Third Wheeling

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

Jimin stirs himself from his slumber when he suddenly notices that there’s no weight resting on either his chest or the side of his bed. Failing to seek for the warmth that he needed, he slowly lifts his eyelids, blinking away the remainder of his sleepiness. 6:03 a.m., that’s what the clock on the nightstand beside the bed says. Plopping himself back on the bed, he pulls the comforter back into his hands as he let the sheet engulfs himself back to his dreamland.

 

However, the foreign sound of something clicking and door creaking makes him bail the intention to proceed his sleep. Opening his eyes anew, he just realizes that the comforter isn’t his.

 

Jolting out of the sheet in abruptness, his gaze wanders vigorously at random directions in the room, before his eyes meet with yours. A short, sharp yell is choked out of his mouth as he stumbles backward, landing hard on the floor. It is evident that bafflement crosses in your feature, but it goes the same as the guy.

 

“W-Where am I?” Jimin stutters, with eyes still darting on you glistening with utter nonplus.

 

You cross your arm before shaking your head lightly.

 

“You’re in my room,” you reply short, as what you assume as a relief sigh escapes the guy before you.

 

“So, it wasn’t a dream,” Jimin entangles himself from the comforter and lifts himself of the ground, shifting his weight back on the bed.

 

“What were you doing in this early freaking morning?” the blonde rubs his eyes lightly, as a small cute yawn decamps off his mouth.

 

“I got up. That’s it. I’m already used to waking up at 5 or something in school,” you wipe your wet face with a towel before hanging it upon a hook. Jimin eyes you as you loiter around the room, before shifting your weight on the bed beside him. You can feel your cheeks heated up when Jimin’s fingers sneakily catch your fingers and immediately intertwining them.

 

“Y-You’re not going to sleep? I can wake you up when it’s time to go for our morning routine,”

 

“I love it that you use our morning routine,” Jimin mutters with his morning hoarse voice, making you fluster. The redder you get, the happier Jimin gets. The guy doesn’t know why, but the timid version of you is his number one favourite out of all your personality. The hard-to-unsee rosy cheeks of yours will never fail to make Jimin falls for it over and over again. Your apprehensive side will always be his admiration, he almost coos on your reddened cheeks.

 

Jimin brings his unoccupied hand to cup your cheek before planting his plump lips onto it fondly, just to find that the hue on your cheeks are changing to a wilder shade. You roll your eyes annoyingly as the blonde head coos at your mannerism.

 

“Let’s cuddle,”

 

Both of you get into the position, with your back presses gently on Jimin’s firm chest and his arms looping on your waist. You can feel the tip of his nose and his lips grazing on your scalp, as the guy snuggles his face into your hair deeper. You can’t help but to let out a giggle when he softly plants another peck on the crown of your head. Leaning onto his touch, you rest your palms on his hand, the ones that are hugging your waist before giving them a gentle squeeze.

 

“I still can’t believe this. We used to throw daggers and mocked on each other, but now, here we are, having a cuddling session,” you murmur, brushing your fingertips on the blonde’s skin.

 

“Don’t deny we’ve fallen for each other ever since. We checked on each other’s body on the first morning we jogged together, remember?”

 

You throw your head back as you chuckle shyly, unable to retaliate his words.

 

“Hey, sweetheart. I’m curious,”

 

“Spill, Jimin,”

 

“Who’s your first kiss?”

 

You snort, trying your best to hold your chuckle from rolling off your lips. Shifting your position so you can have a full view of his pouty face with your palms resting on his chest, you flash him a meaningful smirk.

 

“You’ll be shocked to know who,”

 

“Is that Park guy?”

 

You fake a surprised face before bursting into more titters, shaking your head lightly. Confusion and curiosity glints in his mesmerizing brown irises, making you satiated with the reaction you receive. The brows of his are beginning to furrow harder as the blonde squints his already narrowed eyes.

 

“Okay, stop with that. Heeyoung is my fir- Wait. Or is it Rina? I don’t know, I’m not sure who comes first but either one of them,” you say bluntly with a straight face. However, it’s hard to remain a stoic expression when the guy’s eyes widen with shock as he gets to take the new informations to his account.

 

“I don’t know you’re… bi-”

 

“NO! JIMIN, WHAT THE ACTUAL F-” you can’t continue your words. The misinterpretations Jimin rises in him are just too funny to handle, it’s impossible for you to contain the hysterical laughters. Trying to gain your sanity back after breaking into a laughing mess for a few consecutive minutes, you enlighten him with some remainder of your chuckles.

 

“Heeyoung and Rina are my besties. We used to play around, passing froot loops and other cereals with our lips. Well, high school girls, what do you expect?” you nudge him as the guy’s expression softens to hear your explanation, making him beaming sheepishly.

 

“Glad to hear that that Park guy never kissed you,” his smile widens, making his eyes disappear, creating cute pair of crescents. But the crescents slowly fade away when you tilt your head a little, humming in hesitant.

 

“Ermmm… I just mentioned about my first kiss. You haven’t heard about my first kisses, Jimin,”

 

 

Maybe Jin finally understand what third wheeling feels like.

 

When he sees both of you and Jimin literally choking on your own laughters entering the kitchen right after your daily morning routine, he still can endure the scene. The unusual shade of redness and strange overlack of breath that both of you show - the second thing Jin notices - does make the older feels a little suspicious, but he just brushes the thought off. However, when Jimin initiates a cliche K-drama scene in front of Jin’s own eyes, his adoration to both of your interactions is completely displaced with exasperation.

 

The umber-haired guy silently gaze on Jimin and you who are sitting across him on the dining table while slowly chewing his scrambled eggs in his mouth. The blonde’s act, swiping the pancake syrup off of the corner of your lip is indeed sweet. But Jin feels like puking his eggs back when the younger guy brings his thumb - the one that he uses to wipe the syrup off - to his lips before it.

 

The pancake that the older has swallowed tastes awfully bitter when he witness the same thing again, and Jin does believe that you purposely smear the syrup on your cheek. And when the shiny dulcet liquid is glossing almost completely on your lower lip, and when Jin can actually detect the hungry glints in Jimin’s eyes, he immediately drags the chair backward, creating a noise loud enough to distract the lovebirds from both of your own world.

 

Both you and Jimin pivot your gazes on the older who’s standing straightly, plate with barely touched pancake in hands, clearing his throat and walks away to the sink.

 

Yoongi doesn’t know why, but he feels oddly disturbed.

 

Jimin and you hanging around in his studio is a normal thing. Yoongi really doesn’t mind any guests in his studio as long as they behave and not to touch anything carelessly. You are doing a great job in giving feedback and suggestions on his products for past days you’ve been here, so he wouldn’t care much. However, when every time Yoongi spins his seat to take a glance on a practicing Jimin, the older will also spot a totally whipped you staring at Jimin singing with pair of rosy cheeks, half-lidded eyes, hands cupping your own face and a coy smile.

 

“Stop staring and do your work,”

 

“You attack me with my own words. I’m hurt,” you fake a heartache as you clench your chest dramatically before both of you break into giggling mess.

 

Yoongi rolls his eyes, shaking his head and continue with his work because he’s tired to see both of you keep giggling for past few hours in here.

 

Namjoon have never felt to be a third wheeler this bad.

 

His energy is quite drained out due to sitting too long in front of his monitor, editing his vlogs and such. So he decides to take a few minutes to drink some water before continuing his work. Sauntering his way to the kitchen, his eyes are met on a pair of teenagers lounging on the couch.

 

And of course those teenagers are you and Jimin.

 

Namjoon is aware by the fact that you and Jimin been clingy to each other these days. You guys are too focused on the movie that are playing on the television, therefore Namjoon doesn’t want to bother you even though the fact that his little sister and his best homie are attached together by the hips is kind of alarming.

 

Jimin digs his pocket and pulls out a lollipop before unfurling the wrapper. The rustling sound interrupts your attention on the screen, making you turn to the person who already has his lollipop in his mouth.

 

“What flavour is that?”

 

After taking a slow on the whole surface of the candy in his mouth, Jimin pulls the stick of his mouth before replying.

 

“Grape. Want this?”

 

“Sure,”

 

Namjoon, who has his back towards both of you while listening to the short conversation hurriedly spins his heels to his back. In no way Jimin is sharing his lollipop with his sister, not without his permission. When his gaze drops on both of you, bafflement crosses his features as you have a lollipop in your mouth, and Jimin’s is still in his. You notice your brother’s bewildered face, but you just remain a deadpan expression.

 

“Yes, Joonie?” you mumble through your lollipop.

 

“N-nothing,” Namjoon stutters before ambling in a very slow pace with sharp gaze like a hawk fixating on Jimin. After the older’s figure is completely vanished from their vision, both of you break the acts and release a relieved sigh in jinx.

 

You lean your head against the couch and turn to your side just to find Jimin with his lollipop already in his hand before he speaks.

 

“Hey. Pineapple . Can I have my grape back?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/n]

This one is kinda short, ehhe. Don't worry, there'll be more to come :D