Fictions

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

“I swear he is the first person that demands people for him to be stalked,”

 

Your unamused face is illuminated by the light from your phone, as you scroll down to his uploads. Jimin is the only one who used his real name for his channel’s name, which is Park Jimin. Your eyes widened in amazement to see the numbers of his subscribers. 7 million, and still counting.

 

Basically, he does covers and mashups with most of the mashups are his project with Yoongi. And none of his covers reach less than 1 million views, which probably makes you stunned. How can you never heard of his cover anywhere? Maybe you have, it’s just you never noticed, since you never heard him singing.

 

Your finger stops swiping further when a title of a video intrigues you.

 

“Love Yourself, huh?”

 

You do like that song, its instrumental is really soft and minimalist. When the first time you heard that original song from the famous Canadian singer, Justin Bieber, you couldn’t stop replaying it on your phone because that song is really your cup of tea. Tapping that video of him, you quickly plug in your earphones for a better sound quality.

 

As soon as his melodious, smooth voice utters the lyrics, you can’t help but melt into it. You are far than astounded, you are stupefied. You can feel goosebumps striking your body, your arms. His face expression that mimicking the emotion of the lyrics of the song is so perfect, and his occasional audible sound of his soft breathes. You can’t believe how talented this man is. His voice for a full length album? Oh yes, please. No wonder he has so much subscribers and viewers for each of his cover. This cover of Love Yourself has hit 57 million views alone. It is worth it though for those 57 million people to spend a few minutes of their lives to this cover of Park Jimin.

 

You literally hit the playlist that consists of all Jimin’s covers and jam to it while doing your homework on the study table. Tapping the calculator as you are doing your calculus, you turn your head to the door as soft knocking comes from your bedroom door. You tap the pause button, not wanting to hear those beautiful voice of his with other noise distractions.

 

“You may come in,”

 

Namjoon opens the door, letting the door ajar and ambles to you, propping his body with his arm leaning on your chair.

 

“Homework, huh?” he glances over the thick sheets of calculus problems of yours.

 

“Yeah, to still get stuck in high school, you know,” you unplug one of your earphones and spin yourself back to continue with your homework. Namjoon is still on your back, wandering his gaze to your papers, your desk, your scattered stationery and then finally, your phone. His brow quirks a little, pique with the thing that is flashed on the screen.

 

“You’re tuning on Jimin?”

 

You blink, shifting your gaze to your brother, back to your paper and then to your phone. You breathe out a curse, and then flash your innocent smile to him while turning your screen upside down, so the screen in on the table.

 

“Ermm… Trying something new?” you utter with your cheeks start to get dusted with hue.

 

“You’re making it more suspicious when you try to cover it,” Namjoon narrows his eyes, looking down on you as you raise your palms, defending yourself.

 

“Hey! I’m being supportive,” you still in your defensive mode. Namjoon just chuckles as he runs his fingers through your soft brunette hair.

 

“Alrighty then. Enough with your homework, let’s have dinner,”

 

You just realize that it’s evening already. Wow, time flies really quick. Putting your stationery back into your pencil case and stacking the worksheets properly, you tail along Namjoon to the dining table. All of them except for Jimin and Yoongi have already present in the kitchen as Jungkook is helping Jin serving the newly cooked dishes into bowls and plates, while Tae is helping Hoseok making some iced lemon tea on the table. As Jungkook sets the dishes on the table, he visits the beverage station for a while just to take a sip of the tea from Tae.

 

Jungkook’s well-framed chest is rested comfortably behind Tae’s smaller back, as the younger props his chin onto the older’s shoulder. Tae feeds him some tea using the spoon as Jungkook holds Tae gently on his waist with his hands. Jungkook exaggerates his astonished expression, making Tae bursts into laughters as he throws his head back, nuzzling his head into the crook of Jungkook’s neck. Jungkook feels a little ticklish as a few strands of Tae’s hair is brushing his bare neck. You notice something distinct between them, between their touches, their laughters, their gazes onto each other, and their cheeks.

 

They’re blushing.

 

You furrow your brows a little, tilting your head. You try to deduce something, wanting an explanation. But, instead going on the thoughts further, you just push them away as your stomach can’t stop grumbling.

 

“Where’s the other two?” Jin asks as he sets his toque (yes, Jin owns a toque because why not) and his apron on top of the marble counter and takes a look to his friends.

 

“Working on some stuff I guess. They look really busy when I saw them about an hour ago,” you takes your seat in between Jin and Namjoon.

 

“Stuff?” Namjoon prompts.

 

“Yeah. I heard about them talking stuff like Jimin’s original single yada yada,” you speak while taking a glass of iced lemon tea from Hoseok and thanking him afterwards.

 

“Oh yeah. He is always busy doing covers in Yoongi hyung’s studio,” Hoseok says while handing everyone their iced lemon tea.

 

“Oh, you’ve entered Yoongi hyung’s Genius Lab?” Jungkook queries in interest.

 

“Genius Lab?”

 

“Yeah, that’s what he calls his studio,” Tae explains a little, taking a sip of the beverage.

 

“You said ‘original single’. What’s that about?” Namjoon asks.

 

You just shrug. You don’t know what that’s all about. Maybe it is about his original song.

 

But, whatever it is, it’s going to be a bop.


 

 

“y/n, I swear you have to commit yourself to the hospital. You’re addicted!”

 

You roll your eyes as Rina nags at you. Fixing your position on bed from lying on your back to sitting with legs crossed, you put the novel that is in your hand onto the bed.

 

“I don’t see addiction to fictions as unhealthy,” you can hear the other side sighs, giving up.

 

“It is unhealthy now, because you refused to hang out with me and Heeyoung here,” Rina huffs in disappointment while you can hear a soft, muffled ‘Yeah! True!’ in the phone which you believe it is from Heeyoung.

 

“Hey, come on. It’s not like I don’t want to join you guys. I’m apparently not in Ilsan now, there’s no way I can reach you guys now,” you reply.

 

“What? You’re not in Ilsan? Are you on a vacation or something?” Rina is in sheer puzzlement.

 

“My parents are currently not in Korea, so yeah…” you don’t know if you should regret on telling your friends where you are now or not. You shake your head lightly, reacting to little shocked gasps that are audible from the other side of the phone.

 

“ARE YOU-”

 

“Don’t freak out, Rina,”

 

“YOU’RE NOT,” you are hoping that Rina isn’t in public, cause she’s literally shouting her lungs out.

 

“I am,” you can hear a ‘she’s what?’ from Heeyoung on the back of Rina’s hyperventilation.

 

“YOU’RE AT BANGTAN’S HOUSE,”

 

Bombs of swears and curses that are thrown from your beloved, Bangtan-fanatic best friends make you burst into laughters.

 

“That’s not fair! I love them more than you do! How long are you staying there?” Heeyoung seizes the phone from Rina who is her bean bag, probably imagining that the bag is you.

 

“A month,” the second series of curse words are resonating from the phone and you can't help but to find it enjoyable to tease your friends.

 

“If you didn’t come back to school without signatures from every member, we’ll call our friendship off!” Heeyoung says, with half jokingly, and half sternly.

 

“Of course, of course. I’ll give you everything you want, girlfriends,”

 

“And don’t forget to bring some stories about your new boyfriend too,” Rina shouts from behind Heeyoung, following by an aggressive Heeyoung shouting in approval.

 

“W-w-what crap are you guys talking about? They won’t get hooked up with a high school student,” you are caught off guard, but manage to say a reply.

 

“Oh, come on, homie. Can’t you see everyone can get caught in your trance easily? You’re pretty and kind. You even have secret admirers in our school and not to forget, Korea’s most popular football player under 19, Park Jisung,”

 

“You know you’re not supposed to bring up that name, don’t you?” you say it with your jaws gritted, slightly tensed.

 

“Oh… Err… Sorry… Crap. I’m so-”

 

“Never mind, if you guys have nothing to say, Imma continue with my beloved novels here,” you cut in Rina’s words, trying to get away from the sudden awkward tension.

 

“Yeah, your dearest fictions,”

 

“Yes, Rina. Fiction is my love. That’s why my boyfriend is also fictional,”

 

“You sound so dignified when it’s actually so pathetic,”

 

“That’s my profession, babe. I’ve never been so proud in this lonely, single journey,”

 

“Whatever, boo. And don’t call random people babe, that’s not how you use it,"

 

“You’re not random people, you’re my friend,”

 

“AND THAT’S WHY PEOPLE MISTAKEN YOU WHENEVER YOU TALK TO OUR SCHOOLMATES YOU DUMB,”

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll be more careful,” you wheeze, nodding your head in compliance.

 

After ending the call, you put the novel that you’ve just completed onto a stack of novels on your desk. Looking at all the novels that you have read throughout the week, you sigh as you just remembered that you have no novels to be read left. Out of the blue, an idea popped up in your mind with an imaginary bulb lighted up above your head. Plopping yourself on the bed back, you scroll on your phone to search for online fictions.When your mind is suddenly thrown to the moments of Tae and Jungkook in their elements, you quickly type their names in the search engine.

 

“I hope their fans are as crazy as them,” you monologue, while waiting for the full searches appear on your screen.

 

“Taekook? Oh, so this ship isn’t new. This fandom is observant,” you smirk, tapping onto one of the books.

 

You are that kind of person that talks and reacts with yourself when you are reading something, and you do it for almost every line. You just can’t stop yourself to overreact on a certain occurrence from a novel overdramatically because sometimes, you just can’t handle but to act like the characters in the story or the author of the story can hear all of your shouts and screams.

 

“URGH I LOVE SOULMATES,” you squeal after done reading the last chapter of the story. That fanfic somehow has made you stan the duo as a couple too. They do look so cute together either in fictions or in real life.

 

Your eyes fall on the section where the website listed a few of their recommendations correlated to the searchings you just have made, and a story sparked your interest but you are reluctant.

 

Because it’s a goddamn Park Jimin’s fanfic.

 

“Well… I-it’s just… A fiction,” you mutter before proceeding to read the story.  

------------------------------------------------

[A/n]

Ok, this chapter is kinda ty. IM SORRY READERS IVE TRIED :'''' But I promise you that there'll be more coming up the next chapter. Love u guys :>>>>>