Stars, Moon, Me and You

The Girl Behind The Camera | A Park Jimin's Story

Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York city?

I'm a thousand miles away

But girl, tonight you look so pretty

Yes, you do

Time Square can't shine as bright as you

I swear it's true

 

Both of your gazes are interlocked on each other, distinct emotions are mixed and playing with your hearts. Your heart is beating wildly against your chest, breath hitched and knees feeling weak and eyes threatening to spill some tears. Jimin is gazing at you with long and love evident in his eyes, looking like they are pleading for you to listen to what he has to say. A cute, but hesitant smile is drawn over his lips when he sings "tonight you look so pretty, yes you do,", wanting you to know that he means it. Or actually, he does mean every word that he sings for tonight.

 

Hey there Delilah, don't you worry about the distance

I'm right there if you get lonely

Give the song another listen

Close your eyes

Listen to my voice, it's my disguise

I'm by your side

 

You don't know why but you seem to comply to what Jimin sings as you involuntarily shut your eyes, slowly inhaling while letting Jimin's voice to soothe you, to give the same effect when he holds your hand, or hugs you, or maybe kisses you. Jimin, who is staring at you from afar, has his smile brightened.

 

You love the song so much, you can give Jimin a point for picking an absolutely great song to perform that fit both the party mood and your taste. The soft instrumental and Jimin's honey voice complements each other flawlessly, the crowd is really having a great time, and you can't deny that you're the same.

Hey there Delilah, I've got so much left to say

If every simple song I wrote to you

would take your breath away

I'd write it all

Even more in love with me you'd fall

We'd have it all

 

Jimin keeps his gaze on your eyes, disregarding the nerve, the anxiety, the fear of you turning him away that are conquering his mind. He needs you to know that he means every single word he sings, even though it's not lyrics that were written by him. Yet these are the words that Jimin should have told you earlier. These are the reassurances and promises that Jimin should have uttered to you when you have doubts and second thoughts.

 

These are the words that Jimin should have spoke to you so things won't happen this way.Even though it seems like a late confession, Jimin wants to think that it is never too late for anything.

 

The lyrics involuntarily make your lips curve wider, cheeks puffing with hue and warmth spreading across them. Yet, you can’t avoid the twinge in your heart. The surprise sure does warm your heart, but there’s still some talks that are left unspoken. However, you choose not to ruin the mood and take in what is given for the moment. Ditching the thoughts away from your mind for awhile, you divert your attention back to your flattering heart and his chiming voice.

A thousand miles seems pretty far

but they've got planes and trains and cars

And I'd walk to you if I have no other way

Our friend will all make fun of us

and we'll just laugh along because

We know that none of them have felt this way

Delilah, I can promise you

That by the time we'd get through

The world will never ever be the same

And you're the blame

Hey there Delilah, you be good and don't you miss me

Two more years and you'll be done with school

And I'll be making history like I'd do

You'll know it's all because of you

We can do whatever we want to

Hey there Delilah, here's to you

This one's for you

 

Does Jimin really mean it? Does Jimin really sing this for you? You can't help but to question yourself even though it is evident on his chord that he is being genuine, that he is pouring out his raw emotional into the song. The crowd can feel it too looking by teary eyes and the moved smiles and couples exchanging shy glances and unsaid promises.

 

Oh, it’s what you do to me

Oh, it’s what you do to me

 

And when the final strum stops echoing, a loud round of applause and cheers erupted from the crowd in front of Jimin. The guy is distracted by the loudness for awhile, making him lose his eye contact with you. Struggling to find you again in the messy throng, he throws his gaze all over the place, wondering and hoping that you haven’t left the hall yet. Panic gushes in him when he fails to spot any hint of you. Hence, he literally dashes off the stage without passing the mic properly to the night’s emcee, causing the mic to slip off the girl’s grip. Jimin, who is utterly ignoring what just happened exits the backstage and tries to find his way to the hall entrance.

 

Jimin can feel that a few pairs of eyes are pinning on him when he showed up in front of the hall’s door panting, but he really couldn’t care less. His heart is hammering hard in his chest, internally praying that you’re not too far from him. And when he catches a glimpse of blue silk before disappearing at the stairs that are metres away from him, he doesn’t wait a beat to follow his guts. Bolting towards the stairs, climbing all the way upstairs, his mind could only stick to one thing.

 

That he isn’t too late, again.

 

Jimin is already at the very top of the building since there’s no other stairs leading to more levels, and it confuses him when he couldn’t see any of your built visible. What was he seeing just now? Was he just being delusional? Who was he following all the way up here? Was he too late, again?

 

Jimin is almost on the verge of breaking down as his knees turn in, falling on the floor with his arm searching for support on the wall. But when his eyes spot a door at the corner of the area, his heart instantly tells him to get his back on and pushes the door open.

 

The cold breeze bites on his skin, making him slightly hisses on the crisp weather when he steps outside, letting the door closes behind him. His mind is bewildered for a while, wondering where he is now actually. But when the wide view of the campus is displayed before him, he realizes that he is on the rooftop. Faint bopping music can be heard from below, probably came from the hall where the girls are still living the night. Jimin can’t deny that the beautiful view in front of him catches his attention, moonlit greenery and buildings of the school distracting him the reason he is here.

 

“You come,”

 

And by that, Jimin quickly shifts his gaze to his right, finding you standing there, bare arms hugging your petite body, fabric of your gown and your hair softly blown by the air and stoic face illuminated by the moonlight.

 

And Jimin swears he thinks he’s looking right into an angel.

 

“You run away from me,” he steps closer, trying to cut the distance that is awfully far.

 

“You told me to,”

 

Jimin puts a halt on his steps, brows furrowing as he attempts to register your features. It’s the same y/n that he still knows, and he wonders if that’s a good thing or otherwise. It’s the same girl that never shows her emotions etched on her face and expression. Yet, it’s also the same girl that clearly showcased her vulnerability deep in her dark brown eyes.

 

“You’re the one who asked me to leave,”

 

Each word leads you closer to him, eyes starting to form a glassy layer of tear. At this point, you wonder how much of tear you have in your body when you literally spend almost every night crying to sleep. And also by each word said, each step you take, the tighter his heart clenches with guilt, the harder his heart twinges in agony.

 

“Why are you even here?”Your eyes turn more glossy, face threatening to lose its facade when Jimin is only an arm away as you stop getting closer. It’s so hard to restrain yourself from reaching onto Jimin, capturing him into an embrace that you’ve been missing how it feels like. But, that might be the last thing Jimin wants.

 

I want you to leave.

 

“Why are you here when you hate me?”

 

And that’s all it takes for the pool of tears to cascade over your cheeks, brows knitting together as you can feel your heart crumples in an ugly way. Even by the blurry view, you can see a hint of astonishment crosses his face. Jimin is a little surprised to see that you’re throwing your bold pretence away, finally giving in to your vulnerable side to conquer you wholly. And Jimin wonders how far has he gone that makes you look this broken.

 

Only by looking at how broken you are, Jimin is shattered to pieces.

 

“I-I,” Jimin trembles, hands pleading to reach for your wet cheeks but are too afraid that he’ll hurt you again only just by touching. He’s afraid he’ll hurt you again by anything. The tears that are forming in his eyes race their way down his cheeks, as his lips quiver, forcing themselves to form any coherent words but to no avail.

 

Jimin shakes his head weakly, only sighs escaping between his lips since past few minutes. His head keeps on shaking with hope that you get the message that he never hated you ever since the first moment he laid his eyes on you. He hopes you get the message that he did not mean any of his words that night. He hopes you get the point that he can never hate you no matter how much pain he has to bear in order to love you unconditionally.

 

He’d pick pain over pleasure just for you.

 

“I-I d-didn’t mean it, sweetie. I wasn’t in my right mind- I-I just wanted the best for you and I wasn’t good enough and can never be one and- I keep on hurting you, baby. I-”

 

You catch him in your arms desperately, trying to capture the man in your embrace before he could break into pieces and fragmented. His rambles stop abruptly and the words that are supposed to be rambled out are immediately converted to bursts of broken sobs. You can feel the now ebony-haired man’s hands clutching tightly around your petite waist, so tight it could bruise your skin. But you’re fine with that, and maybe you do understand why. Jimin’s afraid he’ll lose his grip on you again, just like how he lost you that night.

 

But you know he won’t ever again.

 

“Jiminnie… Babe…” you softly whisper, fingers find their way in between his locks with hope the touches can tone his sobs down. You know he can’t answer your call with him in this state, but you just need him to calm down a little so he can listen to your words. And when the man does just like what you wanted, you clear your throat and start speaking.

 

“You did hurt me, Jimin. But that shouldn’t be a reason for you to give up on me,”

 

A sigh is audible and you’re sure it is from Jimin. You tighten the hug, fingers buried deep in his thick black locks.

 

“No one is perfect. No one can ever be good enough. But, isn’t that what relationship for? To complement and accept each other?”

 

Your lips break into a little smile when you can feel his head nods weakly. The hug loosens but both of your arms are still around each other. You let go one of your hands, bringing it to his face and wipes away the tear staining his cute cheeks.

 

“The song you sang just now. Was it for me?” you ask with a playful smile, eyes still locked on his dark brown pair. The man suddenly gets a little shy, as he breaks the eye contact and his cheeks become hotter and redder. With his eyes on the ground, he timidly nods. And just by that little cute gesture, it tickles your heart like it’s a new thing for you.

 

You know you can never get used to Jimin and his cute .

 

“It was very sweet of you. It’s been ages since I heard your voice, love,” you plant a quick peck on his cheek, trying to elevate the mood and it seems successful when the corners of his lips tugged upwards a little. On the other hand, Jimin is glad to know that you love the performance and also the fact that you acknowledge the song is for you.

 

Jimin misses your smiles oh so much. And when he can see your beautiful lips grinning, chuckles escaping from them just like when you used to, he wonders how he can he act like a and take those away from you. He wonders how can you still laugh this happily when he has scarred your heart deep.

 

“I keep on hurting you, y/n,” he speaks with his broken, hoarse voice. Eyes reeking with confusion and remorse, lips shaping a very sad frown. But cute sad frown.

 

“And I’ll still choose you, Jimin. We make mistakes and we’ll fix them together. We have flaws but we’ll embrace them and love them anyways. We’ll accept each other as a whole, our strength, our weaknesses, our smiles, our frowns, our praises, our fights, our insecurities and what not. We’ll love them all, Jimin,”

 

Both of your eyes are twinkling with love and affection and even a blind people can see how much in love both of you are. Hands cupping his face, you keep on staring into his watery eyes as your thumb runs across his chubby cheeks. Slowly, your lips curve into a sweet smile and they curve even wider when Jimin mirrors your action.

 

“I’ll love them all, Jimin. No matter how painful it might be, you are worth the pain,”

 

“I love you, y/n,”

 

“I love you too, Jimin,”

 

And the starry skies, bright full moon and the couple are the only witnesses of their own love confessions and kisses.

-------------------------------------------------

(A/n)

YOOOOOO HOW YA GUYS BEEN DOINGGG
hey im doing fine in college guys. its just i havent had my personal laptop yet so its not very comfortable for me to write on my phone and whatnot. and dont worry!!! this story does have an ending!!!

p/s: guess who got herself a girlfriend :D?