It's a Reality Check..!!

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All of them are nervously waiting for Hwang ajusshi’s answer. He is smiling. “Why do you think so?” He asks Kyungsoo. He doesn’t know what to respond. He stays still. “When you mentioned the word marriage, even I thought the same way. When marriage is written on a will, it usually is related to an arranged one. Is it true that our Jasmine is actually arranged to marry someone by her parents?” Mrs Doh decides to ask him again. Jasmine who listens to Mrs Doh’s explanation starts to think further. She sits straight looking at Hwang ajushhi who is sitting in front of her. Only his desk is separating them. She puts her shaking hands on the desk resting them there. “Am I?” She asks again. Her heart starts to beat in a weird rhythm. Hwang ajusshi calmly shakes his head as he smiles looking at the young lady in front of him. “No, you are not in any arranged marriage plan, Jasmine. Your parents never mentioned anything about that and knowing them, they will never forcefully interfere with your personal life especially when it is something to do with your future love life.” He informs her with a smile on his face. Kyungsoo is leaning his body back on the chair. He is relieved to hear that. Jasmine literally falls down. She rests her head on the desk flat. She looks lifeless. “Jasmine, are you okay?” Mr Doh asks. He looks worried to see it from the side. But the view lasts for only a few seconds as she is sitting back straight looking at Hwang ajusshi. “Are you sure it is not an arranged marriage?” She asks him. He nods immediately. “Why do you look disappointed?” He asks her looking so confused. She starts to smile after that. “Isn’t it better if mommy and daddy left me with an arranged marriage?” She utters what she suddenly has in her mind. Everyone is confused to hear that. “Why is it better? I don’t understand.” Seungsoo asks her. “If it is an arranged marriage, I don’t have to look for a husband anymore. I can just get married to whoever they chose for me. Isn’t that nice? I don’t have to think more about it. It is settled that way.” She shares what she thinks about it. They are surprised to hear the way she thinks. Hwang ajusshi just giggles. He kind of gets what she actually thinks. She is very busy. She doesn’t have time to look for a life partner. “May I know what they actually wrote in their will on this topic?” Kyungsoo wants to know the details. “Is it okay for me to read it for them?” Hwang ajusshi asks for Jasmine’s permission. She nods as she also needs a repeat on that. “I totally forgot about this one final will. I need you to read it for me again, ajusshi.” She says to him. He nods. “Our daughter Jasmine, please get married as soon as you are ready. We want you to build your own happy family.” He reads for them. “This is what they wrote for you, Jasmine. They didn’t mention when you have to get married, where the wedding should be held and with whom you should be married. They didn’t include the details. For them, they really wished for you to have your own family. Just get married once you are ready. That is it. And you are the only one who knows and will decide when it will happen.” He lets them know. Jasmine nods. “I hope I can fulfill that one too.” She says with not so confident tone.

 

“Jasmine, don’t worry about it too much. I know at this stage of your life, you have a lot to think about that this topic seems not important to you. It might look difficult and complicated in your point of view right now. And knowing you for many years now and I have seen you growing up, I know your nature. You will try your best to complete every mission as perfect as possible. You have done everything else very well. But when it comes to feelings and emotions, I know you are not that good at it. You are not that expressive when it comes to inner feelings. You are more reserved. I understand. I think that is why you don’t want to involve yourself in love just yet. In your mind, it is a very complicated subject. You are willing to handle two or three companies all at once but when you need to manage an emotion based topic, you’d rather surrender. Am I right?” Hwang ajusshi says what he has in his mind one by one. Jasmine can just smile. She nods. Seeing her nodding, Kyungsoo can only look at her with a bitter smile on his face. Mrs Doh takes a look at him making sure he is fine. “Love and marriage will come to you at a very unexpected moment. For now, don’t think too much about it. And remember this. Maybe that someone is just around the corner. But you just don’t realize it. Nothing is impossible, Jasmine.” He lets her know making sure she feels ease about this final will. She nods. “You are right, ajusshi. Maybe I am not really looking at this moment, that is why I don’t see it. I guess when I am ready to get married or to have someone special in my life, I will be able to recognize it. It? Maybe I should refer to this person as him. It is more polite that way. Hehe. Thanks ajusshi for reminding me about this will. Honestly I don’t even remember about it. But don’t worry. I am not going to rush myself to be married. I am not in a competition. I’ll get married as soon as I am ready.” She says looking at him. Hwang ajusshi is looking at her in doubt. “Are you sure? Is that a promise?” He asks her for a confirmation. She giggles as she nods a few times. “We have four witnesses over here. I repeat it again. I, Heo Jasmine Rogers, promise to get married as soon as I am ready once that ‘him’ appears in my life.” She says her promise properly this time. “Good!” He replies feeling satisfied. The others are only smiling looking at how serious she is saying her promise on the marriage. “But you know what Jasmine, your parents actually had someone in their mind for you.” Hwang ajusshi suddenly discloses. Jasmine is taken aback, so is Kyungsoo. “Really? Who? Maybe I should just look for him.” She replies. Hwang ajusshi lifts both of his shoulders. “Unfortunately they never told me the name. They only said that they really hoped you could marry someone like that person they had in their mind. I hope whoever you are going to marry in the future, he will at least resemble some percentages of that someone that your parents wanted for you.” He gives a not very positive answer to her. She can only nod. “Hopefully.” She replies quietly.

 

That night, Jasmine and Kyungsoo decide to stay at his parents’ home and spend the night there since she still has an off day tomorrow that will be filled with meetings from morning until late in the afternoon. After the meeting with Hwang ajusshi, she went to the dorm to get her car along with Kyungsoo. It will be a lot easier to move around for the meetings when the car is around. Kyungsoo actually offered to drive her around. She said yes after being convinced by his parents. It will make her movement a lot easier as she doesn’t need to think where to park the car but she feels guilty as he needs to waste his time waiting for a whole day. To that, he lets her know that he will be doing some work while waiting for her. She just needs to give him a call when she is ready to leave the venue. That is it. She just follows. “Princess, this is for you.” Mrs Doh says passing a white wooden box to Jasmine. They are sitting in front of the TV with a random Japanese movie is playing on it but they prefer talking over watching it. “What is this?” She replies as she takes a look at the beautiful box. “Open it. It is yours.” Seungsoo says to her. She nods as she smiles opening the box. She drops her jaws with her eyes wide open as she looks at the content. She then looks at them all with her teary eyes. She takes one out and looks at it closely. She smiles. “Every year on your birthday, all of us picked one hair clip each to give to you. As you have such a beautiful natural wavy hair, hair clips look good on you. After we separated 18 years ago, we decided to keep this tradition despite not being able to deliver it to you. Now that we have reunited, it is the perfect time to give it to the owner. I hope you like it.” Mr Doh says looking at his pretty daughter. “I still have the hair clips you gave me before we moved away. I kept it with me in the family home in my wardrobe. Mommy and daddy let me to keep it because I wear it all the time. They didn’t include it inside the chest. I believe you saw the hair clips in my wardrobe.” She says looking at Kyungsoo. He nods as he smiles. “It was just another proof that you are our Jasmine.” He says touching her face gently. She smiles looking at him as she puts one of the hair clips on. With a small mirror in the box, she can see her reflection on it. “It is really pretty.” She says before putting on more. Just like a little kid, she is playing with the hair clips she just received. “We love you so much, princess! I know we can never replace your parents’ places in your heart but please let us cherish you with love and care like we used to do when we lived next to one another 18 years ago.” Mrs Doh says looking at Jasmine lovingly. She takes a look at Mrs Doh before she nods. “You don’t need permission to love your own daughter, omma. I love you guys too a lot. As I said, I was always so happy to have mommy, daddy, omma, appa, Seungsoo oppa and Kyungsoo oppa in my life. I still feel the same way today. Thank you for never throwing me away from your memories.” She says sincerely looking at them. “It is impossible for us to forget a special girl like you, Jasmine. You were always in our heart and mind. And it will never change.” Kyungsoo says with his tears falling from his eyes. She smiles at him as she helps to wipe away the tears. He grabs her hand before kissing it. She looks at him being thankful for this fate written between her and this long lost family of hers.

 

“Jasmine, I think this is the right time for me to ask you something.” Kyungsoo holds Jasmine’s hand tighter. His parents and his brother are looking at one another in confusion. “What are you doing?” Seungsoo asks him in a very panic mode. Jasmine is looking at him in confusion before she takes a look at the serious Kyungsoo. “What do you want to ask me oppa? Why do you look so serious? Have I done something wrong?” She delivers some questions to him. He touches her cheek. “Nope, you did nothing wrong. Don’t worry about that. I just want to know about this thing before you leave for Germany. Why don’t you drink alcohol? I asked your doctor. He said it had nothing to do with your health. And you also denied that you were allergic to it. So now can you tell me the real reason why?” Kyungsoo slowly reveals his question. His parents and brother release a relieved sigh. They thought that he wanted to confess his feeling to her. They sure thought too much. They also want to know the reason behind her decision. Jasmine smiles before taking a brief look at everyone. “Actually I have wanted to tell you the truth since I told you about it when we had our vacation at the family house but I kept on forgetting as things happened one after another. I am sorry I keep you waiting, oppa.” She says smiling at him. He shakes his head. “It is fine. I am okay waiting for you.” He says to her. “You know how mommy and daddy died because of an accident, right?” She says to him. He nods. “Their car was hit by a truck on their way home after work.” He replies. This time she nods. He remembers what she told him. “Yeah. The driver consumed an amount of alcohol before he drove the truck that night. He was under the influence of alcohol. Though not heavily, he was still drunk. He couldn’t control the truck that he hit the car daddy drove with mommy by his side. The collision caused their car to turn around for at least nine times as written in the final report of their accident. It ended up on the side upside down. Both mommy and daddy died on the scene holding each other. When the ambulance came, they were no longer alive. From the recording the investigators found from the blackbox they purposely built in the car, I could hear how they were in so much pain but they still managed to think about me. They apologized many times saying they were sorry for not being able to go for our dinner date that night. They said that they loved me so much before everything turned to an infinite silence. That was the last I would like to call ‘voice message’ I got from them. It took me years to brave my self to hear the recording because I was just too affected by their sudden death. But knowing that they left together, I feel like they are not alone over there. At least they still have each other to live their life with. For me, it is a beautiful ending for them who loved each other so much. From the postmortem, mommy and daddy didn’t get much injuries actually but the after effect of the hard collision caused a severe brain damage and their heart stopped to function almost right away. When I went to see them at the hospital, they looked like they were just sleeping with small scratches at the side of their faces caused by the broken glasses of the window. They didn’t look like they were victims of a car accident. Even the doctors were surprised to see how fine they looked when they were brought to the hospital. They tried their best to work on them seeing their visuals but nothing could be done as they were already gone.” Jasmine shares what she has been hiding. This information, not many people know of except for her family.

 

Kyungsoo holds Jasmine closer giving her some strength. He rubs her shoulders as if telling her that she is not alone. She really appreciates it. She rests her head on his chest for a bit before she goes back to sit properly next to him. “But don’t get me wrong. I am not holding grudge on anyone. Not even to the driver, I forgave him already. If he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter