Just Dance

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

Wrapping your wet hair with your towel, you stare yourself in the mirror after having an invigorating cold shower. You are only in your sports bra and sweatpants, as your gaze is fixated on your s.

 

They're small.

 

Huffing in dismay, you cup both of your s and push them up to make them look more bulged and remove the force a few times.

 

"s. No s. s. No s," you mutter, and then finally let your hands down to be positioned on your hips. A sigh escapes your lips as you shake your head, feeling a little bit down. You don't know if this is funny or not but you are totally feeling insecure with your body, especially when you are lack in terms of your size.

 

"And he's calling me hot? Is he blind?" you scoff in disbelief as you replay a fraction of the small quarrel that the clique was having yesterday.

 

"...I mean like, who doesn't love to know who's the girl who has that dimpled smile? People be commenting, 'aww she's so cute'"

 

"And hot, too,"

 

Slipping your exposed torso with a loose white t-shirt, you remove the towel on your head and start to wipe your damp hair gently. Let's just throw those thoughts away and get yourself ready for today. Moreover, this is your first day living with seven men that does vlogs and stuff for living. You can guarantee that your days in here will never be typical.

 

"y/n!"

 

You jerk as a response, shocked by the sudden noise invading your solitude. Spinning on your heels 180 degree to face the owner of the voice, you give a grim gaze to a smiley Jungkook that is standing on the door frame.

 

"I didn't hear your knocks," you hit him with a little sarcasm, still drying your hair with the towel.

 

"Oh, we don't do that here,"

 

You cross your arms and mentally punch him in the face because you don't want to ruin that boy's pretty face, especially those beauteous pair of doe eyes. Jungkook chuckles as he lifts his palms up, as a calm-down-dont-kill-me sign.

 

"I'm kidding. Sorry, I'll knock next time," he backs off and apologizes, making you smile softly and continue to dry your hair.

 

"What brings you here?"

 

"I'm driving Hoseok hyung to his dance studio. Wanna come over?"

 

...

 

Leaping exuberantly as you and Jungkook tail along Hoseok towards a translucent panelled glass door on the end of the narrow way in the building they are in, you can't wait to see the place where Hoseok spend most of his time choreographing for his channels.

 

You did watch some of his videos back in the school since Rina and Heeyoung are dancers and they always cover Hoseok's choreo. And you can't deny that all of his moves are sick and groovy, it's almost impossible for your friends to imitate 100% similar to him. You do dance a bit, because Rina and Heeyoung always force you to. 'It will make the formation looks more presentable and easy to be arranged,' they said.

 

Thanks to the introduction from your friends and a little spirit booster from Hoseok's videos, you do enjoy dance. It wasn't that hard because you are used to moving your limbs. It's almost as the same as gymnastic, except for the props and profuse stunts.

 

You do know a little bit of Hoseok's channels that goes by the name ImYourHope and ImYourAngel. Yes, Hoseok has two channels. The first channel, ImYourHope, it is a specific channel where Hoseok posts all of his moves and dances, including the choreographies that he does for his clients, modified ones, and a fresh new choreography for western and Asian latest hits. He has been doing this since past 4 years and his fans are really into it. Hoseok also built his own dance crew named HopeOnTheStreet crew, and his protegees are almost as great as him.

 

For the second channel, ImYourAngel, it is more to random stuff he does like behind-the-scenes, tutorials and random dance challenges those are in trend. Both of his channels are doing extremely marvellous, counting in his jobs designing choreos for a few entertainment companies, he surely is living a great posh life not to mention his particularize cabinet that is full only for his Supreme clothing line. Nevertheless, the ball of sunshine never go overboard and is doing a great job in being humble.

 

He's an inspiring guy. And you really mean it.

 

"Oh my god, I'm in Hope World Studio!!!" you squeal in a high-pitched, girlish tone, making the two men burst into laughters to see you this energetic. You practically run across the spacious studio, admiring the wall of mirrors, the shiny laminated floor and a board that displays Hoseok's achievement throughout the years of him being both a choreographer and youtuber.

 

"Wow..." your eyes land on the gold play button that is hanged up on the board, the award that you get when you hit 1 million subscribers in Youtube. And guess what? Hoseok has two, one for each of his channel. Beaming his most sightblinding smile, Hoseok ambles to you, as a hint of embarrassment is evident in his face when you show a little too much of adoration to his stuff. He feels appreciated, and he is really glad to know that you love everything in here.

 

Out of sudden, a song is played, blasting through the ginormous speakers and resounding in the indoor studio. You turn to the front area of the studio and witness Jungkook dancing into the rhythm of the song, and Hoseok quickly joins in, doing the similar dance routine as Jungkook's. You gasp in sheer bewilderment and exhilaration to see the maknae of Bangtan Boys pops his body smoothly to the beat, because you don't know Jungkook can dance. Hoseok and Jungkook makes a fantastic dance duo, and your jaw literally drop on the first second you see them boasting their moves to the song.

 

Their dance routine ends with a dramatic pose and you hop enthusiastically, adoring the men so hard. You run to them with your eyes wide opened and arms flailing in the air.

 

"OH MY GOD, I SWEAR TO GOD THAT IS SOOOO DOPE. JUNGKOOK, I DON'T KNOW YOU CAN DANCE, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING ALL THESE YEARS?" you shriek but try to your best to make it in an acceptable volume, but of course, you fail. The duo laughs at your reaction, and get a little shy with your compliments.

 

"Hey, don't underestimate him. For your information, he co-choreographed like almost half of the dance that I have in my channel," Hoseok informs, receiving a light fist from the younger, making him blush shyly. You are completely shaken up by the new facts you got from Hoseok, because Hoseok has more than 200 videos by now and all of them are stunning.

 

"Can you guys give me a break? I'm internally screaming so hard right now and it hurts," you clench your chest theatrically, as the men chuckle in delight.

 

"Hey, you want to have a try?"

 

Your smile fades away at a slow pace, as you start to debate with yourself whether you should accept the offer or do otherwise. Of course you surely want to gain this once in a lifetime experience since you won't get to be here frequently. Yet, you never dance in front of anyone besides Heeyoung and Rina. Not even to the other girls that you are quite close to.

 

"If you dare to dance, I'll appear in Hoseok's next video,"

 

Your eyes glint in utter anticipation as you lock your eyes with Jungkook's, and you nod in approval with the deal they make. You shift your gaze to Hoseok as the man claps his hands vigorously, in total agreement.

 

It's worth to give it a try, right?

 

"Have any song in mind, princess?" Jungkook asks, totally prepared at the PA system station, fingers on the keyboard of the laptop.

 

"Erm... I tried covering one of your choreos with my two buddies. They're in the dance team school, and they always like to make me try new things. So, if I do bad, don't laugh at me, please," you murmur softly, poking the tips of your index fingers together.

 

"No, y/n. Why would we laugh at you? Trust me, you're going to feel wonderful after you overcome that insecurity of yours," Hoseok says, patting your back tenderly.

 

"True! Empty your mind, and just enjoy it!" Jungkook cheers for you, flashing his comforting smile.

 

You suggest a song, and it makes both of the men raise their brows in agog.

 

"Manolo? Dang, that's an excellent choice," Jungkook types the words down and hits the play button right away.

 

You pull your hoodie right away to cover your face as much as you can. The song is starting and you are having second thoughts.

 

"No, y/n, cast them off," you whisper to yourself, eyes shut close while you muster all bits of courage and self-esteem left in your body. Gulping the fear down, you open your eyes and get ready to the initial pose and wait for the first beat for the first step.

 

And the show starts, as you pump and pop your body to the sick beat, doing your best to apply the steps on their accurate timing, as you fully concentrate on your reflection in the mirror. You don't think of any other else, just keeping your eyes in between the strands of hair that get into your vision and in between your hoodie sharply onto your reflection. The amount of and energy you exert on every step are sparse to make it looks sharp and on point. You are too focused to that extent that you can't hear the men are screaming on the top of their lungs.

 

It's only for almost two minutes after you complete the entire choreo, and you finally can hear your breaths puffing out of your mouth and your nostrils as you just realize how chaotic the studio is, not because of the echoing song, but the deafening shouts from the men. You blink as you fix your stance, standing straight before turning your head to face to the two men who are screaming gibberish while running towards you.

 

"'DON'T LAUGH AT ME?' YOU SAID? I'M LAUGHING TO MYSELF," Jungkook grabs both of your shoulders, as you jerk with his sudden action.

 

"That is the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed in my life," Hoseok fakes his tears.

 

"I did great?" you asks between the gasps of air, slowly pulling your hood off your face and smoothing your hair.

 

"Spectacular, which is an understatement," Hoseok replies right away, sticking both of his thumbs out. You just giggle as a response, quite embarrassed to receive such words from a professional dancer.

 

"I'll make sure I'll do way better than you, Kim y/n. Just wait till I make a powerful debut in Hoseok's upcoming video," Jungkook says, a little stern and with a determined face. You gulp, suddenly feeling remotely intimidated by the maknae.

 

"Did... I do something wrong?" you stutter, asking Hoseok slowly, not wanting Jungkook to hear it.

 

"Nah, Jungkook just feels challenged. He's really competitive to the extent if someone dares him to step on a freaking fire, he'll do it right away. Sounds irrational? That's actually what happened in Joon's vlog a year ago," Hoseok briefs, as you try to digest the new fact about the maknae.

 

Is that healthy? You're not sure. But is that cool? Absolutely.

 

"By the way, where do you get those smooth and flexible limbs?" Jungkook quizzes, confusion is evident in his face.

 

"I'm the school's gymnast,"

 

Both of them give the same reaction in jinx.

 

"Ahhhh ~ That explains everything,"

 

You ask them why and both of them burst into hysterical laughters, making you freeze in bewilderment.

 

"Nah, it's just, we see how Namjoon dances every time we go to the club," Hoseok tries to collect his words between his tee-hees.

 

When your face is getting more confused than before, both of them stop laughing and blink a few times, feeling a little left out.

 

"Err... You never saw him dance before?" Jungkook voices out, scratching his scalp with his finger.

 

"OF COURSE I HAVE,"

 

And you join the men into the laughing mess.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N]

I'm sorry people, I can't control the chapter's length :' please forgive me. 

BTW, Purple Jimin, tho. Bighit should stop snatching my wigs already.

And to our dearest maknae, #GetWellSoonJungkook , don't overwork yourself. ARMYs purple you.

Congrats for all the awards BTS has received in SMA. BTS totally deserves them.

With that, thank you for attending to my TED talk.