'Friends Hangout'

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

Nayeon receives two kind of reactions, from two different people.

 

“Fancy seeing you here, Nayeon,” which is from Namjoon.

 

“Err… Mind explaining why are you here out of sudden?” which is from Jimin.

 

You, who are quite confused whether to keep recording or not, hand the camera to Jungkook as you leave the room for a while to help Tae with the dishes. You are getting quite uncomfortable since the decent lady that is introduced as Nayeon keeps glaring at you once in a while, so you take a decision to excuse the men for you to escape from the awkwardness you’re confined in.

 

“Who’s that?” you ask Tae.

 

Tae turns to his back, eyeing the lady, making sure that she’s not looking at your way before replying you.

 

“Old friend of Jimin, I’d say,” Tae whispers to you who are busy rinsing the plates and glasses.

 

“You didn’t know her much?”

 

“Not as close as Jimin. Why? You’re jealous?”

 

“I-wait, what? W-why should I?”

 

“Do not tremble, my dear. You’re making it more obvious,”

 

You just chuckle awkwardly, shrugging Tae’s words off.

 

Meanwhile, in the living room, the members are having a warm chatting with the familiar friend of Jimin except for Jimin himself, who keeps glancing at the kitchen, trying to catch a glimpse of you.

 

Urgh, why now? Jimin mentally curses.

 

“I was just done attending my sister’s wedding ceremony which happened to be near to your house. Well, it has been ages since the last time Jimin brought me here,” Nayeon replies with a cute, girlish smile curving on her red lips, as she shifts her gaze from the members to Jimin, who is not paying any attention to her.

 

Nayeon knows that the guy is trying to find you, and that makes the lady suspicious. Nayeon does feel jealous with your innocent and natural beauty. Yes, maybe you don’t have red lips as bold as hers or on fleek eyebrows like Nayeon’s. However, the fact that you have not even a single makeup on, how your lips appear faint red, how natural your cheeks to appear rosy, how your tanned skin appear flawless without even a smear of concealer and how your eyebrows are perfect for a pair of natural brows almost make her gasps in sheer incredulity.

 

However, she can’t lose to you. She has waited too long for Jimin and she will never allow anyone to take her Jimin.

 

Even though if Jimin’s already someone else’s.

 

“Yeah, we always bump into each other in random events or occasions for Youtubers,” Hoseok responds.

 

“Yes, we did. But, I didn’t get to see Jimin last night. Where were you last night, huh, Jiminnie?”

 

Jimin does not realize that the lady in front of him is trying to communicate with him, as his eyes are keep seeking for you. Jin, gives the younger a gentle slap on his back as Jimin quickly turns to Jin as he quirks his brow, and mouths out ‘what?’ Jin nudges his head towards Nayeon, before Jimin reluctantly shifts his gaze to the lady.

 

“I’m-I’m sorry… I was just… Never mind. What was it again?” Jimin prompts.

 

“Let’s go to the Lotte Mall with me? I’ve been wanting to try the new ice skating rink,”

 

“I believe that wasn’t th-”

 

“Wooooo, Jimin-ssi! Jimin’s going out for a date!” Namjoon teases Jimin.

 

“Wait, no, I said noth-”

 

“Aish this kid! What’s with that act? Since when our Jiminnie is a shy boy?” Hoseok nudges his elbow to the annoyed Jimin who his words keeps on getting interrupted.

 

“What is the commotion about, guys?”

 

Tae ambles his way to the living room as all pair of eyes are fixed on the man. You, who have been tailing Tae along, take step ahead of Tae, planting your feet on the floor right beside the taller man. Jimin gulps to see you there, standing face to face with the woman that he never has wanted you to meet. At least now now, especially when your relationship is still new and hidden.

 

“Oh, who is this sweet little girl here? Is she your girlfriend, Taehyung?” Nayeon ask, which makes you lift your palms, quickly denying along with Tae.

 

“Ah. No, no. We’re not dating. I’m Joonie’s sister,” you try to pull your most sincere smile.

 

“I can tell that by your dimples. By the way, I am asking Jimin to go ice skating with me, and I’m still waiting for his answer,” Nayeon crosses her arms, as she stares down on Jimin who is sitting on the couch, fiddling on his sweater, looking anxious than ever.

 

Jimin is mentally screaming his hearts out, but he can’t do that now. It’s not the right timing for him to reveal the thing that is going on between him and you, but at the same time, it doesn’t mean that this is the right time to accept Nayeon’s offer either.

 

“Come on, Jiminnie! It’s not like we have other plans today,” Yoongi joins in.

 

“Yeah! Plus, both of you guys seldom hang out together since both of you are too busy with personal schedule. This is the perfect timing, Jimin-ah,” Jin pats the younger back.

 

Both of Tae and Jungkook knows that Jimin is actually doesn’t feel on going to the date, since they get the hints about him and you. Tae meets his eyes with Jungkook, communicating with telepathy to help Jimin out.

 

“I-I think Jimin hyung is a little tired from-”

 

“Sounds fun. Maybe you should go with her, Jimin,”

 

You cut Jungkook’s words, which make all of the men and Nayeon shoot their gazes on you. The maknae line, however, furrow their brows as they gaze onto you, bewildered. Jimin can feel his heart sinks to hear your words just now as he is worried that he messed it up this time. However, when you shift your gaze to meet the blonde’s brown orbs, he can feel that your gaze is neutral. He can’t read your emotions, whether if you’re sad, worried, angry or annoyed. And he’s not sure if that’s a good or a bad sign.

 

“Look? Even this cute little girl wants you to go,” Nayeon claps her perfectly manicured hands together before turning around to face the unamused Jimin.

 

“Wait, did you mention ice skating rink in the Lotte Mall?” Jungkook strikes again.

 

“Yes?” Nayeon nods.

 

“Oh! y/n ssi. Isn’t that the rink you’ve been mentioning to go since weeks ago?” Jungkook voices out convincingly as he points his finger at you.

 

“When did I…” you are confused, but Tae catches what Jungkook is trying to do.

 

“Oh yes! You want to go there so bad but all of us were really busy. Maybe you can go along with Jimin and Nayeon?” Tae joins in.

 

You are mentally strangling both Tae and Jungkook to death but you just keep flashing your confusion on your face. Before any of the members or Nayeon can speak, Jimin quickly interrupts.

 

“Of course you can! I think this is the only day off we have. Plus, it’s not a date or anything. It’s just a simple, friends hang out, right, Nayeon?” Jimin flashes his smile to Nayeon, and the lady has no other choice.

 

“Yes, of course the girl can come along,”

 

 

You don’t remember how the three of you get to arrive to the mall safely, but gosh, what an awkward experience you just had in the car. No one was talking and no one dared to even exchange gazes. And now, you are walking with two grown up, same aged adult on both of your side. You make a mental note to slap Tae and Jungkook as soon as you got back home because they’re the reason you have to join in this unanticipated ‘hang out’.

 

“You know what? This is starting to get more and more awkward. Should I just ditch both of you and go stroll around the mall alone?” you bring your steps to a halt as you spin yourself to face both of those so called adults with akimbo.

 

“NO! I mean, no,” Jimin rises his voice a little bit, before replying with a more subtle tone.

 

You shift your gaze from the man to the lady beside him, before staring down to her. You realize that she’s much shorter than you, even though she has pair of heels on her feet.

 

“Nayeon unnie, let’s go ice skating, shall we?”

 

Nayeon is remotely alarmed to hear you calling her ‘unnie’. As she lays her eyes on you reluctantly, she just realizes how much taller you are, even though you just have your sneakers on. She just notices that she has to lift her chin a little higher in order to look at you in your eyes. Just right after she locks your eyes into your dark brown irises, a sudden realization dawns in her.

 

She is indeed gorgeous. Nayeon whispers in her heart.

 

“Err… Unnie? Are you okay?” you sway your palm in front of her eyes when she seems like being unresponsive for a while. Nayeon is snapped back into reality, a little flustered when she is caught daydreaming in the middle of the conversation.

 

“I’m okay. Hehe,” she quickly replies with a genuine smile and faint hue dusting on her cheeks. Jimin, who is just observing ever since, quirks his eyebrow inquisitively when he sees Nayeon acts a little unusual.

 

“We’ll head to ice skating rink, yeah?” you inform her again before stepping ahead, as the adults tail you by your side. Suddenly, an ice cream booth has successfully gains your attention as your eyes can’t leave off the booth while you ambling away. Jimin, however, notices your behaviour and snickers to your cute antics.

 

“I’ll get you guys some ice cream. Stay here,” Jimin leaves both of you, saunter to the booth and get in line on the short queue.

 

“No, Jimin, you’ll ruin my diet!” you cries, but to no avail since the guy purposely ignore you.

 

“You’re on diet?” 

 

You can hear surprisement evident in her chord, as you quickly enlighten her clearly.

 

“Yeah. I’m an athlete. Need to get my body and stamina in excellent condition all the time,” you reply and receive a gasp from the lady.

 

“Oh wow. What sports do you play?”

 

“I’m a gymnast,”

 

Nayeon gasps once again as you keep surprising her every time you speak. The lady is literally admiring you as she gets to discover more and more of your charms.

 

“Wow. I’m- WOW. You made me speechless, girl,” Nayeon covers dramatically with the back of her palm as she looks at you. The lady gazes you, scanning the outfit you chose for the occasion, a simple black satin collared shirt that is slightly loose tucked into a pair of black tight jeans. You even manages to don in a simple silk belt on your waist, but it is a little hidden under your loose shirt. Your brunette, lightly wavy hair is untied as the locks rest on your shoulders and on your back faultlessly.

 

You are the perfect embodiment of ‘girl crush’, and Nayeon thinks, you embodies the concept a little too perfect.

 

“And I’m back,”

 

You and Nayeon quickly avert your gaze to the guy who’s struggling holding cups of ice cream in his small hands. You take one from Jimin and hands it to Nayeon, when Nayeon suddenly shakes her head gently.

 

“What? How can you reject an ice cream?” you say, a little pouty.

 

“Nah, it’s just… I’m on a diet,” Nayeon guiltily rubs her nape, trying to resist the dessert’s temptation.

 

“I have a diet too. If I’m eating this, so should you. How about a cheat day?” you push the cup into her hands as she nods in hesitant.

 

“Cool!” you turn to Jimin to take yours, but only to find there’s only a cup left in his hands. You just realize that the cup that Jimin’s holding has two spoons digged into the mountained soft serving. With your hands on your hips, you glare at the guy who is smiling sheepishly.

 

“You’re making her look like a third wheeler,” you give in, takes a bite and withdraw a step back.

 

“I mean, she is,”

 

“Jimin. No,”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/n]

IM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE KIDS :'''

i've been a little busy for the past few days, cause i had to travel somewhere else for a while, for 'business' purposes. LOL. i kid for the business purposes but not about having to leave my house for a few days. i can't feel my legs, i'm exhausted.

btw, thanks for ur patience tho. lysm.