Let's Have A Match

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

It feels so odd to actually sit on the passenger seat, where Jisung is the one who’s sitting on the driver’s and actually, literally driving. However, you really have no time on contemplating about how things can be this way and you just want to make this work.

 

“Thanks for agreeing, by the way. Hope I didn’t bother you,” you voice out after clearing your throat, trying to break the awkwardness looming in between both of you. Well, is there anything weird about asking your ex to drive you to meet your boyfriend?

 

At first you thought you just wanted to know the location from the guy, since he has the information for the party. However, the guy insists to drive you there. And you, who are already a little worn out, and kinda desperate, have no energy left to decline the offer.

 

“Nah, I’m good. Am planning on going too anyway. Hoseok hyung invited all of us to come along so arriving there an hour early won’t be a problem,” the guy mutters with a little smile plastered on, occasionally turning his eyes on you and on the road.

 

“By the way,” Jisung waits a beat before continuing, “Did you really just sneak out from school, travelled all the way to here, literally called me out of other people you have in your contacts just to attend a party?” the guy sounds skeptical, disbelief and cryptic at the same time, making you scoff in cynical at the thought of what right does this guy has to know anything about your life now. But, you can’t act bratty for now - he’s helping you - and that’s not something easy to do considering that they have bad history - even though three years have passed by.

 

“Of course it’s more than that. And why are you surprised? I’ve done a lot more than this and you know that,” you reiterate, feigning aloofness.

 

“Of course I’m surprised,” he says apprehensively, sounding like he is hesitating, “You believe me enough to let me help you,” His words are soft and quiet, scared that he’d choose the wrong words. But before he could mutter an apology for his insensitivity, you cut him off.

 

“I don’t want to talk much about it. I have something more important to think about right now, Jisung,” you breathe out softly, yet sounding so stern it makes the latter gulps. Getting the hint that they won’t be having that kind of conversation now, he nods weakly and puts his focus on the road again. However, Jisung doesn’t see the next words from you to come so subtle he almost breaks into tears on the spot.

 

”I believe people make mistakes, Jisung. And I believe they learn from those too,”

 

 

“Are you sure we’re in the right place?”

 

The club is barely occupied, only handful strangers are present at the seats, engaging casual conversations between each other. The intensity of light here is amazingly low, but rays of neon lights are contrasting to the darkness, making the place looks fun and amusing. The bartender is busy doing her job, cleaning the counter and preparing stacks of shots glasses in every size probably for the event that will occur in this midnight. Helium balloons in metallic and holographic colours are scattered all over the places, adding a nice touch of aesthetic to the venue.

 

“Yes, it is. The event will start like at least an hour more, what do you expect?” Jisung crosses his arms, giving you an unamused face. You take a stroll on the dance floor, stepping onto the colourful tiles beneath your feet as your face shines with enthusiasm. You’ve never been into any club before, so being a little too excited about every single thing that exists in it should be normal for you. Jisung’s gaze is scurrying all over the place too, in awe with all the effort they put in to decorate the place to look minimal but enjoyable.

 

Both of you just walk into every corner and every hallway exists in the spacious club, being those curious teenagers both of you are. Somehow after sauntering for a while, you discover a game room. You can see two sets of snooker tables with their coloured and numbered balls dispersed across them. The room is a little dim then it should be, considering that the room is being used by someone as you can hear faint chattering at the back of the room and smokey stench of cigarettes that are wafting in the air. You scrunch your nose, not familiar with the peculiar smell while stepping further into the room.

 

“Hey, y/n. I don’t feel good about this,” Jisung whispers, eyes batting around the room before turning to you who eventually put a halt on your steps. You can see a few pair of eyes at the back of the room are pinned on you, and those gazes are menacing enough to make you all shaken up.

 

“Y-yeah. I think we better-”

 

“Well, well, well. What do we get here?”

 

Both of you jerk with the sudden echoes of a husky, deep voice that you are sure it comes from your back. You gulp, fear and anxiety surge into your body but you make your best attempt on putting a stoic. Spinning to your back, you are met with a pair of eyes clad in blue contact lenses, fair complexion - at least three shades lighter than you, standing firm and tall a metre away, flashing his wildest smirk. Running his fingers through his burgundy locks, prowling to you with his unwavering gaze and hands both tucked in his pocket. He is, indeed, beautiful. But his beauty doesn’t ease your rapid heartbeats, and you hope he can’t see the dread b in your eyes.

 

One of his hands is fished out of his pocket, making its way without any warning to brush its fingers on your jaw. The sudden action makes you flinch away instantly, eyes flung opened with utter shock. Jisung, who has been keeping an eye on the random red head from the start, marches a step, trying to hide you with his slender body.

 

“I’m sorry, sir. But we really would appreciate if you can be more respectful,” Jisung vocalizes, eyeing down the shorter just by inches, trying to look as dangerous as he can be. Yet, the response that is elicited isn’t what you have expected. The guy squints his eyes, brows furrowed, a tangible sense of wrath crosses his feature.

 

“Are you even legal to be in here?” the guy slurs in his words, totally unbothered with Jisung’s attempt to appear more superior.

 

Before Jisung can even retaliate, you quickly interrupt him before he can initiate something worse.

 

“We are pretty sure that we’re legal here. And maybe we’ve had fun enough. Nice to see you but we really need to rush out for an event-”

 

“No,”

 

That’s all it takes for him to make you shut your lips tight, vocabulary vanish off of your tongue. His presence alone is unfathomably overbearing, completely contrasting to his soft and pretty features. His eyes, the baby blue eyes don’t suit the imperious vibe exuding from him. The faint crimson lips of his don’t look friendly whatsoever, especially with that smug smirk on.

 

“No one walks into this room except if they are a part of our membership. Unless,” he pauses, diverting his gaze back to you, scanning through your body even though you have it covered with white plain tee and skinny ripped denim, “they entertain us,”

 

The word makes you caught off guard, making both of you loss of words for a while, falling into the straining silence. You decide to try to act all calm and collected despite the fact you’re scared to death you could bricks.

 

“N-no! We didn’t work as that, trust me. We were just, well, err, lost our way you know? And we can leave if you want to b-because we’re neither members nor the entertainers?”

 

The guy takes a step closer, smirk fading into an unamused, angry frown. You can hear footsteps behind you, caging you and Jisung with their bodies. Adrenaline is pumped into your bloodstream as you gulp the growing terror down.

 

“You should put more effort to gain what you want, shouldn’t you?”

 

The words resonate in your brain, giving you shivers all over your body. How can you actually slip into this situation on the first place really? You just want to give Jimin a surprise for his birthday, and how can things turn this way? You probably never see this coming, and everything that is happening right now is completely something out of anyone - you, your ex, your friends, the boys - expectation. I mean, come on, you are literally trapped in a cage of humans’ bodies, throwing daggers that feel like it could actually harm you physically.

 

You have to find an escape no matter what, especially before the event starts. No one should see you in this state - the boys or any of their guests. Before things can get even messier, something crosses in your mind. You may not be able to knock these guys off physically, but you have something stronger than that. Something much cogent.

 

Your mind.

 

“Fine. Let’s have a match,”

 

The man his eyebrow, both bewildered and enthralled with the sudden courage that is utter in your chord. Jisung and all the other guys are surprised too, but the latter just nudges your elbow, a sign of disagreement. You ignore it nevertheless, averting your eyes to something that caught your attention on the table behind the red head. The man wanders his gaze to follow your eyeline, catching a sight of a neatly stacked poker cards before diverting his attention back to you.

 

“If I win, we can leave. If you win, you can get what you want,”

 

“Now we’re talking,”

....

[A/n]

HELLO HELLO

Trust me readers, I'm going to make y/n looks very cool yall be crushing on yourselves HAH