Rejected

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

Your duty week is really hectic and busy, but you love every minute spending with the members for each of their projects. They are very fascinated to have you in their channels even though you still want your face to be covered. You’ve already appeared in Jin’s channel for his cooking show. You just communicate with your eyes, gestures, a few phrases and head shaking or nodding for the entire process of recording. The lack of communication skills you show makes Jin broke into ton of windshield laughings.

 

You have also appeared in Namjoon’s vlog. Just make a few stunts with your flexible body and you’re done. The whole Bangtan squad seems so impressed when you just practically show off only the basics. For Jungkook’s channel, you spend a whole good two hours playing some random online games. You did have fun playing with the maknae even though you keep losing to him for every game. The fact that he’s over competitive makes you feel relieved to not to try so hard to win for every round.

 

Hoseok has already planned to have you dancing with him for his upcoming video a few days after you visited his studio that day. He also decided to let Jungkook makes his debut on the video that you are going to be in. You, Hoseok and also Jungkook took one week and a half to prepare for the video, to make sure both of you are synchronized and perfectly touched up. The recordings will start this night, after they having their dinner in the Bangtan house. The three of you have been practicing since morning of the recording day, spending all the hours in Hope World Studio. The clock on the wall is showing that it’s already lunch break, so Hoseok puts the practice session on a halt for a moment.

 

“I’ll order some food for us, I’ll be right back,” Hoseok speaks then hastily steps out of the studio, leaving the two youngest in the studio.

 

“Damn, girl. You should join Hoseok with his mentees!” Jungkook plops himself onto the nearest stool, wiping his dripping sweat off his forehead.

 

“What a bummer. My school’s in Ilsan, remember?” you shove your hands in the pocket of your sweatpants, shrugging a little.

 

“So… You’ll go back to your school less than a week by now?” Jungkook asks with his head a little tilted.

 

Flashing a bitter little smile, you nod your head lightly. Damn, the school’s break is going to end soon, and you just realize that you’ll miss so much things in here. Bangtan’s house, their shenanigans and juvenile bickers, their crazy heads, Jin’s delicate cooks and breakfasts, Yoongi’s grumpy face and his Genius Lab, Hoseok’s deafening screams and his cool dance studio, Namjoon’s overprotective acts and nags, Taehyung’s foolish pranks and tricks, Jungkook’s innocent bunny smiles and baby boy culture…

 

And Jimin.

 

You’ll miss everything about Jimin.

 

Every way of smiling from him, either if it’s a smirk, or a sheepish one, or a coy one. Every way of laughing from him, guffaws, giggles, snickers. Every feature on his face, his brown orbs, grey locks, full lips, sharp jawline. His musculature, his firm chest, his thick thighs. His habits, his flirts, his flustered expressions. The morning routine, having breakfast together, the hugs, the kisses, the cuddles, the cute nicknames.

 

You almost curse to have all of those slap on your face at once. The fact that you’re not going to get to listen to his breath after this has almost make you tear up. Thank god he has a channel dedicated only to his voice, at least you can listen to his covers when you’re in the school. But, it’s not the same experience as to hear it in live than to hear it via speakers. Well, you just have to feel lucky that you at least get to hear his vocals in Yoongi’s studio for weeks straight.

 

“We’ll miss you. Well, of course Jimin hyung will miss you the most,” Jungkook teases, but you just sneer and shyly shake your head as a reply.

 

“Imma go have some drink for a while,” you mutter before walking away from the maknae to the water dispenser at the corner of the studio.

 

As you just arrived in front of the dispenser, you can hear the door of the studio is flung open hardly. You thought it is Hoseok until you can hear multiple of unfamiliar voices. Turning your head to your back, you can spot a bunch of teenage boys in t-shirts written ‘HopeOnTheStreet’ on their back. Ignoring the gibberish mess that is starting to get louder, you just pull your hoodie over your head and turn back to get a cup of cold water.

 

After chugging half of the cup down, you can feel someone’s coming from behind, so you just shift a little to make room for anyone to get to the dispenser. You throw the paper cup into the dustbin beside the machine, which makes your proximity with the unknown guy getting smaller. You can feel the boy’s gaze is pinned on you. You feel quite reluctant to reply his gaze, but you mirror his action after a while.

 

And you regret it.

 

Because it is Park freaking Jisung.

 

“y/n?” Jisung’s brow arc inquisitively as his lips are slightly agape.

 

You seem to fail to utter any words, since your vocabulary in your dictionary vanishes out of sudden except for curse words. Gulping down your shock, you clear your throat after inhaling and exhaling deeply. You never expected for this day to come again, especially in Hoseok’s dance studio.

 

Wait, Jisung does dance. And he lives around here. Pfft, of course he’ll join Hoseok’s dance crew, because duhh… IT’S JUNG HOSEOK, KOREA’S MOST TALENTED CHOREOGRAPHER.

 

Okay, this impromptu meeting is indeed legit.

 

“Hi?” you brow quirks, flashing an insincere smile, hinting him that you are indeed, feeling a little uncomfortable.

 

“What are you doing here?” he blinks a little, still surprised to see you after a while.

 

“Well. Just finished fishing. Don’t you see that this is a freaking lake?” you hit him with sarcasm at your finest.

 

“I mean, I don’t know that you dance,” he is caught off guard by your words, but still manages to remain a smile on his face.

 

“I do. I’ve always do. If you have nothing more to say Imma just go no-”

 

“Wait, y/n,”


When you can see his hand is extended out, trying to reach for your wrist, you withdraw a step instantly and move your hand away from him. You don’t know where does the confidence and aloofness comes from. You are also astounded by yourself when you manage to pin your cold gaze on his eyes. They’re charcoal, black, glinting and cute. The pair of eyes you used to admire.

 

Luckily, you already have other new pair to be obsessed to.

 

“I know the last time we saw each other, we were not in good terms. I… Erm... “ the boy suddenly lost his words. His hand is rubbing his nape nervously, while his eyes are wandering around the floor. You can clearly see that he is genuinely trying to talk to you because this guy never stuttered.

 

“I hope you’re not going to say sorry cause there’s nothing for you to be sorry for. Yes, you’re the one who cut the ties between us. But there’s no need for you to apologize because of that, as you could actually see our relationship won’t work in any way. I believe that both of us have nothing to lose from the breakup. If you’re trying to seek for apology, you’re making that the breakup feels like a mistake for both of us. Well, it has never been a mistake for me. How about you?” you bring your hands up to cross them across your chest, eyes still locked on his black irises. The tension that is growing stronger is inevitable, even though both of you are trying your best to make this communication works. If Jisung wants to talk, then this is something he should've seen coming.

 

The words do sting Jisung’s heart a little, listening to how serious you sound like and how much weight for each word carries. Clearing his throat a little, he reluctantly shakes his head a little.

 

“I’ll go n-” you are about to step away, considering that your talk is over but the taller stammers in his words, making you halt your motion.

 

“Wait! I… I uh… I still need to say sorry to you. I was ignorant back then, when we were together. I was being very disrespectful to you and made you feel unworthy. The incident- I know you don’t want to talk about it but I do feel guilty about it. I know because of my ignorance and lack of maturity, our relationship ended up this way. I don’t expect for your forgiveness, but I want you to know that I do feel guilty, it was wrong and I regretted what I’ve done, especially to you…”

 

Tears are welling up your eyes but you try your best not to let it cascade over your cheeks. The memories, you wish you can erase them forever. It’s never about how precious or lovely they were, but how agonizingly painful every each of it for you to store in your mind. You wish you never experience those things. The aftermath of the relationship is too much for you to bear, your pride was scarred, your confidence was taken away, your self-love was seized, only to leave you blemished with self doubts and uncertainty. You hate the way you remember him, the way you remember every memory you and him spent together. They were all toxic, and you regret to not to notice it earlier, or you won’t be this hurt.

 

Now, you are trying your best to recollect the pieces he shattered by his own hands. You know it’s a slow process, but the progress are perpetual. The fact that everyone is here for you, Rina, Heeyoung, Joonie, Bangtan members, Jimin, makes you feel safe, makes you feel in peace. Only just by thinking about them in your head, it is enough to bring a soothing effect on you, enough to draw a smile on your face.

 

Therefore, with a little soft smile, you loosen your fists and speak.

 

“Yeah, you did scar me, deep and hard. But I’m doing decent now. I could say that I’m doing better,”

 

The guy blinks questioningly, confused of your sudden exchange of expression but he just shrugs it off and replies your smile.

 

“Oh… Good to know that,”

 

“Cool. Do you have anything else to say before I head off, Park?”

 

“Erm… Friends?” he pulls his hand out, spreading his palm wide.

 

Your gaze shifts from his eyes to his hand and then back to his eyes before replying...

 

“Acquaintance seems better for us,” you smile before stepping away, refusing his handshake and stride towards Jungkook who is chatting warmly with the teenagers.

 

Jisung scoffs in disbelief before retracting back his hand to his side, running his fingers through his hair. Your words are hunting his mind, he keeps repeating them in his head frustratingly while refilling his bottle with water. Suddenly, the boy can feel a few pats on his shoulder, making him stop from filling up the water and turn to his back to see the owner of the unknown hand.

 

Jisung blinks when the familiar guy he saw around his neighbourhood once when he was jogging appears with a smirk curved on his lips. Jimin crosses his arm before stepping closer just to whisper in the younger but taller’s ear.

 

“You just got rejected, boy,”