The Unwelcomed Guest

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

*Flashback*

“I will be the girl behind the camera,”

 

Seven of the men blinked, utterly confused with your statement.

 

“What I have watched from the previous vlogs of Namjoon’s, I believe that Jungkook has played a role as a camera director all these while. How about, for a week, I’ll take Jungkook’s job and let them wonder who’s holding the camera if it’s not this guy here. Let’s give your fans a little sneak peek of my arms and other parts of me before revealing my face,” you suggested, before exchanging gazes with the men.

 

“They’ll become more curious of you! Every time we showed a glimpse of face of friends of ours other than Bangtan, our fans tend to get really eager to know about them,” Tae clapped his hand, nodding in approval.

 

“Cool! Our fans really like mysteries and theories though. I wonder why,” Hoseok added in.

 

“Kinda true. I always scroll through the comments section,” Namjoon followed up.

 

“Great. Let’s get ready to rock and roll,”

 

 

“We’ve made a bet that who got wasted first at the Youtuber’s party last night will have to jump into our pool filled with dry ice,”

 

“But Namjoon hyung! That’s not fair! These hyungs will never get wasted in any party!” Jungkook sticks out his index finger, pointing out to Jimin and Tae who are laughing their off with the maknae’s flustered demeanour. You just throw your head back, as you chuckle silently behind the camera.

 

“Deal is still a deal, Kook-ah. Woah, I can’t believe this guy here lose to me!” Jin says excitedly, choking on his own laughters while slapping his knee comically.

 

“Are you afraid, Jungkookie ~” Hoseok hits the maknae’s chest a few time, teasing the raven-haired who’s holding his exasperation back.

 

“DOES DRY ICE SOUNDS SAFE ENOUGH?” he shoots his hyungs back, just to receive louder mix of laughters of the squad.

 

You walk to the reluctant boy, extending your arm to him as you give him light pat on the back as a cheer for him. The other six laughs off your cute action as no one is pitying for Jungkook.

 

“Seriously, girl? We’re the camera directors! You should be on my side!” Jungkook cries, rising and slouching his shoulder like a sulky toddler don’t get to eat his ice cream.

 

After filling up the pool with literally 500 pounds of dry ice, you are astounded to see how oddly aesthetic the environment looks like, with white mist extracting from the pool start to vanish the sight of their ankles. The members are amused and pleased to see the translucent haze is carpeting their backyard, blocking the green colour of the grass from appearing.

 

“This looks exciting!” Jimin shouts to Jungkook, receiving a death glare from the younger.

 

“In any seconds from now Jungkook!” Tae screams, giving the younger a clown face before guffawing to the hesitating maknae. He strips off his t-shirt, just to reveal his chocolate abs bare and elicit some flirtatious whistling from the dorks. Jungkook just rolls his eyes as he shakes his head, getting too used to the men’s antics whenever the maknae get half-.

 

They worship it so much, Jungkook thought on making a religion out of it.

 

You get an idea, as you stand on your tiptoes and whisper something to Jungkook.

 

“Is this camera waterproof?”

 

“Yes, it i- Wait, what?”

 

You hook your arm around Jungkook’s neck and start picking up pace, leaning into the pool. Jungkook follows your pace along as both of you jump into the pool that is covered with white fog on it, making the six other members drop their jaws, aghast with your sudden action.

 

“What the f…” Namjoon breathes out, starting to get panicked when there’s no head pop out of the mist after what they think almost half minute pass by.

 

“Do… Do we plan this?” Yoongi stutters, scratching his scalp with his finger.

 

Meanwhile when both of you are wholly immersed, you keep recording Jungkook’s shocked expression beside you. You make your best attempt on getting the perfect frame of Jungkook in his shorts, exposed abs, widened eyes and floating coconut hair. His face looks genuinely surprised, you almost coo in the water on his baby face, but you are reminded by his toned musculature that he possesses, which snap you back to reality that he’s indeed a grown up guy.

 

Their fans should appreciate me for these shots I swear.

 

You hold up your palm to to tell Jungkook to calm his down and make a sign that you’re absolutely fine. You point your finger upwards and mouth out, ‘slowly’ as you receive a nod from the man. Both of you float to the surface steadily, only to the extent where your eyes and nose float above the surface of weather. Both of you can hear your name being hollered by the guys frantically, as you and Jungkook grace evil smirks on your lips. Jungkook sticks out his thumb to you, totally approving with your impromptu act.

 

“OMG WHAT IF THEY ARE REALLY DEAD?” Tae freaks out and goes hysterical.

 

“Urgh… I’ll kill both of them literally,” Jimin quickly hauls his tank top from his body before diving into the pool. You can hear a sound of splashes, followed more and more sound of it as both of you and Jungkook giggle under the water, satisfied as your plan workout.

 

For Jungkook, he’s satisfied to have his hyungs feel the same agonizing cold of the water as him.

 

As for you, you are satisfied to get more shots that might make the fans satisfied too.

 

Cool, more half- and wet people on camera.

 

You can feel your body is pulled slightly backward as familiar arms spin your body to your back. You nervously chuckle to see how serious Jimin’s face is now, as his hair is wet and sticking on his forehead and his shoulders are bare above the water.

 

“Joonie gets everyone’s reaction does he?” you mutter eagerly, as you loop your arms around his neck.

 

“How wild are you actually, babe?” Jimin tightens his arm around your waist as his other hand tugs your drenched hair behind your ear.

 

“This is for business matter, Jiminnie. I’m just being professional,” you shrug, smiling playfully before planting a quick peck to his full lips.

 

“Professional my ,” he rolls his eyes.

 

“IS MY BABY ALIVE?”

 

“Before your brother makes a scene, let’s get out of this mess,”

 

Both of you swim to the end of the pool with the camera in your hand and Jimin on your side. After getting out of the pool fully, you quickly aim the camera to the people around you. A few of them, Tae, Jungkook, Jimin and Namjoon is caught with their bare chest on tape.

 

“Seriously? Who hired this person to hold your camera, Namjoon?” Hoseok still has his mouth agape, in sheer disbelief with your steadiness despite the coldness that is starting to bite your skin.

 

“Yall people should give me credits for the amazing shots I got because trust me fam, your fans going to love what we got here,” your other hand is placed on your hip.

 

Jungkook runs to you as you hold your palm in the air and give the excited lad a high five.

 

Namjoon just shakes his head as he walks back into the house, followed by others. Switching the camera off, you moan in relief as you can feel your biceps are getting tensed with all the work. You shiver a little when your business mode is switched off and composure starts to fill in you, realizing the sudden drop of temperature of your body.

 

“Oh god, it’s freezing here,” you murmur, when suddenly you can feel warmth wraps you.

 

Jimin envelopes your stammering physique with his towel as you silently stare him with a soft smile.

 

“I swear I’m going to kill you for real if you worry me again,” Jimin hisses in between his gritted teeth as he stares you down.

 

“Awww… You’re so adorable,” you boops the tip of his nose gently with your finger before stepping ahead, leaving him frozen behind. He blinks, scoffs in disbelief before tailing from your back.

 

Without your acknowledgement, two pairs of eyes are observing on you and Jimin from far.

 

“Don’t you think they look really cute together?” Tae tugs on Jungkook’s towel intriguingly.

 

“I know right?” Jungkook says before averting his gaze to the shorter, focusing his eyes on the guy ahead him. He breaks into a sweet smile as he takes his time admiring on every feature on the red head’s face.

 

“Don’t you think we look cute together too?”

 

“I’m sorry?” Tae does not catch the younger’s words since he is too immersed with you and Jimin.

 

“N-Nothing,” Jungkook quickly snaps himself from the trance that he is trapped in and continue to dry himself with his towel.

 

 

You guys are having your lunch together, and the members are joking around about Jin’s being pranked by Tae the other day, while you keep your gaze intensely on the camera and your other hand is stuffing your mouth with food.

 

“My video is full of beeping sounds because Jin hyung literally threw f bombs at me for 5 minutes straight,” Tae muffles through his full mouth as Jimin hands him a glass of water to the guy, just in case if he chokes on his own food.

 

“Yah. You put wasabi in my goddamn cheesecake! If I had no mercy, I would have tie you on the ceiling fan,” Jin says while pointing his fork to the laughing lad.

 

“It’s not just me! Jungkook and y/n- I mean, the girl behind the camera were there too!” Tae almost reveals your name before he quickly replaces it with your new ‘nickname’, earning some glance from the members.

 

“I don’t care if Jungkook or that girl were around. I know you are the man behind of all pranks that occur in this house, Kim Taehyung,”

 

The house electronic bell rings, muting the quarrel between Tae with the eldest as all of you exchange your gazes.

 

“I don’t know we have guests for today?” Yoongi asks.

 

“Jackson’s planning to come over, but he did not mention on visiting this week,” Namjoon informs.

 

“Nope, I invite no one,” Hoseok shakes his head after checking through his chatrooms with his friends to confirm that he did not make any rendezvous for today.

 

As the bell keeps ringing consecutively, you slowly lift yourself of the chair.

 

“Should I… see who’s on the door?”

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I’ll go,” Jungkook taps your shoulder gently before leaving the dining table and vanish from all of your visions. Shrugging it off, all of you proceed with the thing that you guys were just doing just now.

 

“Maybe it’s just a random postma-” Jimin gives a hunch before Jungkook’s voice echoes throughout the house, cutting his words in.

 

“Oh! Nayeon noona?”

 

The members lift their gazes from their plates, to each other, before pivoting their eyes to a particular person in jinx.

 

And that person is, obviously, Park Jimin

---------------------------------------------------------

[A/n]

Oops, do you smell a third wheeler coming?