In Denial

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

“Here,"

 

Jimin hands you an ice cream cone topped with vanilla sundae while his own is chocolate one. You are not sure how long you’ve spent crying on his shoulder but the second your sobs turned to soft sniffles, Jimin excused himself and ran somewhere for several minutes just to come back with two cones of ice cream in his hands. You chuckle when the guy flashes a sweet smile as sweet as the dessert he’s holding.

 

“Thanks,” you muffle.

 

“Vanilla ice cream comfort you, doesn’t it?”

 

You blink, before turning to him with a puzzled expression.

 

“Y-yeah, it does. How do you know?”

 

Jimin somehow suddenly looks flustered as his mouth is agape, trying to let out a reply but fails. His mind is attempting on fabricating a nice answer and after almost a minute passes by, he bails and finally replies.

 

“N-Namjoon hyung once said it,” he mutters slowly, not because of the uncertainty, but the shyness.

 

“No wonder you could even get the flavour right,” you beam genuinely then proceed eating the ice cream. The fact that Jimin can bear such an insignificant detail about you in his mind makes your heart flutters. You try your best to hide the not-so-new feelings nevertheless your cheeks disobey you.

 

Both of you let the serene silence engulf in and does its thing on soothing you down. After an emotional breakdown, Jimin sure to let you have some time to stable your emotions and let you have the time until you’re ready to talk again.

 

“So… Have some funny experience in relationship that you don’t mind to share with me?” you ask, swinging your hanged legs, eyeing on the grey head innocently while on your ice cream, looking like a child.

 

“I’ve never been in one actually,”

 

Your eyes widen in shock as you scoff in disbelief. This guy ain’t telling the truth, isn’t he?

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Had some fair share of hook ups but yeah. That’s all,” he shrugs a little.

 

“Wow,” your eyes are still wide and Jimin can’t handle the expression that you’re having, he sneers.

 

“What makes you think I’ve been there?” he his eyebrow, as he softly gazes on a gulping you.

 

You are debating with your inner self whether to spill it or not. You don’t want to sound like you’re having a crush on him, or into him, even though that is what’s happening right now. You mentally curse yourself. Of course, you’ve seen this coming since the moment you’ve laid your eyes on him. You thought that this innocent jealousy/admiration on his beauty is momentary. However, as more time passes by, as one by one event unfolds, the admiration develops to a bigger feeling that you’re afraid if it’s getting permanent.

 

“Well, I don’t want to feed your ego, Jimin,”

 

“If you’re trying to justify that I own this face and body as a reason, I’m not listening. People just want me to satisfy their lust and nothing more,”

 

The bitterness in Jimin’s tone is evident, you can notice it with the monotone voice of his and his sigh that he includes afterwards. You know that Jimin might sound a little harsh and cold towards you, but you don’t blame him for that. By what he has professed, by how his voice sounded like just now, you are certain that there are countless people out there have mistreated him physically and emotionally.

 

The sudden silence is making Jimin feels guilty when you haven’t let out a single word. Jimin thought you are offended by his words but what is really happening is just you trying to figure out what’s the best reply that will make him stop thinking that you are no different than the cruel people.

 

“Okay, here, I’m sorry if I sound kinda-”

 

“You’re not wrong,"

 

Jimin turns his head towards you, locking his eyes into your dark irises as you smile bitterly.

 

“I get it that most of the people out there might just think all you do is make out with everything that breathes just because you have that body and face. You’re not wrong that that’s not a reason people might see you for someone who is good in relationships. But, hey, you’re wrong when you say I am assuming it that way,”

 

The guy then finally turns his whole body to you, intrigued to listen more to your words, eyes still not budgeting from yours. You can feel shivers travelling down your spine as his gaze is piercing into you sharply.

 

“Y-you know. You’re actually very sweet, caring and thoughtful to be honest. For what you’ve done for Namjoon, I can tell that you really care for someone you really love, and you’re willing to do anything for them. You even treat and respect people really well, considering I’m just a younger sibling of your best friend, you still take care of me pretty well. Treating me for lunch, listening to my concerns, comforting me with my comfort food...” your index fingers fiddle with each other, as you lay your eyes down on them with your legs swinging gently. You can’t look Jimin in the eye, or even look at his way because you feel like you’re about to burst. When you can’t hear any replies from the guy, you add.

 

“Th-that’s why… People might think you’re good in relationships. Be-because you’re… Erm… Everyone’s ideal… Ideal partners… Especially with that big heart of y-yours,” you mentally curse yourself for stuttering so much, but you really can’t handle the emotions that you are trying to conceal. You just realize how your words actually true and accurate as the words that you constructed just now dawn into your mind slowly.

 

Gulping down your nervousness, you try to lift your gaze up when not a single word or even breath audible from Jimin. You can feel your breath hitches when you lock your eyes with a wide-eyed Jimin, who looks remotely shocked and is trying his best to not to look so amused.

 

Light shade of pink is dusting on both of his cheek. You purse your lips, not so very sure of what to do or what to say.

 

“Did I say something wrong? Did I offend you?” you mutter, confusion is utter in your tone.

 

“Huh? Oh. No. No, you didn’t. You did nothing wrong,” Jimis is caught off guard and is snapped out of the daze instantly. The flustered guy quickly averts his gaze from you, pinning his gaze on the ground. His heart is beating wildly through his chest, your words are the only thing that get is in his head, replaying over and over again.

 

“You’re beet red! Are you okay?” you hop off the boot and step towards the guy before softly placing your hand on his forehead and then to his cheeks. Jimin startles when you approach him as he just stares at you, mouth slightly agape.

 

“Do you mean it?”

 

You remove your hand from his face before letting out a soft chuckle out of your mouth.

 

“If I don’t, why did I say it, right?” you fondly beam, making the guy oppose you mirrors your action.

 

“I’m an ideal partner?”

 

“Err… Yeah?”

 

“I’m an ideal boyfriend?”

 

“Maybe?”

 

“I’m your ideal boyfriend?”

 

“Jimin, we’re not going anywhere to that top-”

 

“Big heart, eh?”

 

“This is the reason why I refused to feed your freaking pride, Jimin,”

As days pass by, you really do enjoy accompanying the members around, interacting and involve in the process of their works. Everything goes pretty smooth. The members are constantly check on you, tag you along almost every time they do something, sometimes converse about random topics and laughing most of the times. There’s just this warmth radiating from them that makes you feel home, feel belonged. When you think about it again, maybe living with Bangtan squad isn’t a bad idea at all. You curse at yourself when you’re the one who played the ‘in business mode’ alone all these while. The members are all laid back ever since the starting point.

 

You love the feeling being around them. You love that you’re comfortable being around them as comfortable as you with your girlfriends when you and the members just knew each other like a week. You love how they never treat you like an outsider. You love the things they do just to make you smile oh so effortlessly. You feel safe. Each day passes by, you can feel that all of them are getting subtly step by step closer to you.

 

However, Park Jimin doesn’t seem to mind on being subtle about it.

 

Pet names is sure a really sweet thing, but at this initial point of this friendship (?) it kinda overwhelms you especially when it comes to the grey head with his constant calls of ‘sweetie’. You mean, the members sure have thrown a few of endearment to you occasionally but Jimin is excluded. The guy sure has no restrain on nicknaming you, even if there’s the entirety of the squad in front of your eyes.

 

Since you’re staying in their house, you offer yourself to help them with their dishes every dinner even though they have turns on doing the task. The members refused your offer at first and you of course try to be the stubborn girl you are, still attempting your best to make them agree with you. At last, all of you compromise to let the member in charge for that day to do it together with you. These days, Jimin seems like to do it with you frequently. You are certain that the cycle is not going in order when the grey head has helped you three days consecutively, but you just remain your lips sealed because you secretly do enjoy his company.

 

And you know Jimin does too.

 

Listening to music while doing homework is a must for you. Since Jimin keeps bothering you to keep him companied in Yoongi’s studio, maybe doing your work in the studio isn’t a bad idea at all. Jimin’s practicing his lyrics and attempting on some high and low notes are music to your ears. Live vocal performance while doing your school’s tasks? Heeyoung and Rina are going to kill you for real.

 

You know that you shouldn’t have enjoyed this too much, the company, the care, the pet names, the secret glimpses, the smiles, the little arguments, the attention. You swear you’ve tried your best, to deny that you like it, to deny that you love it, to deny that you want for more. You just keep catching yourself in denial until at one point, you’re tired of them, of all these lies that you try to deceive yourself. Because, you know yourself well when you are in love with someone.

 

You’ll be in denial.

----------------------------------------------------------

[A/n]

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATES :'''

HERE'S A JIMIN WITH HIS HEART SIGN FOR U

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f477731686b4d684d4a5f4b6d72673d3d2d3639333438313237332e313538316564313134643338326437663336383531333131373732322e676966