Promise

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

The lights are not switched on in your room. Despite the darkness, both of you still can find each other’s faces illuminated by the moonlight. Jimin lies on your mattress on his side, resting his arm on your waist as you also lie on your side, facing him. You don’t know what this feeling are, what are you experiencing right now, and what have just happened at the pool. This is too odd to be real, you think. You have so many doubts and questions playing in your mind, but you are too scared to ask, too terrified to hear the truths. You know you shouldn’t give your trust that easily, but you can’t help with these new feelings you’re having, they feel so right even though you know how risky it is to hold onto those feelings too much. You don’t know what’s worst yet to come. However, the beauty that is lying ahead of you is making your heart to pat your brain to stop with those thoughts and just enjoy the moment now.

 

“What’s in your mind, sweetie? I know you have something to say,” Jimin voices softly, his divine voice that sounds like as lullaby.

 

You wander your gaze somewhere else, trying to escape from meeting from his eyes. After having a debate with yourself, you sigh, shutting your eyes close before opening them back and lock your eyes with his.

 

“Why… “ you sigh. Why me? You are not sure if the question is actually necessary. Insecurities and self-doubt keep hunting you, but you can’t make that as reasons for your hesitant to this relationship. If you keep questioning your faith on his and also vice versa, this relationship can never be a successful one.

 

That’s why you have never dated anyone, after him.

 

Suddenly, you can feel the weight on your waist is lifted, as his hand finds yours. He slips his fingers in between yours, bringing it to his lips as he plants a soft, gentle kiss. The grip is fond and tender, but you can sense a strong feeling that no matter how soft the grip is, he’ll grip it till the end of the world.

 

“This is the sweater that Namjoon bought for you, isn’t it?” Jimin asks out of sudden. It is such a random question, but you just nod for a reply.

 

“He also has bought you watch, some crops, dresses and also those Nike Airs recently, if I’m not mistaken?”

 

You sneer softly. “How the hell do you know that much?”

 

“Because, I am the one who hand picked them all for you, darling,” Jimin flashes his sweetest smile, an adulterated sincerity and not a playful one.

 

“All of them?” hint of bewilderment and astonishment are evident in your voice. Jimin notices that and his smile turns into shy snickers.

 

“Yeah. Joon hyung said that you like everything that I've picked. It kinda astounded me at first, to know you would like everything that I would like for a girl to wear. You don’t know how happy I was to see you wearing the crop and the sneakers the first morning we jogged together. And I noticed every piece of clothing that Joonie hyung gave you all this while, including this Balenciaga sweater,” Jimin tugs on your sweater a little.

 

“And, damn, you rock everything that I picked for you! Thoughts on being a model?”

 

You are thanking God that the room is dark. The hue is playing its role again, and you can’t remember for how many times you’ve blushed just that night.

 

“I’m not that pretty, Jiminnie…” you murmur softly, as you play with his turtleneck, picking on the fabric on his chest.

 

Out of the blue, the blonde gets up from his lying position, as he clambers on top of you, trapping you, placing his palms on the mattress at both sides of your head and locks your bottom in between his knees.

 

Jimin runs his fingers into your brunette locks that are splayed on the mattress, admiring how soft and shiny they are. His gaze fall on your dark brown eyes as they glint due to the moonlight reflecting over them, and then to your flawless, smooth tanned skin, your full lips and your dimples. He brushes the tips of his fingers onto your pinkish cheeks before putting his palm back at its initial position.

 

“Can you stop being humble about your looks?”

 

To be honest, Jimin has fallen for your gorgeous looks since the first step you took into this house. To Jimin, or actually to every member of Bangtan squad, your looks are more than average. The skin colour that you own that is a few shades darker than a typical Korean girl’s skin has never blemished your beauty. Moreover, that’s the most significant trait of you that successfully caught Jimin’s attention the most. He loves to see hue to colorize on your skin every time you blush. The dark rosy shade that is produced looks really aesthetic and hard to be unnoticed. It is sad to know that you doubt your own looks when you are the reason Jimin loses his concentration whenever you’re around.

 

The grey blonde leans in again for a slow but passionate kiss, as he plays with your strands of hair and tugs them behind your ears. Unknotting the kiss, as you slowly open your eyes back, you pant softly under him.

 

“I don’t want you to take the wrong meaning for this. But I’m not into you just for your looks. However, my dear, you still have to know that I need to see your smile everyday to make my day complete, the mixture of the colours of your skin and pink blush is my most favourite colour in this world and your brunette hair that has the same colour of your eyes compliment your looks oh so faultlessly,”

 

You beam shyly beneath him, trying to digest the words that he just uttered.

 

“What makes you more precious is, your heart. That’s what matters the most, the only beauty that remains permanent even if we become older. But, it’s too fragile. Your heart’s too weak, and I can’t let that happen,”

 

Jimin falls on your side and manages to lock his fingers with yours, rubbing on the skin on your hand tenderly, and the next words come out from his mouth truly makes your tears threatened.

 

“I’ll wait for it. The time when you’ll finally put your trust fully on me. I’ll wait,”

 

Your heart beats uncontrollably, as you just forget how to breath properly. Pursing your lips, attempting on holding the tears from cascading, you swallow down the lump in your throat. He knows you, he understands perfectly the insecurities that are confined in you, and he utterly comprehend how difficult for you to ignore them away, and it would take time, or at least all fragments of courage left in you. And now, he’s willing to wait for you.

 

Shifting your gaze from the ceiling to the brown irises that have been fixing its gaze on you ever since, you’ve made your decision. If he feels that risking his time for you is worth for him even if it takes for his entire lifespan, then, risking your heart for this man might also be as equivalent with the weight of his sacrifice.

 

Just this one last time, y/n. And no more.

 

“What is it, babe?” Jimin flashes his sweet smile as his brow quirks.

 

You shift your weight to move in closer to his body as you slip your arms to loop around his abdomen, hiding your face fully on his chest. You press your forehead on his firm chest, clenching the fabric on his back in your grip as you muster your courage to spit the words out.

 

“I trust you,”

 

Jimin’s eyes widened with your abrupt statement. He rests his arms around your waist as he makes the space between your bodies vanished.

 

“W… What?” Jimin breathes out, prompting for a confirmation. He’s afraid if he misheard you. Those words are too real to be true, he thought he is fantasizing.

 

“I trust you, Park Jimin. And don’t make me regret this. You wouldn’t like it,” your voice muffled as you shift yourself to nuzzle your head into the crook of his neck. You can feel the muscle on his head are shifting, you believe that that is a smile.

 

“Never, y/n. Never,”

Typical dawn, typical routine, typical sports outfit, typical partner.

 

But, new label.

 

“Thank God you kick me out last night. The hyungs came back home right after I got into my room,” Jimin mumbles through his full lips, smiling at you sheepishly while both of you jog together.

 

“I have to literally kick you off my bed to make you get to your room,” you roll your eyes.

 

“I know it’s hard for you too, sweetie,” Jimin teases, still have the same smile gracing on his lips.

 

“Shut up,” you pull your hoodie over your face, hiding your red face to the chuckling Jimin.

 

Jimin manages to persuade you to have some rest at the similar bench they went last time, when Jimin told you the long version of how Bangtan members met each other. He hands you one of his earbuds to you as you take it from his hand without questioning. Leaning both of your backs against the bench leisurely, Jimin hits the play button on his phone. A few seconds of silence fill in your ear before it is followed by a familiar acoustic instrumental, but now, with a person singing included. And of course, the owner of the sweet voice is none other than Park Jimin.

 

“Title of the song?” you mutter with a soft smile.

 

“Promise,”

 

You hum in approval, as silence steer into both of you back. You are drifted away into the song a little too far, you don’t even realize that Jimin’s staring at you who’s swaying her head gently from left to right. You are too engrossed into the acoustic song, you’ve fallen into the tender guitar strumming instrumental, and also to the heart-warming lyrics.

 

I want you to be your light, baby, you should be your light,
So that you won’t be hurt, so that you could smile,
I want you to be your night, baby, you could be your night,
So that I could be honest to you tonight.

 

Your lips curved into a touched smile involuntarily. The words mean so much to you, you can perceive everything that he’s singing to. Instead of depending on someone else to make you feel better, remind you to be stronger, it is better for ourselves to be the one who can do those for us. You should be your own strength, you should light your own way, because people can’t always be by your side to hold you from falling apart. If it’s not ourselves that help us to breakfree from the frantic life we’re living in, then who else should? Other people can just be a guidance, but the decision-making is on our own hands.

 

For Jimin, for your brother, for Bangtan and for yourself, you’ll try to toughen yourself. Put more faith and love onto yourself and start to embrace the flaws as your perfection that people have no rights to disgrace them. Endure more hatred and bitter reality and attempt your best to make the world a better place again. You know you can do this, there’s so much great individuals revolved around you that put their trust in you, and why can’t you do it for yourself?

 

You smile to yourself, gaining more confidence and determination than ever as you keep listening to the song. The chorus repeats itself once again when the new lyrics afterwards make you smile wider. You feel your hand is captured into the other’s grip as you shift your gaze to lock with the eyesmile. Jimin presses his other hand onto his earbud, signing you to listen. Hence, you obey.

 

Promise now to me, oh-oh, even if you feel like you’re alone, oh-oh
Several times of the day oh-oh, don’t throw yourself away, oh-oh

 

Throughout the lyrics, Jimin can’t help but to blush to see a proud and thankful smile curving on your lips. Jimin quickly sticks out his pinky finger to you, making you a little taken aback.

 

Let’s stop here for a moment.

 

You intertwin his pinky finger with perplexity.


Intertwine our pinkies.

 

And then both of you chuckle softly, as you finally just remember how the title, the lyrics, Jimin’s sudden cute action and your problems correlate.

 

Now promise me.

 

“I promise,” you gently murmur, smiling over the interlocked pinky fingers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/n]

I mean like, damn, Tae's pinky is like the size of my middle finger like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Btw, thank you so much for your comments! I am very happy to know that you do enjoy this story. I really do appreciate all of your comments :)))))))))) Please have a nice day and I hope my fic made your day! (Also stream Promise/Scenery and every good stuff, it'll help to make your day better ngl)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f32473277595a3634706b63465a413d3d2d3639383337343538392e313538353838613136353934373338383831363737393137373036332e6a7067