jimin internally sighs in relief.

 

“She just needs time, you know? I won’t sugarcoat my words but what you’ve said to her was pretty harsh though. A fortnight won’t enough to heal those wounds,” Heeyoung says.

 

“I didn’t mean them, I swear…” Jimin mutters weakly, ugly frown on his lips, eyes turning a little glassy, which makes the girls smile apologetically.

 

“I know, Jimin-ssi. We sometimes do and say things we don’t mean. But, happened. And both of you have to find ways to sort things out,” Rina shrugs a little, lips pursing into a thin line.

 

“I think both of you just need a talk. Like, literally talk. Just say everything you want to say and don’t hide anything anymore. Communication is always the key for everything,” Heeyoung suggests.

 

“Did… Did she hide things from me?”

 

Heeyoung just sneers, a fond smile graces her lips, “It’s not our place to say about it,”

 

A groan suddenly is elicited from his lips, feeling slightly distressed with his brain that doesn’t appear to be helpful.

 

“To be honest, I really can’t find any suitable time or place for this to happen,” Jimin huffs in disappointment, threatening a coo to flee out of the girls’ mouths. Only now they get it when you always told them how cherubic the guy sometimes looks.

 

“Let’s have a brainstorm session on how the prince charming could approach his dream girl in a ballroom dance night,” Heeyoung teases, making the male blushes and the other girl rolls her eyes. Heeyoung always finds a way to ease a strained atmosphere. And this time, she throws a joke about Disney princess finding love in a dance nigh-

 

Wait. That actually does make sense.

 

“That’s it! That’s it, Heeyoung!” Rina jumps out of his seat, eyes glinting with sheer excitement and cheer while the other two could just blink, wondering what’s gotten into her mind.

 

“What? What did I say?”

 

“Jimin-ssi? Do you have a suit?” Rina asks the guy, successfully catching him off guard with the sudden inquiry.

 

“Y-Yes, of course I do. But for what?”

 

Rina smirks knowingly, shifting her gaze to Heeyoung who instantly gets the hint and immediately claps enthusiastically, nodding in approval with the unspoken plan. Jimin, who is still dumbfounded tilts his head, exchanging looks from Heeyoung to Rina with plead in his eyes, demanding for any enlightenment. Rina flips her hair dramatically, locking her gaze to the confused guy with a cryptic smile.

 

“Now, Jimin-ssi,” she waits for a beat before continuing, “Have you ever been to a prom?”

 

 

“I had to literally excuse myself for a while to laugh my out when your teacher called me because of that thing,” Namjoon breaks into heavy cackles, mockingly laughing at you who are throwing daggers to him while stuffing yourself with vanilla ice cream. Thanks to Namjoon, he literally brought a tube for you.

 

“I can't believe this is what I get from you while eating my comfort food. Thanks for the 'comfort’, Joonie,”

 

Namjoon gazes you down, beaming fondly on a sulky you as his chuckles tone down. Propping his chin on his arm, he keeps his eyes on his sister, registering the beautiful features his sister owns.

 

“I'm glad you're starting to have a life again,”

 

You snap your head upwards, blinking curiously to your brother who's still wearing his dimpled smile.

 

“What do you mean by 'again’?” you muffle with your mouth full of ice cream, which makes the other shakes his head with your juvenile act.

 

“Y/n, isn't it obvious that I would know about what had happened and how it affects both of you?”

 

How it affects both of you

 

You instantly get the hint of what is conveyed - accidentally or not - by Namjoon by his words. And Namjoon immediately regrets with what he just vocalled out when he witnesses your eyes glisten with concern, brows furrowing and lips putting on a frown. You quickly gulp down the ice cream, putting the spoon aside for awhile and shift your gaze back to the older.

 

“Is he… doing fine?” it comes out weak, very breathy and evident that you're hesitating. However, the concern that is building up in you manages to force the question to escape from your mouth.

 

Namjoon smiles apologetically, debating back and forth whether to give you an honest answer before deciding that that might be the best, “He barely eats. He even skipped this whole week on dinner,”

 

Knowing well that the boys will even cancel any meetings to make it for their daily dinner, this is deemed as a critical condition. The thought makes your eyes widened in shock, wondering how bad Jimin reacted to the ordeal. Well, it isn't any different from you, considering you were like a living corpse for these past few weeks.

 

“Oh,” is all you can say, despite the earful of babbles that are already trapped in the back of your throat, but they just stay there. It just doesn't feel right for you to evidently vocal out your concern towards Jimin, especially when you're still confused and uncertain with what's actually left in between both of you, or maybe there's just nothing left.

 

But why were Jimin so affected by it when he was the one who told you to walk away on him? He even broke into heavy meltdown when on the night of occurrence.

 

“Don't worry, hon. We'll take care of him,” Namjoon says with the constant dimpled smile of his on his lips, eyeing you worrily. It's funny how Namjoon can read you by the heart, only needing facial expressions and mannerisms of yours to understand the words that you doubt to say it out loud. Smiling bitterly, you play with the now a quarter filled ice cream tube with the spoon, gaze is pivoted on the white gooey dessert.

 

“Am I still allowed to worry about him when everything between us has ended?”

 

“That's the point,” Namjoon props his face on his palms, cupping his dimpled cheeks with a beautiful smile loyally gracing his full lips before proceeding,

 

“Has it actually really ended?”

 

 

Senior prom night is around the corner - which is a week ahead - and the girls are extremely busy with the preparations for the event. From the decorations for the stage and the entire hall, PA system and video projection, nourishments and refreshments, performances and host, multimedia and photography team and whatnot, everything has been made sure to reach the expectations that the girls desire. It's their last year in school, the significant event should be immaculate and perfect, hoping it will be a night that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

 

And by means of that, the girls too put an extra mile to search for the best outfit for the night. From dresses to gowns to suit-and-ties to wider range of couture choices, each of the girls will make sure they appear as beautiful as the night will come.

 

However, Heeyoung and Rina can’t handle you being a whiny kid a week before the longly awaited night.

 

“I don’t know. Cross-dressing sounds fun,” you mutter without even a sliver of amusement in your tone, eyes sticked on the novel that you recently borrowed from the library. Both of the girls’ jaws drop instantly listening to your reply when they ask if you have decided on what to wear for the night, and they have no choice but to interfere in this problem.

 

“Again?” Rina hooks her dress in her closet before closing it, taking a seat on your bed beside you who are too engrossed with the book. In order to obtain your attention, novels shouldn’t be present around you. Hence, that what makes you whine when your book is seized by the other.

 

“I’m having a good time reading Gus and Hazel having a picnic date!” you huff in disappointment, corny smile from before turning upside down.

 

“You’ve cross-dressed for last two years and I get it, it was fun and you did serve looks. But, we’re talking about our senior prom night, y/n! Our very last year in this goddamn school,” Rina puts the book away, before pinning her gaze back to a pouting you and crosses her arms.

 

“And don’t ever think that we forget that you did have an eye on a few dresses for the prom when we were hanging out this early year,” Heeyoung is in akimbo, eyeing down while wondering what is wrong with you. They get it that you’re still in your post-(kinda)breakup phase, but they will never let that stop you from enjoying their biggest event in their schoolhood.

 

One, because they want to cherish the memories that they will create that night before parting ways.

 

Two, because they have a plan, and they have no reasons on bailing on it.

 

“I know…” you murmur in between your pout, eyes gazing lowly on your own bedsheet as you fiddle with it, “It’s just… I’m not in the mood, y’know?” you shrug weakly, voice comes off very slow, almost hesitating.

 

“I know you need more time to get over it, y/n,” Rina wraps her arm around your shoulders, pressing gently on it as a reassurance, “but it’s an important night for all of us, and I don’t want you to miss out,”

 

“We’re celebrating the night as a batch, y/n,” Heeyoung beams apologetically, scrunching her nose when she manages elicit a smile from you when she ruffles your hair, “The others would want you to be a part of the night too. We’ve made it this far together,”

 

It’s true, the night isn’t just an ordinary, typical night for them. It isn’t just about the dresses and suits they’re going to wear or the hype about it. The girls call it as a closure for their high school phase after going through daunting years, growing physically and mentally with each other by their side for seven consecutive years. The night means much more for them than just a mundane fancy ball dance party.

 

“I’m sorry. I was being so selfish. I shouldn’t miss the night just because of my personal problems,” you breathe out, head hanging low as the other scoot closer, caging you in a warm group hug.

 

“No, babe, no. You weren’t being selfish. The thing you’re having now doesn’t matter any less,” Rina replies softly, receiving nods from Heeyoung.

 

“If you’re not feeling well on that night, you could just attend for the opening and excuse yourself afterwards. I’m sure the others would probably be okay,” Heeyoung adds.

 

“We’ll see. Anyways, thank you guys. You’ve always been there for me,”

 

Rina sighs with a smile on her lips, tightening the hug, “The things we do for you,”

 

The three of you stay in that position for a while, just wrapped in each other’s arms, invading each other’s private spaces which never bothers any of you. The friendship that has been thriving since day one you became roommates till now, is definitely the most precious gift that you could never ask for more in your life. It’s a relief that you have met them at the early age of teenage. It’s a relief to get to mature with them by your sides. It’s a relief that the three of you have each other.

 

“Enough with this drama,” you are the first one to lean away from the hug, eyes shining with a new founding enthrallment, “Let’s pick my prom outfit,”

 

-----------------------------------------

A/n: I decided to post another chapter to make up for the long gap last week :DDD