Home Alone (?)

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

It has been 12 days since you first stepped into this palace of seven bunch of crackheads, and you’ve seen and learnt a lot. Like for instance, Jungkook can spend almost most of his hours sitting in front of the monitor, either for videos editing or playing games. You also get to experience playing with animals like hairless cat and crabs, thanks to Taehyung. Namjoon was in sheer delight when Tae surprised him with tiny crabs covering his carpet in his room. Besides that, you also get to spend plenty time in Yoongi’s Genius Lab, discovering how talented the grumpy man is. Jin, the food enthusiast could swallow three big bowls of ramen just by himself, and you were shocked to get to witness it live. About Hoseok, you are excited to participate in the choreo that will be performed both you, Hoseok and of course, Jungkook. In less than two weeks, you’ve done and seen a lot, and your preparation for the role that was promised is about to complete.

 

You are busy doing the dishes when suddenly you hear a commotion from your behind. You turn to your back, just to see a panicked Taehyung running across the house with stacks of jackets in his hands.

 

“HYUNG, HYUNG. HELP ME. I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR,” Tae yelps, tugging Yoongi’s black, short-sleeved baseball jersey.

 

“Just where whatever you want. As long as you’re not . But it’s not a problem if you want to, though,” Yoongi mutters, with his eyes on his wrist, donning it with his Rolex.

 

“YOU’RE NOT HELPING,”

 

“Where are you guys going?” you step out of the kitchen while wiping your wet hands with a napkin as you watch the two dressed up and followed up by another few of the members. All of them are fashionably dressed up with their own style, and they also have their makeup and jewelleries on.

 

“Well, err, we have some get together event- okay, cut to the chase- we're going to a party,” Namjoon tries to use a more oblivious word, but he knows you won’t understand it.

 

“Ah…” You nod, understood.

 

“All Korean Youtubers all over the country are going to be there! I can’t wait to see Jae and Amber, and also other dorks,” Hoseok claps his hand eagerly as he hops around the living room.

 

“Hey, Hoseok. Don’t waste your energy here. You’ll need plenty to spend at the party,” You sneer to see the hyped boy getting overjoyed. What a mood.

 

“I’m sorry we can’t bring you along. It’s not like we can’t bring along anyone, it’s just… Well… You’re still in school, though,” Namjoon pats your hair gently, as you flash your sweetest smile fondly to the handsome brother of yours. His bangs are gone, only letting a few strands of his blue locks brushing his forehead. His eyes look sharp with the perfect amount and thickness of eyeliner he applied on.

 

What a perfect brother you have.

 

“I know Namjoon. I know you’re just worried. It’s not like I would go with you even if you offered me. I’m not into party much, maybe not now,” you tap his shoulder, smiling reassuringly as the guy ahead you furrows his brows, concerned.

 

“I’ll be back early, okay?” Namjoon pulls you into a quick gentle hug, as you quickly shake your head, disagreeing.

 

“No! Don’t. Have some fun, Joonie. I’m okay here. Get yourself laid or something,”

 

“WOOOOOW! YOU HEARD THAT HYUNG? THAT’S FROM YOUR OWN LIL SISTER,” Jungkook, and also all the members present in there pin their gazes on you, totally caught off guard with your words.

 

“Where did you lea-”

 

“Okay Namjoon! Let’s stop this chit chat and head off first, yeah? y/n, tell Jimin we’ll go ahead first and make sure to be quick. OKAY, LET’S GO,” Jin swiftly grabs Namjoon arm and hauls him outside of the house, followed by a small crowd of the members behind. You shake your head, giggling softly with their childish demeanour. As you turn behind to make a beeline to Jimin’s room, Jimin has already planted his feet on the floor.

 

You gulp.

 

You thought that Jimin can’t be more alluring and ethereal.

 

What is he? Aphrodite?

 

Black turtleneck, denim jackets and jeans are perfectly fit with his well-built but small frame, looking like that outfit is only existed just for him. His grey blonde hair is parted slightly left of the axis of his hair, silver rings adorning his chubby fingers and multiple earrings hanging at his earlobes. The smokey eye makeup and his faint pink plump lips make himself more enticing. You swear you can feel your heartbeat is beating wildly and your teenage desires and hormones are raging in you.

 

He’s stepping closer.

 

You are endeavouring to keep your gaze on his eyes, not to his lips.

 

He stares you down.

 

When you can feel the tension is getting more intense, failing on keeping your eyes from where it supposed to be, you suddenly can feel Jimin’s fingers running gently through your brunette hair. The touch is gentle, and you can sense that the touch is not in that way. It’s not lustful, it’s not lecherous.

 

And when you lock your eyes back to the man’s now grey irises, you can spot the emotions his having by the hints in his eyes and his creases on his face.

 

He’s worried.

 

“Are you going to be fine? Here? All alone?” he plays with your hair, flowing his fingers from your scalp to the tip of the end of your hair on your collarbone. Your breath hitches when you can feel the tips of his fingers brush upon your exposed skin around your collar.

 

“Hey. Relax! I’m a grown up girl, remember? I don’t need anyone to babysit me. Just go have some fun,” you take his hand and give a firm grip before letting it go.

 

“Do you want me to stay?”

 

You hastily shake your head, as your heart melt with his sudden offer.

 

He’s only concern for you because you’re Namjoon’s sister, y/n. Bear that.

 

“What bullcrap are you saying? Look at you! You’ve fully dressed up, looking all handsome and stylish. You shouldn’t miss the fun you’ll get to have at the party,” you say, flashing your most fake smile when your heart is twinging like hell. The bitterness of truth is totally contradicted to the sweetness of deceit.

 

Jimin manages to pull a smile, even though a little, bitter one.

 

“I wish I can bring you along, but the massacre in the party would just only cause a lot more risk to you,”

 

“That’s why I’m not going even if you forced me to, Jimin,” you sneer.

 

“I won’t, sweetie,” he says, before ambling pass you, leaving you flushed in crimson.

 

“Lock the doors. All of them. Make sure all the sliding doors and the windows are closed and locked. Call Namjoon hyung if anything happens. Don’t switch off the living room’s lights and no swimming or strolling in the lawn for tonight, okay sweetie?” Jimin advises, with a slightly serious face and stern chord in his voice. You nod compliantly.

 

Jimin places his fingers on your left cheek and plants a chaste kiss on the other, as you giggle to hide the butterflies in your stomach and the nervousness that is evident in your face. The man quickly runs to the door and gives a you light wave before vanishing from your sight. You reply the wave and smile, standing on your same position until the roaming sound from his car engine becomes fully inaudible.

 

You drop on your knees, as you can’t handle the heat that is accumulating on your cheeks. You break into a bomb of f words, cursing at yourself from having this kind of feeling. It’s not like he’s doing that, concerning about you and all, because he likes you. You’re part of his family, Namjoon’s little sister. He only sees you as a little sister, nothing more and apparently nothing less. That kiss is platonic, maybe not for you, but for him. He’ll end up hanging out and making out with the girls in the party though. On second thoughts, you just realize that you don’t stand even a chance to be his girl, since you’re just a high school kid. Of course he only has his eyes on someone that is hot in general, fulfilled the beauty standards, and someone in his age.

 

You’re just a lameass kid that doesn’t know how to have fun. You’re not fun.

 

Sighing in dismay, you switch the fans off and head to your room, plugging your earphones on, and start to do your mathematics sheets.

 

 

You can’t concentrate on the equations at all, you can’t even solve one problem from the past two hours. Your thoughts will always fly back to Jimin’s gorgeous physique, to his kiss on the cheek, to his angelic voices and then back to the crappy thoughts of you having a hard crush on him. It’s only almost two weeks since you’ve been here, and that already sounds stupid enough.

 

You have never been this smittened to a guy, not even Park Jisung.

 

I’m having my PMS, innit? That’s why I’m getting a little sensitive, huh?

 

Since your brain is not in the mood for those numbers and symbols, (you thought that Maths are only consists of numbers when you’re in elementary, and when you suddenly discovered xs and ys in Maths, you also learned more terms and words. Like, curse words,) you feel bored out of sudden. You head to the living room and switch on the television.

 

You are too used to the environment in your school of not having television around, which has eventually dwindle your enthusiasm towards the technology. For 30 minutes straight, you just switching the channels back and forth, from cartoons, to romcoms, dramas, movies, sports, entertainments, comedies, international channels, news and what not. Nothing intrigues you, hence you switch the television off back and sprawl on the couch lazily.

 

Urgh, this boredom is killing me.

 

You shift your gaze to the clock against the wall, as you let out an exasperated groan because the needles are showing that it’s only 11.00 p.m. It may have passed your curfew, but they have no curfews to obey. Since they’re attending a party, they might be back in a few hours more, at least after 1.00 a.m.

 

Or maybe not at all.

 

You curse yourself when you’re the one who told Namjoon to get himself laid. And the other six guys most probably be doing the same thing. You suspect that they actually used to bring girls or guys into their rooms, maybe Namjoon set some momentary rules for them since you’re around. Because your innocence, your eyes and also your ears are precious, Namjoon would have used that reason.

 

You click the sliding door lock open, and push the door away. You know you just did something that the oddly over concerned Jimin might kill you, but it’s not like he’s going to be around for any hour by now. You dip your calves into the freezing water of the pool as you shudder to the coldness that is striking you, making you in goosebumps. The cold ceramic beneath your bare thighs give an odd soothing effect to you. You like the coldness of the night, since you always feel hot and become a little sweaty at night. You always change your sweatpants to your shorts before going off to sleep.

 

You let the the music soothes your mixed up emotions, as you motion your legs in circles, watching the water waves propagates with the same shape. Swaying your head gently to the song by Paramore, The Only Exception, you let the emotion from the song syncs with yours, as you empty your mind.

 

When suddenly, an unknown hand covers your mouth tight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/n]

Here's a photo for a better visual reference of Jimin's party outfit WEEHEE

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f52546f6e4b6273744d6b685338773d3d2d3639353932333731322e313538336334656635313930383864323530353231313337353936372e706e67

Your welcome.

Oh, yeah for anyone who wants the answer for Jin's dad joke. Here it is.

Jin : Since y/n won't let me do dad jokes to her, I'll do it to you guys instead. So, how does a penguin builds its house?

Jin: Igloos it together

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f2d6478694d56634f5962415a6e773d3d2d3639353932333731322e313538336335316664303631346464623236363230363339353935392e676966