A (Not so) Peaceful Morning

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

The ivory colour of the dawn sky is slowly fading away, making its way for cerulean to dominate the space. It is 6.30 in the morning, and you really like the dawn picturesque view everyday, it is one of the best thing you love in this world that manage to empty your brain from all of those hectic academic struggles and thoughts you have to bear in school. You are so used to waking up early, since it's your daily routine when you are in the hostel. Plus, as an athlete, you also have some workouts and exercises to do to maintain your physique in good shape and stamina.

 

Tying your brunette, lightly waved, collarbone-length hair as high as you can, you stuff your music player into the pocket of your grey, Nike sweatpants and tuck the earphones into your ears. Making least creaking sound you can while you shutting the door close, you feel kind of relieved to see that there's no one's around. Of course the guys are not awake yet, it's only 6:45 a.m. and their 'office' time is really flexible. You manage to stuff your empty stomach with a granola bar for a quick breakfast before adorning your feet with your pair of white Nike Air. You're a Nike enthusiast, you are willing to throw all of your money to the sportswear company.

 

Starting your routine with light warm up and stretches,you start your daily jogging activity. You admire the surrounding that you are revolved in. The cool, moist air hitting your skin, the serenity, the zero amount of humans strolling around, the mesmerizing pastel colours that are painted on the vast canvas hanged up there and the dews resting on each leaf are your full set of peace moodmaker. That's why you love dawn so much.

 

There's no one's watching you, paying attention at you, talking behind you, walking pass by you. No interactions. That's all you need for you to be relaxed, and you're appreciating every second. When a boy suddenly pops out of nowhere in your vision, and your eyes enlarge because he is somehow familiar.

 

It's Park Jisung.

 

Your step is not halted but otherwise you quickly make a sharp U-turn just to bump into something firm and hard. You hiss in agony when your bottom hit the asphalt, and your hands feel the twinges thanks to the sharp pebbles that are now covering your dirty palms.

 

"Ouch!" you whine in your breath, trying to make the least noise possible because you don't want to make that Park Jisung boy turns his head here.

 

"Hey, are you okay?"

 

Lifting your face up, the immense amount of ray shining behind the silhouette makes you squint your eyes, trying to adapt your corneas with the light intensity as colours are starting to fill up the black silhouette ahead you. As the hues are gushing in, corneas are adapting, you just realize how little the proximity of you with the silhouette's face.

 

And that silhouette is Park Jimin.

 

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" you mutter in confusion with the softest tone you can.

 

You gasp in shock when the blonde literally pick you up from the ground by lifting your abdomen by your waist and make you stand on your feet. Still not answering the question, he coils his fingers around your left wrist and brushes the dirt of your palm and does the same to the other. Heat is accumulated on your cheeks and hue is starting to dust on them too as you witness the handsome, ethereal man in front of you, tenderly brushing his fingers on your palms and the touches are as light as a feather.

 

No, y/n! He's the guy that like to spark quarrels between you. You can't like this kind of jerk.

 

But, hey, it's not wrong to fantasize a little for your own guilty pleasure, right? I mean, who doesn't melt upon this angel's beauty?

 

You quickly avert your gaze before those angelic copper irises meet yours, as you awkwardly remove his fingers off your wrist, rub your nape while chuckling lifelessly.

 

"Well, thank you there," you hastily cough the words off, before you shift your gaze to the softly beaming fluff Jimin.

 

Duality game is too strong.

 

"I was just-"

 

"Is everything okay?"

 

The grey head shoots his gaze sharp to the tall, boyish teen who has his tank top, shorts and sneakers donned on his slender body. Shifting back his gaze forward, he jerks in mere shock as you poof out of his sight in a tick of second when Jimin suddenly feels someone's tugging his jacket on his back. Jimin's brows are crashed together as he sees you scrunch your body behind his back. You thank God that Jimin's body is well-built enough for your flexible body to hide fully behind him. Mouthing out 'shoo him away' to the grey head, Jimin glares at you confusingly before flashes his most mysterious and creepy smirk and then finally turns his head forward to face the boy back.

 

"Yeah, everything's fine," Jimin replies, giving the boy a convincing nod.

 

"I think I heard someone whined just now. Did someone fall or hurt?" Jisung asks again as his face is in sheer concern.

 

"No, no. No one's hurt. Thanks for concerning,"

 

"Okay, then. Nice to meet you. Hope we'll meet again," Jisung curves his lips into a wide, friendly smile before dashing off to their opposite way. After what you think an eternity has passed by, you finally creep out behind Jimin's body, exhale sharply before wiping your dripping sweat of your forehead.

 

"Phew, that was close," you breathe out, panting lightly.

 

"Who's that? He's like 12 or something," Jimin crosses his arms, looking down at you who just get your breathing rate stabilized.

 

"He's taller than you,"

 

"Duhh, taller doesn't make you hotter,"

 

You roll your eyes and then start to jog back to the boys' house, leaving Jimin a few steps behind. However, of course your effort on running away from him is to no avail, since the guy easily chases you back.

 

"Hey, come on, who's he?" Jimin utters you the same question while lightly gasping.

 

"None of your business," you pull your hood to cover your face and block Jimin from invading your vision, even though you kind of getting remotely obsessed with his glittering beauty, but you are sane enough to know that that's not healthy.

 

Jimin pouts, extending his full lips into a cute pout you would regret to not to take at least a glimpse of it. Trying to avoid the topic from ongoing, you open up a new conversation.

 

"You wake up quite early," you initiate, trying to control your panting and breathing.

 

"It's my daily routine. Never wonder how I got this body toned?" Jimin brags while smirking seductively with his brow rises inquisitively. You try your best not to take a peek behind your hood to see the damped shirt of his sticking to his firm chest (that she bumped onto just now) and his packs. You're afraid you'll drool, so restraining yourself from doing so is the best decision.

 

Even when the fact that fantasizing it in your mind already enough to make you drool.

 

"How about you? Never know you're into working out?" Jimin queries. Without your acknowledge, Jimin's eyes travel their way from your long legs, to your perfect round buns, to your exposed athletic abs and your glistening skin that is covered with your sweat. Thanking God when you coincidentally do what he wishes you to, which is to pull the hoodie of your face, his eyes land on your side profile, scrutinizing on your jawline, brown eyes, a few brunette locks sticking on the side of your cheeks and the most amazing thing that Jimin just found out that it could make his entire day.

 

Your dimpled smile.

 

It makes Jimin involuntarily smile too, even though your smile is a little one. Jimin can't imagine if you beam wider, if you grin, if you smirk, if you chuckle, if you burst into laughters.

 

Oh how he wishes to see those.

 

"I have my own morning schedule to maintain myself in pink and good stamina. The school needs me for almost every gymnastic event and competition," you muffle between your gasps as Jimin rises his brow, intrigued.

 

"Wow. I'm speechless,"

 

"Don't overreact,"

 

Both of you arrive at the front of the boys' mini lawn, and proceed right away to your cooling down routine. When the guy is busy doing his stretches, you take this chance to secretly check on his body, and you feel so blissed when Jimin's shirt is slightly lifted, enough to bare a generous amount of his skin beneath, sufficient to make you flushed in heat. You are in gratitude that you just finished working out, so you have a relevant reason if Jimin or the other men notice your red face.

 

Without your consent, Jimin's wild eyes make their ways to the skin beneath your crop top that is getting more uncovered as you are in your element. The grey head gulps when the band of your sports bra right beneath your s make its appearance without you realizing it, and steadily he brings his gaze upward. Your gaze too ventures its way upward, just if your eyes get to savour more enticing view.

 

Your gaze is locked with his immediately when your eyes reach on his copper irises, as both of you just bust each other checking out bodies. Averting your gaze right away, you quickly complete your stretches and bolt away into the house, not wanting to be in the awkward surrounding again. Jimin is about to throw disses to you about checking his body out, but he knows he'll get an equivalent counterattack since he did the same. Therefore, he just snickers in half autocratic and half embarrassed before stepping into the house too.

 

"Good morning, y/n! You woke up really early," Jin greets you from the kitchen, has apron tied around his waist and spatula in his right hand. You quickly amble towards him while wiping your sweat off your face with your face towel.

 

"Yeah, I just had my morning jog. Wow, is this for breakfast?"

 

The buttery smell elicited from the scrambled egg in the pan and the bittersweet aroma of coffee wafting in the air makes your stomach grumbles violently. Shifting your gaze onto the dining table, you can clearly see a few stacks of pancakes, golden brown crust of hash brown and crispy bacons, alluring your mouth to munch everything on the table.

 

"Breakfast for us, maybe brunch for them," Jin responses, as you nod as you perceive his message.

 

"Hyung! I can smell my favourite scrambled eggs!" Jimin skips into the kitchen, excitement sparks in his eyes as he halts his skips right beside Jin.

 

"Oh, hi, Jimin. Done with your morning worko-"

 

Jin brings his words to a sudden pause when the fact that both of the person that he is sandwiched between just got back to this house after a morning routine. Exchanging gazes with both of you and Jimin, he furrows his brow a little confusingly.

 

"You guys jog together?"

 

Jimin and you glance on each other a few seconds, and his playful smirk tells you that a premonition is coming from that human disguised in devil and angel interchangeably.

 

"Hey, hyung! Do you know any of our neighbours that has a son in y/n's age?" Jimin displays his cute innocent smile as his eyes are fully closed, making him look like a cute little mochi.

 

But you have no time to fangirl over that cuteness now as you are searing.

 

"Oh, yeah. I think I bumped onto this Mrs. Park while I'm buying groceries yesterday at the mart. There's this boy like as tall as me showed up behind us when we were having gossips about the neighbourhood and she introduced me to her son. He's very tall and handsome by the way," Jin tells his little story while his eyes watching upward, trying to make a flashback of the scene.

 

"Hyung, guess what? y/n is having a cr-"

 

"What, Jimin?"

 

Jin turns his head to his back just to see struggling Jimin as you wrap your towel tight on his mouth. Rolling his eyes in exasperation to see your juvenile antics, he continues with his job.

 

"Seems like you guys doing great in bonding,"  


-----------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N]

Dang, that's a very long chapter. Oh, yeah, say hi to the cameo (a.k.a my bae that has to call me noona)

JISUNG FROM NCT !

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5a70782d75656663474c457954773d3d2d3638303737323632322e313537393462323761336638333133363430303732333335333937372e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280