The 'Prank'

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

Kim Taehyung is indeed the biggest prankster alive in this household, but that doesn't mean he always get the luck to be on his side. There's a few couple times that his best friends get to orchestrate some brilliant plans behind his back, and Tae's fans do find that funny. It's been awhile since the boys get their revenge on Tae and they think, this would be a good time to see Tae being a crying mess again.

 

Jungkook is the mastermind behind all of this plan. The youngest unmask his plan in the groupchat he created just for the 'prank' he planned to pull on, and all of the members, including you have your jaws drop in awe. The 'prank' is a no joke, Tae's fans going to love this one.

 

The red head is very delightful to know that Jungkook succeeds to coax you to tell your fear, when actually what is answered by you is just a part of the plan. Being the amazing assistant Tae has ever had, Jungkook helps Tae in planning the prank, have no idea what about to come to him. Out of all Bangtan members, only Jimin and Jungkook know Tae's one and only fear, and the other hyungs almost thought that the prankster has never feared a thing in his life, considering on they never saw Taehyung experiencing a jumpscare.

 

Of course Jimin knew Tae's little fear, especially when the blonde guy has been sticking around with him since high school years. For the maknae, Tae was caught to have the fear when Jungkook asked him to accompany him watching a horror movie. They just knew each other for months back then, since Jimin always stopped by Hoseok's studio and Tae always attached to hips with Jimin. Terrified was an understatement. Jungkook had to literally piggy back carried the sobbing guy who claimed that he had no energy left in his body to even to stand properly. Tae asked the younger to keep this between them, and he was astounded when the younger did really comply.

 

Unfortunately, maybe Tae's little fear finally will be exposed today.

 

"Erm... Gentlemen? Mind to tell me why the lights in the house are out?" you ask, even though you actually are acknowledged of what is waiting behind the door. For the sake of Bangtan and their ocean of ARMYs, you try your best to act normal.

 

Three of you, Taehyung, Jimin and you have been spending the whole afternoon having fun at the amusement park with excuse of 'creating memories on last days with you'. You and Jimin thought it would be nice if Tae can bring Jungkook along, at least the red head would not feel like a third wheeler between them, but they know Jungkook has a more incredible plan for Tae.

 

No replies from the guys behind you, and you really don't expect for one to be honest. Moving closer to the door, Tae has already had his fingers lacing the knob, when Jimin can feel fingers intertwining with his, gripping them tight. Softly turning his head to you, he is met with a pair of uncertain eyes.

 

"I... Erm... I'm actually a little scared..." you whisper quietly, inaudible enough for Tae.

 

Jimin knows that this is not a perfect time for him to scold you. Of course you do actually have a slightest fear to ghosts when you avoided picking horror movies whenever they had a little movie nights in your room a few nights ago.

 

"I'm here. Don't worry, I always got you, sweetie," he whispers back, tightening the grip even more.

 

Stepping inside the eerily dark house, not even a sliver of light can be sensed through your cornea as you jerk a little when the loud thump produced by the door shutting close shock you a little. You put extra care for every step you take and you exude extra force in tightening your interlocked fingers. This whole 'prank' plan for Tae is already imprinted in your mind, you already know every event and occurrence that will happen before and after. However, you still can't help to genuinely experience the scare.

 

After what it feels like hours- when it is actually only seconds- one by one ghosts make their appearances. From deadly pale zombies, the infamous Pennywise, no-irises eyed creatures, blood-soaked vampires and what not, their horrifying faces illuminated with only torchlights on their faces do really freak the hell out of you. A few high-pitched shrieks are resonating through the house, and the members might think that you're good at acting, but those screams are not acts.

 

You literally lose your after the creepy clown throws a smirk at you, with its bloodshot eyes and its yellow teeth, you are way too shocked you can't even let out a single breathe. You can feel you legs getting wobbly, but Jimin quickly saved you from falling hard on the ground, as he sweeps your feet of the floor, carrying you bridal style and dashes off.

 

...

 

Tae feels bad to break into laughters when your screams echo through the house, but he knows that you are at least safe since Jimin is beside you. He tries his best to refrain his chuckles by biting his lips, but it is to no avail. He thinks that his chuckles will grow louder until...

 

A slenderman.

 

His eyes are widened immediately and his mouth is agape, trying to let out anything verbal, chuckle, shout, curse, or anything, but he fails. His heart is beating through his chest violently and his breathing becomes unstable. All of oxygen in his chest suddenly knocked out of his cavity, making his breathing rate gradually increases. He falls on the floor, hitting on the floor hard, but he can't feel the pain, not when there's a freaking slenderman crawling on four towards him.

 

"Tae hyung!"

 

Tae immediately recognizes the familiar voice, as he could feel relief starting to surge into him, but the fear that is creeping in him is still intense. When Tae can feel a muscular pair of arms pulling him upwards, the red head quickly jumps onto him, attaching onto him like a koala coiling onto a bamboo. Nuzzling his head into crook of the younger, he can feel Jungkook's strong hands securing his legs that are looped around the younger's waist. Tae doesn't know where Jungkook is bringing him, but as long it's away from the slenderman, he is okay with it.

 

"Hey, hyung... We're already outside, you can open your eyes now," Jungkook says gently as he slowly drops onto both of his knees, and takes a sit with his legs crossed beside the pool, with Tae on his lap.

 

Tae seems like not going to let go of the hug in any minute from now, when the red head tightens his hug and nuzzle into the younger's crook deeper. Guilt starts to rush into the younger's self, debating himself if this is actually a good idea. But, things have happened, it's too late to turn back now. When Tae's silent sobs dwindle down to soft sniffles, the older begins to speak with his cracked voice.

 

"How could you do this to me? You know I hate slenderman," the older murmurs in between his sniffles, almost receiving a coo from the younger.

 

"I'm sorry, Tae. I'm so so sorry. Now, breathe, Tae. Breathe for me," Jungkook runs his unoccupied hand on the older's back, soothing him as his other hand tugs him tighter by his waist. Tae does not sure if the younger does realize or not that he just drops the honorifics with Tae, but Tae seems like unbothered with it. Hearing Jungkook calling him that way makes his stomach feel butterflies.

 

When Tae's breathes finally becomes stable, when Tae's tensed body eases, Tae loosens the hug, with his arms still around the younger's neck, faces inches apart. Both of their eyes flicker between their eyes and each others' lips.

 

"Sh-should we get going?" Jungkook stutters, probably flustered with the other's not-so subtle actions.

 

"Get going? To where?"

 

Tae lets go off his legs from the younger's waist, as he fixes both of his legs to dangle at one side of Jungkook's lap. Without addressing Tae, Jungkook lifts himself up with Tae in his hands, bridal carrying. Everything seems like in slow motion. The way he feels like he is suspended in the air, secured by pair of hefty arms. The way his eyes widen when Jungkook locks his gaze with the red head. The way Jungkook's hair softly tousled by the wind off his forehead. The way Jungkook softly simpers. The way Jungkook lays him oh so gently on the carpet. The way both of their cheeks flushed in lightest shade of pink. The way they lost in each others' eyes.

 

"Look, Tae,"

 

Tae mimics Jungkook's action when the younger shifts his gaze forward. A shocked gasp is elicited when a screen and a projector come in their view, and the screen is playing sweet memories of both of them together. Jungkook fixes his position, mirroring Tae's as he sits beside the older with his thighs pressing onto his chest, hands hugging his legs. Tae seems like too engrossed with the video that is playing, his tears have fully dried by now.

 

In the video, it was a few years ago, back then when the two of them just initiated their friendship. Tae bolted towards a dancing, sweaty Jungkook, jumping onto his back as both of them fell together on the floor, wide smile plastered on each face. There's also a clip where Tae went to his graduation day, presented with a bouquet of flowers in his hands, flashing his proud smile while watching the younger strutted on the stage, receiving his scroll of certificate. Tae broke into fond chuckles when Jungkook found him from the stage, shamelessly flailing his arm to wave to Tae. The next clip showed Jungkook and Tae bickered after Tae losing to Jungkook in a game. They ended up having a pillow fight and cuddling onto each other.

 

The projector is endlessly replaying all of their memories together, since first they met until throughout the years of ups and downs, thins and thicks. Deep down in both of their little hearts, they can actually notice that they actually have feelings for each other. That their relationship and their affection aren't platonic. That the thing they have between them isn't just a friendship. However, neither of them has ever made a move, for what reason, they don't actually know. Maybe they just afraid that they misunderstood each other. Maybe they're scared if the feeling is just a temporary infatuation.

 

After four solid years, Jungkook finally grows some balls to make a confession.

 

"Today is the date we first met each other,"

 

Suddenly, Tae doesn't know how to breathe, feels like he never knew how to breathe before. The fact that Jungkook marks the first day they met as if it's like a significant date for the younger makes his stomach twists and turns.

 

"I can never be more happier when I first met you. You are so friendly, so smiley, so cute, so beautiful. You have the biggest heart, the smartest brain, the most amazing personality. I thought there's no such perfect person ever existed in this planet. I thought I could finally find someone worth to love as a best friend," Jungkook brings himself for a pause, as Tae shifts his gaze from the screen to the younger, waiting for the agape mouth to proceed his words.

 

"But, I was wrong,"

 

Tae's expression changes, from soft, cutely smiling to a dull bewildered face. His smile fades away until Jungkook continues.

 

"Because I think I love you more than that,"

------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/n]

Because Taekook deserves a chapter too. :)

Btw, this is totally random, but I am actually no 1. Jikook enthusiast HAHAHAHA

But hey, other pairs are lovely as well. What's your favourite?

And I'm reading Jikook AUs in Twitter, gimme some recommendations and I can give mine if u want too :)

Totally off topic, but I just love reading AUs fight me