The Family's Rule

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

Today is indeed a fun day. You get to watch Hoseok dances on live, get to know that Jungkook does dance too, get to dance in the Hope World Studio (this is a good story for Heeyoung and Rina, they’ll be super jealous), get to see the process of choreographing and contribute a little steps into the choreo (which makes Jungkook feel more challenged), get to see how the recording procedure occurs (with the help of Jungkook, the camera director) and get to learn a few steps of the unreleased dance.

 

 

And now you are finally enjoying the privilege to have a Youtuber brother.

 

You feel more light, unburdened, and more comfortable with the two men as a result of spending half of the day together. What Hoseok said is true, you truly feel wonderful. You feel free. You feel like you just got out of the prison of your own insecurity and fear. Every comforting and inspiring word from the men does give positive impacts to you, and you are so grateful with that.

 

“Thanks, by the way, for everything,” you say, flashing your dimpled smile as you prop your elbows on the driver’s seat and the front passenger seat. Hoseok turns to his side, replying your smile with also a dimpled one and successful to elicit one from Jungkook too, who is driving.

 

“Don’t mention it, cutie. You should show this side of you more to other people, to us. You are brave, you are capable of everything, and you don’t have to hide that,” Hoseok sounds so genuine and soft, you almost cry.

 

“I’m just… Well… I’m afraid I mess things up, and I got criticised of that. It makes me look dumb every time I do things wrong,” you open up a little bit about your fear, about the thoughts that keep lingering in your head all the time.

 

“Oh, princess. You do you. Doing mistakes is not something you can avoid, in fact, it is needed in life. Mistakes are the real reason you can improve your potential. Does it make you look dumb? Yes, sometimes. But does that make you dumb? No, it’ll never,” Jungkook speaks while beaming fondly, eyes still on the road.

 

“Criticism is sometimes significant too, because you can know your weakness from that so you can ameliorate yourself in that particular aspect. But, know the type of criticism you can take as feedback. Hate comments and inappropriately harsh words from someone random and non-expert are rubbish. Don’t take those in to your account,” Hoseok adds.

 

“Yeah, the world is a cruel and judgmental place. You can’t prevent that from happening nowadays. Seems like those demeanour are in everyone’s genes in this millennium,” the younger spews the words bitterly.

 

“It’s okay, y/n. We are all here for you. That’s what are friends for. To have your back when you’re feeling like you’re falling,” Hoseok nods his head convincingly, as his smile sends you an oddly calming effect.

 

And you have never ever felt so calmed.

 

 

“I THOUGHT MY SISTER IS ABDUCTED,” Namjoon shouts as he flings his hands to pull you in a tight embrace. You sigh in exasperation, trying to remind yourself that he is your brother.

 

“I’ve texted you, Joonie,” you muffle between the hug.

 

“I know, but you went out for so long it worries me. I have to take care of you,” Namjoon says, unfurling the hug and pats your hair gently.

 

“I think y/n is doing a greater job in taking care of you than you doing otherwise, Namjoon,” Yoongi teases, but earns a menacing glare from the younger.

 

“Okay, kids! Dinner in 30 minutes!” you hear Jin’s voice echoes from the kitchen. When you turn around, wandering your gaze across the house, you just realize that everyone is here, all seven of them. Yoongi has his earphones stuck in his ears while tapping the keyboard, maybe doing some college assignments on the sofa. Hoseok and Jungkook are with her, already in their respective bedroom. Jin is preparing the dinner and you just saw Taehyung and Jimin enter the kitchen, maybe helping Jin with the meal and dishes. And of course, Namjoon is here with you.

 

“Everyone’s here,” you mutter, almost inaudible but Namjoon catches your words.

 

“Yeah, it’s a rule,”

 

“A rule?”

 

“We might not get to eat breakfast, brunch or lunch together, since we have works to do. So, we pick dinner as a meal that is mandatory for each one of us present on the dining table. The rule isn’t only applied in this house, but to anywhere we go together,” Namjoon explains.

 

You nod, enlightened with what the ‘rule’ means.

 

“And believe me or not, we will never skip this routine. If there’s a sudden event or particular appointment that needs us to be absent at the evening, we’ll cancel it right away. It has happened many times to us,” Namjoon adds, and you spot something about his eyes. They twinkle, with warmth and platonic affection.

 

“Like a family. You guys are like a whole complete family,”

 

Namjoon’s smile becomes wider and brighter after hearing your words, flashing his dimples as he nods his head gently.

 

“We are family. And we would like to welcome you as one too,”

 

 

“Thanks for playing the game with me,” Jungkook turns the camera off after recording for two hours straight for a game review for his Youtube channel. 

 

With his channel’s name Golden Closet, most of the content that he offers are reviews on online games, games for playing consoles and what not. His subscribers are also prone to see a few intervals in his uploads with some vlogs whenever he is on vacation. The difference of his vlogs with the others Bangtan members is that he likes to edit it aesthetically, like a very Tumblr-ish one. With background song that suits the vlog and amazing transitions, the vlogs that he always titled them as Golden Closet Film a.k.a GCF, those kind of videos get positive feedbacks by his subscribers.

 

“No problem. The game is really cool by the way. Got sponsored?” Jimin wriggles his brows as the younger nods gently with a few chuckles escape his delicate lips.

 

“How’s your day with Hoseok and y/n? She’s doing fine?” Jimin plops his body onto Jungkook’s bed, lying flat on his back.

 

Jungkook turns his head sharp to Jimin and immediately runs to Jimin, takes a seat on his bed as Jimin gets up to shift his weight beside Jungkook. The younger’s doe eyes are rounded and delighted, and Jimin knows it is a good sign.

 

“You can’t believe how dope she was when she danced this morning. She did Manolo!”

 

Jimin gasps in shock, eyes opened as wide as he can.

 

“Are you serious? Manolo? That’s one of the hardest choreo Hoseok hyung has ever had!” Jimin shakes his head in disbelief, totally aghast with the younger’s words.

 

“I know right? But she did it perfectly. Trust me, she’s hella good. Hands down,” Jungkook exaggerates in his tone, sounding like an aged woman having gossips in a tea party.

 

“That’s good to hear,” Jimin smiles fondly, nodding his head.

 

“But…”

 

Jimin lifts his gaze back to the younger’s. There’s a but? Jungkook’s eyes now are back to his usual cloudy ones, and the intrigue glints in them has faded away in a slow pace. Did Jimin misread his face, his eyes? He thought that everything’s fine overall.

 

“It’s like we were playing a flashback just now. It felt like meeting the old him all over again,”

 

“Him?”

 

Jungkook blinks and then nods gently.

 

“Yeah. Him. Namjoon hyung,”