Misunderstandings

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

It’s too late for you to react anything, you are too shocked you can’t even let out a whisper. You bring your hands up, trying to unleash the hand’s grip of your mouth but it is to no avail as you can feel another hand slither to your waist, as the unknown person lifts you of the pool and withdraws a few steps. When you finally can feel your voice is ready to be vocalled out, you are about to scream to the top of your lungs when suddenly someone whispers to your left ear.

 

“Relax, y/n. It’s me,”

 

You drop your feet on the ground and feel the grip of the waist is loosen a bit. Jimin removes his hand of your mouth as you spin yourself to face him, his hand still on your waist. Jimin’s devilish smirk drop to a frown, as he can see your tears trickle down your cheeks.

 

“You think that’s funny? Freaking me out like I’m about to get kidnapped?” you voice out, choking on your own tears. If Jimin is planning to jumpscare you, he has done an outstanding job.

 

“Well, you think that’s funny? Leaving the front door unlocked and when I entered in, I saw the sliding door is wide opened, freaking me out cause I thought you were kidnapped?” the playfulness in his voice has disappeared in a snap of a finger, making you gulp in terror.

 

“I-I-I’m s-sor-ry,” you stammer hard as you can feel a lump on your throat. You can’t help to burst into tears when Jimin pulls you in for a tight embrace, as you loop your arms around his neck, resting your forehead on his shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry I scared you too much, sweetie,” he says softly, almost like a heavy whisper. He tightens his arms around your waist as you shake your head gently, still sobbing silently.

 

“Promise me never do that again, okay?” he moves his palm vertically on your back, as tender as he can. He can feel you nod a little, making the grey head finally smile fondly.

 

After your sobs turn into soft sniffles, both of you finally unhook the hug and withdraw a step away from each other, just realizing how much private space both of you have invaded to each other’s. Jimin’s eyes lay on your bare legs as your oversized black sweater falls on your mid thighs, and it almost seems like you have no pants beneath. Jimin averts his eyes away quickly, as he gulps to hide the desire of staring on that skin again.

 

Get a grip of yourself, Jimin.

 

“I don’t think the party’s over. Why are you here?”

 

Jimin, who is looking away quickly turns his head to you, as he awkwardly caressing his nape and clears his throat. You quirk your eyebrow, weirded out by the sudden awkward gestures by the guy who always be smooth and bold all the time.

 

And Jimin’s cheeks are concentrated with shades of red, you wonder how many shots he chugged tonight.

 

“Oh. Erm. Jungkook is wasted, so Taehyung is worried and asked me if they can get home earlier,” Jimin mutters with his eyes wandering all over the place, other than you.

 

You know it’s too early for Jungkook get wasted to be honest, but you just keep your mouth shut.

 

“And Joonie?”

 

“I forced Jin hyung to make sure he’s having fun. I don’t think he knows me here,” Jimin replies, moving closer to you as he grabs your wrist and ambles closer to the pool.

 

You quirk your brow, weirded by his sudden action but you just tail him from behind. You don’t know how drunk he is, so maybe the best thing to do is to play with him along.

 

Jimin takes a seat, legs crossed as he taps his hand on a spot beside him. Getting his sign, you sit beside him, with your legs dipped into the pool.

 

“Why are you here? You should just go and have some fun. It’s not even 12 yet,” you murmur, legs moving in a circular motion.

 

“I’m worried of you, sweetie. Plus, there’s nothing fun to do there. All of my friends are making out, and they’re making me feel left out,”

 

“Maybe you should find someone to make out with too? So, you wouldn’t feel left out?”

 

Jimin furrows his brows a little, giving you an are-you-serious face before dropping his gaze back onto the pool.

 

“I told you I’m worried. I need to see you safe with my own eyes, so I can be in peace,”

 

You sneer into his sarcasm, at least that’s what you want to believe. Shaking your head gently, you shift your gaze to the guy who has his face covered with perfect shades of red and pink.

 

“How drunk are you, Jimin?”

 

“I never get drunk, y/n. I could swallow 5 bottles of vodka and still in sober,” Jimin beams, making his red puffy cheeks more prominent.

 

You can’t handle this. That cuteness, that smile, that beauty, that demeanour, those feelings, your heart, your emotions, just everything. Therefore, you have decided that this would be the perfect time for you to clear things up with the man, to thicken the line that he should not cross at the first time.

 

“See here, Jimin, let me tell you a little bit of myself,” you keep making circles with your feet, fixing your gaze on the waves produced. Jimin spins himself to face you, propping up his chin with his palm,.and resting his elbow on his thigh.

 

“I’m all ears,”

 

You chuckle lightly, before proceeding.

 

“I’m really at taking the right meaning of something. Like, if something has double meanings, I would always pick the wrong one. So, I always end up giving trust and hope to the wrong people. But, I can’t blame them though, because they never had expected anything from me, it’s just, I kept misunderstood people for their actions. In the end, I’d always get hurt, but it would just only me, alone,”

 

“That’s sad. Can’t relate, but sad,” Jimin responses.

 

“I know right? Do you get my point?”

 

Jimin shakes his head, as an exhausting sigh escapes your lips. You know this is going to be awkward, because you are practically trying to confess.

 

“Okay, I know this might get awkward, but here we go. What I’m trying to say here is, you shouldn’t be too worried of me. Stop concerning for me, flirt me, call me sweetie, messing around with me just to make me smile or blush, jog with me, do things that only my brother has done to me like hug me, kiss me on the cheek and check on me when I’m alone like this…”

 

You can feel your tears are b on your eyes, but you are too late to withdraw your words and step outside of this ring. You never dare to shift your gaze to him, you’re just not too strong to handle the judgement or sorry face you’re going to get. Not now.

 

“I know this sounds stupid, and I am stupid. I don’t want to ruin this friendship we’re having right now. It’s just… I don’t know… I want to draw the lines so we won’t, I mean I will not have to misunderstand your actions. I-I’ll… I’ll try to stop thinking other else afterwards so I hope you’re not uncomfortable with m-”

 

“y/n,”

 

He cuts in your words. You breath out a few curses as you can’t hold your tears from cascading.

 

“y/n, answer me,”

 

“W-what?” you choke on your own tears, but your eyes are still on the pool.

 

“Look at me,”

 

You feel reluctant. You hate it when someone sees you cry. You hate to see their sorry faces, or some of the grimaces, and you know you look really ugly when you are crying. That’s why your friends always thought you are that tough, emotionless girl when the reality is you’re the most fragile, vulnerable human in this earth. It’s just, you always hide the tears from other people. You hate it, and you know people hate it too.

 

“y/n, sweetie, look at me,”

 

With hesitant, you inhale deeply before turning to the guy beside you. Your lips quiver as you lock on those golden brown orbs, those beautiful pair of eyes you have been infatuated all these weeks.

 

“What?” you voice out, but it becomes a whisper as the word escapes your mouth, almost sounds like you have no energy left in your body.

 

You gasp in remotely shock as he pulls you in between his legs, as he casually rests his chin on your shoulder and wraps your small waist with his arms, pulling you closer so your back pressed onto his chest. You can feel your breath hitches, and heat starts to creep on your face. Your body is really tensed, it makes Jimin feels really uncomfortable.

 

“Sweetie, relax,” Jimin whispers into your ears, only to make the red on your cheeks more radiant.

 

“Jimin, what-”

 

“You haven’t catch the meaning yet? Or should I show you more?”

 

“What?”

 

Jimin laces his fingers onto your jaw, as he pushes your face to your right gently. Your eyes widen as the proximity between your lips and his is barely a centimetre. Your gaze exchanges, from his eyes, to his lips and then back to his eyes. You can feel his hot breath fanning against your lips.

 

“Jimin… “ you whimper as you can’t handle the hotness. Even though your legs are still immersed in the freezing pool, and your bare thighs are shivering due to the cold ceramic underneath your skin, you can literally feel a bead of sweat trickle down on your temple.

 

Jimin finally plants a kiss onto your lips. It is simple, lip-to-lip kiss, but it’s a long one, because Jimin knows he can’t go further especially when you have your legs bare. The ending of this episode might get Jimin murdered by Namjoon with his bare hands if he takes the kiss to a whole another level. After what it feels like a tick of a second (10 seconds in terms of earth’s time) for Jimin, Jimin pulls away from your lips. You quickly hide your face, placing your forehead on your knees as you scrunch your tiny frame, hugging your wet legs to your chest.

 

“I’m pretty sure the kiss delivers much for you to understand. But if you want more than that I can-”

 

“Stop, Park Jimin,” your voice muffled.

 

“Awwwwww. Is my baby embarrassed?” Jimin tighten the hug, pressing his chest on your back as his hand seeks for yours before intertwining your fingers to his.

 

My baby. The pet name is a little too much for you, as you can feel explosions of firework bursting in your heart. You muster all of the composure left in you, trying to not to get trapped in this trance as you spin to face him, his hand still on your waist. Gulping down your doubts away, you lift your flushed face and meet with that pair of brown orbs, before leaning into another kiss, but this time, a passionate one.

 

Jimin is taken aback for a while with the sudden bold action from the girl who is usually apprehensive and always get flustered all the time. However, this time, you’re the one who get to make him caught off guard. The blonde quickly follow your pace, as you arch your back, not allowing any space between your bodies. Both of you pull away from each other, breathless and panting heavily, chests heaving upward and downward.

 

“I thought you’re a 'baby',” Jimin teases, still trying to catch his own breathe.

 

“I am. But, not for kissing,”

----------------------------------------

[A/n]

Soooooooooo waddya think?