Badbye

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

Jimin’s chubby fingers are playing with your strands of hair, occasionally leaving soft kisses on the crown of your head that is resting on his chest. You have been in that position- lying flat on your stomach on top of Jimin, head on his chest, arms around his waist and vice versa, legs tangled- since the first minutes Jimin successfully helped you to escape from the haunted hallway just now. His grab on your waist eases a bit when your body relaxes and your breathing dwindles to a normal rate.

 

“You should’ve just told them that you’re not okay with this,” Jimin mumbles through your hair, not leaving his lips from your head.

 

“I don’t want to ruin the plan. Jungkook sounded so determined. And I really like the idea of them together,”

 

“I like it too,”

 

Silence engulf the whole surrounding, but it’s a comforting one, not an awkward silence. Both of you just keep cuddling, you listen to his oddly calming heart beats and Jimin leaving pecks on your head.

 

“I think I love cuddling. Been wondering what it feels like,” you say, letting out a shy chuckle.

 

“Too bad you’re here only for another two days, and then you’re gone,"

 

“You make it sounds so dramatic, like I’m going to die,”

 

“No, don’t die,"

 

Jimin’s cry makes you giggle as you shake your head, reacting to his childish antics.

 

“I’ve danced with Hoseok, cooked with Jin, played games with Jungkook, did some gymnastic acts in Joonie’s vlog and featured in Tae’s so-called prank. So, what do you plan for me tomorrow, Jiminie?”

 

You lift your head a little, resting on your chin as you meet his crescent eyes. The grey head just simpers as a reply, lightly shaking his head.

 

“I’m not spoiling anything. I guess you should just wait to find out tomorrow?”

 

“Oh, come on! We’re doing it tomorrow anyways,"

 

“It’s a surprise,”

 

“Just tell meeee,”

 

“Eager, are we?”

 

You groan in annoyance and plop your head back to his chest, sticking your right cheek onto his firm chest.

 

“Fine, we’ll see it tomorrow,” you finally give in, beaming coyly when he manages to plant a quick peck on your reddened cheek.

 

Suddenly, you can hear music blasting through the house and deafening gibberish of crowds shouting muffled from the door. You press your palms on Jimin’s chest lightly as you lift yourself up from his body to a sitting position on his lap. Turning your head to the door, you can feel Jimin is also fixing his position, hoisting his back off the mattress to sit. Both of you fix your gazes on the door, with puzzled expression.

 

“Ermm… Why do I think there’s an after party?” you ask, gaze still pivoted on the door.

 

“Well, that wasn’t in the plan,” Jimin mutters.

 

“I guess it’s unplanned then. Tae and Kook must have been really happy they want to celebrate it with their ‘ghosts’,” you add while chuckling lightly before facing forward, when suddenly your breathing stops because the proximity is too close, almost unbearable. You also just realize the position is a little too intimate, you on his lap, palms on his chest, his arms around your waist, faces inches away, hot breath fanning on each other’s faces, hooded eyes and rosy cheeks.

 

Your eyes are travelling back and forth from his eyes to his lips, and you know Jimin is doing the same thing too.

 

“Seems like there’s so much fun out there. Don’t want to join them?” your voice comes out to be surprisingly sultry, almost comes out as a heavy whisper while your hands slither from his chest to let your arms hang on his shoulder, dwindling the proximity that is already been small.

 

“As long as I am with you, every second is so much fun,” the guy replies with a slightly shaky voice, tightening his grip around your waist. Those words make your heart beats violently, you can feel it hitting your chest.

 

The room is dark, with moonlight as the only light source, but both of you seem unbothered. It is enough for you, the light is sufficient for you to gaze into each other’s beauty. Dark brown orbs of Jimin give a graceful sheen beneath the light, attracting you to lean and softly planting pecks on his eyes, and then to the tip of his nose and finally onto his lips.

 

You smile onto the kiss when you can feel Jimin does it the same. A sudden euphoria hits you, realizing that you are too deep at this point of relationship. Your hands that were hanged on his shoulder is now in his hair, and Jimin’s hands that were securing your waist are now on your hips. The kiss becomes more and more heated, with lips biting and tongue , your back arcs beautifully to the touches.

 

Jimin leans away, detaching the kiss as he pants heavily. His gaze falls onto you who are also trying to catch your breath. Jimin thought that you can never be more beautiful. However when the girl in front of him appears with flushed cheeks, swollen and wet pink lips and hazy eyes, he swears he has not much of composure in himself anymore. You look too alluring.

 

“Don’t- Don’t look at me like that,” you hide your face, leaning into a hug and rest your forehead on his shoulder. You wonder how Jimin can stare into you in this messy state with your unruly hair and dribble on your chin.

 

“Babe. How can I leave my eyes off you when you look this… tempting?”

 

Your cheeks turns redder with Jimin’s sudden comment, making you gulp when the guy’s lips are brushing on your jaw.

 

“I want you so bad,” Jimin whispers, breathe hitting on your neck, sending you shivers.

 

“I-I… I want you too,”

 

That’s all it takes to make Jimin’s eyes wide open. You lean away from the hug, quivering eyes meeting his shocked ones. Your words, Jimin is caught off guard by them. Of course you do know what Jimin is trying to hint you about. You know what he’s talking about, you are certain that you’re in the same page with him.

 

“D-Do you know what are you talking about? I can’t think straight right now, baby,” he needs a verbal consent from you. When he tells himself that he’s taking this relationship carefully, he really does mean it. Jimin doesn’t want you to get scarred again, Jimin wants to take this with your pace. So, if you choose to take this to another level, Jimin needs reassurance from you.

 

“Jimin, just take me already,”

 

You being a whiny and needy baby is new to Jimin, and Jimin loves to explore and know you more day by day. Chuckling onto your demeanour, the guy then shuts his mouth and leans closer to you. Your eyelids are making their ways to cover your eyeballs completely when suddenly every motion comes to a halt.

 

Because your phone rings.

 

Frustration is evident on both of your features when both of you lean away from each other. You whisper an awkward, quiet ‘sorry’ to the guy ahead of you before pulling out your buzzing phone and check on the caller’s name. Jimin can feel your body tenses a little when your eyes lay on the flashing screen, so the guy tries to ease you by intertwining your fingers together, rubbing his thumb on the back of your palm.

 

“H-Hi, Mom! How are you?” after clearing your throat, you answer the call. When Jimin hears you, his eyelids are flung opened. Just if the caller knows what her daughter is doing at this moment.

 

“I’m fine, darling. Is everything okay at Joonie’s house? Why is it so loud?”

 

Jimin can hear Mrs. Kim really clear so he, too, is panicked when the question comes out from your mother.

 

“Ahh… Joonie and his friends are just really loud. That can’t be helped,” you reply, snickering as you receive a glare from the grey head.

 

“Oh, well, okay then. Anyway, I’m on my way to Joonie’s,”

 

“Wait, what? I thought you and dad are in States?”

 

Both of your eyes are wide opened, locking gaze into each other, mouths agape.

 

“Fortunately, we get to excuse ourselves earlier! We’re coming there to get you, darling. We can spend other two days together?”

 

The words that are voiced out of the phone make both of you freeze in utter shock. Jimin’s brows are furrowed, eyes not blinking as he can feel your grip on his hand tighter. Confusion is crossed in your feature too, and you are trying your best to register everything real quick and draw out some reasonable excuses.

 

“M-Mom. It’s not like I don’t appreciate your effort to make up some time with me. But I understand that you have work and stuff to do. Aren’t you guys like tired? Jet lag maybe?”

 

“Oh, dear. I know you are just trying to make us feel better. Hey, put yourself first for once, will you, hm? We’re fine, we totally are. You keep telling us that everything’s okay and what not, but I know what’s happening is otherwise,”

 

“No, Mom. I swear I’m fine. Plus it’s just another tw-”

 

“Sweetheart, let’s just go with my plan, okay? Plus, I’m already ar- Wait, why is there so many people here?”

 

And this is when you wish you can stop the time.

 

 

“I can’t believe Namjoon threw a party,”

 

You roll your eyes, arms crossing on your chest, weight sinking into the cushion of the back seat.

 

“He’s 25, mom. He can do whatever he wants,”

 

“Throwing a party? I don’t really care. Throwing a party when you are around? Nope. I don’t allow that,”

“But I’m 19,”

“I know, y/n. But you know our rules, don’t you? No parties before graduating? Even Namjoon managed to keep with that up,”

 

You huff, leaning your head against the cushion and roll it to the side, just to lock your gaze on the starry sky. Innumerable twinkling stars are splattered over the dark azure, making the miniscule spots stand out starkly on the navy blue canvas. There it is, the moon, the ball of big rock that illuminates Jimin’s pair of ethereal eyes just now. You don’t know how Jimin has those sparkly lustre in his eyes that makes that pair so attractive, you can never get enough to get loss in it.

 

However, when you eyed Jimin for the last time just now, you noticed that the sparks didn’t appear. His lips couldn’t form anything close to smile, his hands were kept by his side, no smiles, no waves.

 

Because the goodbye is so sudden, both of you aren’t wholly prepared.

 

The sorrow that was held in Jimin’s eyes just now reflected on yours too. Everything happens so abruptly, it shakens both of you hard. You know that both of you will have to separate ways, but you don’t expect it to be this way. You are not ready yet to say goodbye to him, it wasn’t even a proper goodbye. No kisses, no smiles, no waves, no hugs, no touches, no reassuring words. It’s not like they had no time to do those. They did have plenty time to do such things, but they just won’t have the time to explain to other people.

 

Lets just say everything that is happening right now is not in the right timing.

 

You gulp, trying to erase the sadness away when your eyes are already b with tears. When a tear successfully slips off your right eye, you quickly wipe it away. However, drop by drop manages to find their way to cascade over your cheeks, totally disobeying your brain and being loyal to your heart. You know wiping them away is useless for the time being, so you just let yourself silently sob under the moonlight, gazing on the starry sky with a blurry view.