Just A Chapter Where You And Jimin Be Spilling The Tea

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

It’s been two hours straight Jimin has been spending his night on the backyard, head lying on his palm on the wet grass, eyes on the glinting stars, lying on his back. He doesn’t feel like to join in the messy crowd in the house or at the pool. Alone, he needs to be alone for the time being. The event that occurred just now overwhelmed him. You left, just like that. And Jimin doesn’t even got the chance to spend tomorrow with you. He already has everything planned for you when your turn with him arrived. Well, seems like the world hates him, huh?

 

He knows you really don’t have a choice especially when your parents has arrived exactly in front of Namjoon’s lawn, and especially when your mother saw the mess. It frustrates him, things that happened just now, things that he doesn’t get to do with you for the next day and the deafening gibberish in the house right now. Party and liquor are Jimin's things, but maybe not now, not tonight. Jimin doesn't want those.

 

Jimin just wants you back.

 

“Jimin?”

 

Jimin startles by the sudden voice by his side. Namjoon’s dimpled smile flashes across the his face, successfully softens Jimin’s tensed gaze as the younger beams.

 

“May I join in?”

 

Letting out a soft, quiet chuckle, Jimin nods in approval. The blue-haired guy settles on the grass right beside Jimin, resting his head softly on the grass and points his gaze on the sky.

 

“You’re not joining them?” Jimin asks, eyes staying still on the stars.

 

“I’m about to ask you though,” it’s weird for Jimin to not to join in a party, especially when the guy's adult life is revolved with parties throwing and red cups. His loss of interest into partying lately somehow caught Bangtan's attention, especially Namjoon, his closest hyung.

 

“I’m just… Not in the mood, hyung,” Jimin mutters.

 

Turning his head towards the younger, Namjoon studies his features. It’s not the usual, all smiley and giggly Jimin. His eyes are not in shape of crescents and his lips are not smiling, but frowning instead. There's not even a sliver of enthusiasm glinting in his eyes when there's literally a crowd on dancing floor, speakers booming with latest pop hits and free ubiquitous beers steps away. He’s being all gloomy and Jimin being gloomy in this very moment is totally an odd thing for the boys.

 

But maybe Namjoon knows why.

 

“Is it because y/n’s not around?”

 

Jimin quickly turns to his side, locking eyes with a knowingly smiling Namjoon. He tries his best to not appear bewildered, but Jimin’s knitted eyebrows and agape mouth makes Namjoon chuckles, totally fascinated by the grey head’s reaction.

 

“W-what?” Jimin stutters in his words, eyes still wide opened.

 

“I said, are you not in the mood because y/n has left?”

 

Jimin purses his lips, trying to build up a safe answer as a reply but he fails. He sighs heavily, and when Namjoon laughs heavier, the younger then knows that Namjoon must have known something.

 

“Hyung, I… I have something to tell you,”

 

“Spill, Jiminie,”

 

Jimin is lowkey scared. He knows things that he is about to say might or might not piss the hell out of his best friend. However, Jimin knows he can’t keep this in forever, especially when he’s in relationship with his own best friend’s sister. It might or might not be a perfect decision to tell him now, but it’s necessary. Namjoon has to know, he can’t bear this as a secret to him anymore.

 

“Hyung. You know me well right? You know how I never do relationships?”

 

“Yeah. Typical you. No strings attached,” Namjoon flies his gaze somewhere else while lightly nodding his head, trying to remember if Jimin had ever told him anything about romantic relationships throughout they knew each other these years.

 

“What if I say… I am seeing someone? I'm having feelings for someone?”

 

Namjoon locks his gaze back to Jimin. The older’s face is unreadable, but it does show that he is trying to comprehend and register in what Jimin just uttered. His reaction is nerving Jimin up. Jimin really hopes he can receive a positive reply from the older, even though Jimin knows he shouldn’t put so much hope on it. We’re talking about Namjoon’s younger sister here, and we all know how protective Namjoon towards his family members.

 

“Jimin, is that someone is… y/n?”

 

Jimin throws his gaze back to the sky, his fingers are fiddling with the hem of his sweater as anxiety is creeping in him. He can’t stay still, the anxiety is too much to hold in. Jimin lifts himself up off the ground, sitting with his legs crossed, body turns to face Namjoon. The older too immediately mimics Jimin’s action, trying to meet the younger’s eyes just to find a pair of quivering irises.

 

“Hyung, I swear to God I’ll treat her good. I’ll never hurt her intentionally. You can make me promise to you everything, anything, and I’ll do it for the sake of her, hyung. She’s different, she’s beautiful in every aspect. The feelings, these feelings she gives to me… I-I have never felt this kind of things before, hyung. I know, she deserves more, and I don’t deserve her at all. But, give me a chance, please? I’ve gone too deep I don’t think there’s any way back now,”

 

A tear that slips off one of Jimin’s eyes without the younger even realizes makes Namjoon in awe by the amount of emotions contented in Jimin’s heart. Namjoon’s heart softens by the view in front of him, by the glassy pair of eyes, the quivering lips, the furrowed brows. Sheer determination mixed with worry crosses on the younger’s features as he practically begging for Namjoon’s blessings and permission.

 

Flashing Jimin his sweet, dimpled smile, Namjoon lays his fingers on the smaller’s shoulder, pressing it fondly and reassuringly. The reaction that is given by the blue-haired indeed makes Jimin relieved a little, but Jimin is dreading for Namjoon’s words.

 

“I’m happy to know that you’ve opened up to commitment and relationships, Jimin. Honestly I am beyond ecstatic for you. You’ve been smiling and laughing more these days. I can see you are genuinely brighter, happier. Your happiness is my happiness, and I really do mean it,"

 

The words manage to draw a smile on Jimin’s trembling lips as he wipes his tears off his cheeks. Namjoon’s dimpled smile reminds him of yours, and Jimin has already missed you even though it’s just only been two hours.

 

“But, Jimin, I really hope you can do this right. I mean, she had talked to you about it, right?”

 

Jimin blinks, a little confused but then immediately gets what the older is talking about. So he nods a little, focusing his attention more to the man across him.

 

“Well. The reason I am shocked to know about this not because of you. But because of y/n. I didn’t know that she would want a relationship after what had happened. I don’t mean that you’re a bad guy, I truly understand why my sister trusts you. But, it takes a lot of courage for her to do that. To trust someone again. To take the risk. You truly are one lucky guy, Jimin. I hope you don’t mess things up,” Namjoon taps the smaller’s shoulder fondly, just to receive a bewildered face from him.

 

“What… What actually happened between them, hyung?”

 

“Oh. I guess she haven’t told you anything?” Namjoon’s brow rises a little.

 

Jimin inhales deeply with his head facing down, eyes shut tightly and brows furrowing, hands - angry. He is feeling angry. He is feeling mad to himself, even though he knows it's not his fault that he doesn't know enough about you, about your past, about how serious you've been damaged from your history, he can't help but to feel less.

 

"She did, just not everything," Jimin replies, with a sullen smile, but hands still tight.

 

“You do miss significant details of her story, homie. But, yeah, it’s not my place to tell you. What I could only say is, she was hurt enough," Namjoon's gaze is pivoted low on the grass, a hint of sorrow, regret and anger mixed together is evident in his chord. He continues after a beat passes.

 

"One thing you should know about her, she handles pain really good, both external and internal, but-”

 

“-but the emotional pain will eat her alive, without anyone realising it, including herself,” Jimin cuts Namjoon’s words, and finishes himself. Of course, of course Jimin does aware of this. This scenario is too familiar to him, Namjoon also once was a victim. This trait is no foreign to him, and he can see this inside of you clearly since day one. It hurts, it hurts to know that you are going through the pain all alone. It terrifies Jimin what are the possibilities and consequences might happen if you can’t get through your unhealthy insecurities well, since Jimin had seen what almost had happened to Namjoon. He wants to protect, to be there for you. However the situation right now is not allowing him to do so.

 

He knows at least that you have friends to rely on, to look for you while you are away from him. Therefore, Jimin promises that he will give his best for you, give everything that you deserve. Nothing could ever hurt you again, that’s what Jimin swears to himself.

 

Even if the thing is himself.

 

 

Those two remaining days are spent with your parents in the house, simply conversing about random stuff and things you do while in your brother’s house, helping your father with cooking and your mother with shopping and much more. It’s hard for you to stop thinking about Jimin in those two days, especially when Jimin should spend a day with you. You have been really excited to know what Jimin has been planning for both of you. Unfortunately, things don’t turn out to be the way both of you wanted. You have been wondering, what had Jimin prepared for both of you? Jimin literally sings for his Youtube channel, but you don’t. You won’t and will never sing, even if the guy forces you to. Then, what had the guy arranged for both of you to do for his channel? You can’t even give any relevant hunch.

 

When Jimin informs you that your relationship with him is not a secret anymore to your brother, you can never be more grateful to know that Namjoon reacted positively to this. You smile for the whole day, making both of your parents feel odd with the sudden behaviour, but they just remain unbothered. There’s nothing wrong for their daughter to smile, something really good must have made your whole day.

 

Good is an understatement.

 

The smile stuck on your lips until you have reached your school, and both Heeyoung and Rina somehow already know that there's something is going on with their best friend. You are unpacking your belongings, arranging them into your own closet, when a hoodie of Jimin is in your hands. It’s the hoodie Jimin had time to stuff it into your bag, just if you would ‘miss his scent’ he said. You cringed at the thought of you missing his scent, the fruity peach smell you would usually sniff when Jimin secretly snuggle into your bed every night. But when you unfold the hoodie, the similar scent is elicited from the piece of clothing making you involuntarily lean into it, burying your nose into the hoodie. Gosh, maybe Jimin’s action is indeed smart.

 

“Girl, I know that is not yours,”

 

You jolt from your seat, turning to your back just to meet two pair of familiar eyes and cryptic smiles flashing on you. Heeyoung and Rina join you on the floor, sitting with crossed legs in front of your closet, sandwiching you.

 

“You bought a new hoodie?” Heeyoung nudges her head towards the hoodie in your hands.

 

“Yo, the hoodie is kinda big though,” Rina observes from the collar to the hem of the grey piece.

 

“I-I got an oversized one. As usual,” you mutter, immediately folding it neatly.

 

“Does it smell really nice? I want to smell it too!” Rina is about to reach for the hoodie when you quickly stuff it into your closet, making the girl retreats her hand back and pulls a pout on her pink lips.

 

“Hey! Give me a try! I want to know what the hoodie smells like too!” Rina whines into your ears, making Heeyoung chuckles into her antics and your annoyed face.

 

“It smells like peach, really fruity and sweet, okay? Got it? Shut your whiny mouth before I tuck your childish into your bed with my own bare hands,”

 

“That’s a weirdly soft threat but hey, I ain’t complaining,” Rina shrugs, being all smiley again.

 

“Why are you being this stingy? We literally share our everything!” Heeyoung voices, eyeing on you who are still busy folding and arranging your clothes.

 

“Nuh-uh. Not that hoodie,” you reiterate, eyes on the clothes, but still could see the glances Heeyoung and Rina throw to each other.

 

“But whyyy? I love oversized hoodies, especially that smells nice,” Rina cries.

 

“Yeah! Me too. Plus, that hoodie does look really cozy,” Heeyoung being pouty.

 

“Heeyoung-ah, what to do? I really love hoodies ~ “

 

“Let’s steal it from her closet, yeah?”

 

“NO! Not that hoodie. You can take whatever hoodie or anything from my closet, except that grey oversized hoodie that smells like Jimin, okay?” you quickly cut their not-so quiet whispers, words slipping out of your mouth swift and smoothly when you just realize what you just have said, and internally cursing yourself for being a stupid. Both of your friends are already displaying their shocked faces, eyes wide opened, mouth agape, probably don't see that coming.

 

Well, you don't see that coming from yourself too.

 

Oh no.

 

“WHAT?”