Welcome home, Princess!

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Omma, are you looking for something specific?” Jasmine asks Mrs Doh as they arrive at the mall where everything can be found. “I don’t feel like buying anything for myself. But I want to buy you something to bring to Germany. Clothes maybe or shoes, anything that you need. What do you want to buy?” Mrs Doh asks her. She is surprised to hear that. She really thought that Mrs Doh had something to buy that is why she asked her to accompany her to the mall. Actually Jasmine doesn’t need anything because she has everything already. She only needs to pack now. But at the same time, she doesn’t want to make Mrs Doh sad if she rejects her offer straight away. She is thinking of something. “Omma, I don’t think I need more clothes and shoes. I have a lot that I don’t get to wear here. Thanks to my family who loves to pamper me with outfits. I am going to pack it and bring it with me. But if you really want to buy me something, foods that I can pack to bring abroad will be really nice because I haven’t bought anything yet.” She says letting her know. Mrs Doh doesn’t get to feel disappointed for not being able to buy her clothes when she suggests what she can buy for her. She starts smiling again. “Okay Jasmine! I’ll buy you foods. But now let’s go window shopping first.” She says holding her hand. But suddenly she stops. Something attracts her attention. “But adding some pajamas won’t hurt, right?” She says to Jasmine as she giggles. She points at one nightwear store not that far from where they are standing. Jasmine turns to look at her before looking at the store. She then smiles before she leads the way to that store. Spending about half an hour there, Mrs Doh ends up buying three pairs of pajama for Jasmine. And that doesn’t include a pair that she buys for herself. It is a couple mother-daughter pajama she calls it as she chose the same pattern with what she bought for Jasmine. “Thanks omma! You sure know my taste just like mommy.” Jasmine says thanking her. Mrs Doh pats her cheek. She is glad that she likes what she chose for her. After walking here and there, they decide to stop by at the café before they start shopping for groceries later to recharge some sugar in their body. “Your coffee tastes better than this one.” Mrs Doh says pushing away a cup of Americano in front of her. Jasmine just smiles as she takes a sip of her grapefruit juice. She then grabs her phone and she starts playing with it. She looks pretty serious as she frowns once in a while. “Are you busy? Should we leave now?” Mrs Doh asks her. She shakes her head. “Nope, I am just making the list of things I want to grab from the supermarket later. Do you want to add more omma?” She asks passing the phone to her. Mrs Doh takes a look at the detailed list she sees on her phone. She then giggles. It reminds her of someone. “You and Kyungsoo can be twins. This is like the list he normally makes. Detail is a must. I thought you were texting someone when you were actually making this.” Mrs Doh says to her giving her back the phone.

 

“I don’t normally play with my phone omma unless I have urgent emais to entertain as that is the fastest way people contact me on daily basis when it is related to my business.” Jasmine lets Mrs Doh know. It is proven with how she doesn’t really put her phone out while they spend their time together. After that, they spend more than an hour in the supermarket buying groceries for dinner and to stock up at home. And they also make sure to buy foods that Jasmine can pack to travel. “Is this enough for you to bring to Germany?” Mrs Doh asks Jasmine. She nods. “This is a lot for me alone omma. Thanks!” She replies. “I hope Seungsoo is already home right now so he can help us carry the groceries.” She says to her as they are now inside the car already. “Seungsoo oppa is normally home at this hour?” She asks her looking at the time at the dashboard. It is only five in the afternoon. “Yeah, when he works for morning shift, he normally gets home by 4.30pm.” She tells her. “Oh, they have working shifts at the salon Seungsoo oppa is working at? That is nice.” She replies as she starts driving to their next destination before they head to Doh family’s home. “Since there are many hair dressers working there, they work in shifts. It only started end of last year. Before that, he worked morning until late at night.” She shares with her. Jasmine nods. After doing what she is supposed to be, Jasmine heads to Doh family’s home. When they arrive, it is already 6pm. “You can park the car at the basement. Go this way.” Mrs Doh shows her where. Once she parks the car, Mrs Doh receives a call from someone. “Hello! Yes Seungsoo ya? Yeah, we are here. Oh, you’re home. Good! Now please come to the basement. We got tonnes of groceries to bring upstairs. Yes, we are waiting.” She says ending the call. “Seungsoo is coming.” She lets Jasmine know. She nods. They both leave the car and go to the trunk at the back waiting. “Omma!” They both turn around to see the owner of the voice. He approaches and he looks excited to see Jasmine. “OMG! It feels like a dream that I finally got to see you. It has been ages since the last time I saw you. How have you been?” He asks her. His statement makes her confused as this is their first meeting as far as she is concerned. Seungsoo then corrects his words. “I am sorry. I meant to say that I saw your picture that Kyungsoo showed us before. It was like months ago, right omma? And today, I finally got to see you. Jasmine, you are really pretty just like how Kyungsoo portrayed you. I am so happy to see you face to face today.” He says to her looking so warmly. Jasmine smiles at him. Though he doesn’t give her the same vibe she got from Kyungsoo, it is weird how she feels very comfortable with him. He really feels like a real brother to her. “Annyeonghaseyo Seungsoo oppa! It is nice to see you.” She greets him politely. Seungsoo giggles. “Just talk to me casually and comfortably treat me like your own oppa. I am ready to protect my sister from any harm.” He says to her sincerely. She nods as she thanks him. “The first thing you can do to protect her from any harm is carrying these amount of groceries for her.” Mrs Doh says pointing at the bags of groceries in the trunk as she giggles. “Yes boss!” He replies as he starts to carry the stuffs they bought.

 

“Please welcome to our humble house, princess!” Seungsoo says to Jasmine as he opens the door real wide for her and his mother. “This house is really pretty.” She says as she looks at the cosy looking living area. It is a double storey house where they live since five years ago. They bought it with the money Seungsoo and Kyungsoo gathered for their parents. It was their surprise gift for them on the parents’ day that year. Their parents cried from feeling so touched with the meaningful and unexpected present. For the next parents’ days, the only gift they asked from them is daughter in law. To this, both of them decide to ignore it as both are still too busy to think about it. “And these two are our little angels. This is Hochoo and that one is Meongmool.” Mrs Doh introduces the two puppies which are welcoming them excitedly by the door. Meongmool is rubbing her face at Jasmine’s right foot. She wants to be pat. “Omma, look! She has never acted that way to someone she meets for the first time. Normally she is more reserved and very observant like Kyungsoo. She never approaches other people first. What happens to her?” Seungsoo says looking at Meongmool in amazement. Jasmine then kneels down to personally greet the cute puppies. Both look very happy to see her. They follow her around as Seungsoo is giving her a brief house tour. “This is our guest room which omma decorates very girly and it is never occupied by anyone. Omma and appa normally offer our guests to spend their night in another room but not this one. Please don’t ask me why. From today onwards, this room is yours. You can stay here whenever you want to. You are always welcomed here, Jasmine as you are now a part of the family. I am so excited to finally get a sister to hang out with. I am not complaining that I only have a brother but I think it will be fun to spend the time with a little girl.” He says being honest. “Thanks oppa! I guess this room is for the girls.” She says pointing at Hochoo and Meongmool which are taking their own spots in the bedroom. They look so adorable. “Go get some rest for a while. If you need anything, just call me.” He says to her. “I will change my clothes and then I will go down.” She lets him know. He nods. “Take your time, princess!” He says leaving Jasmine and the puppies behind after closing the door tight giving her some privacy. Seeing how cute the puppies are, she goes to play with them first. The time flies as she is amused by the cute acts the puppies are showing her. It is fun to have puppies at home indeed.

 

“Omma! What did you do to MY Jasmine?” A voice can be heard asking Mrs Doh breaking the silence in the house. Jasmine who is going down the stairs can hear a very familiar voice but she decides to ignore it as she thinks maybe they are talking about something else. Hochoo and Meongmool are still keeping her company. They never leave her side. Even she is only standing still by the staircase not saying anything, her aura is really obvious that Kyungsoo’s focus on his mother now moves to another area of the house. “Hi!” Jasmine says greeting Kyungsoo as she waves her hand at him. Mrs Doh laughs very hard to see the change on Kyungsoo’s face when he realizes that Jasmine is there at their family home. “Opps brother! I meant to tell you that YOUR Jasmine is actually here but you were a lot faster than what I thought. I am sorry! By the way, surprise!” Seungsoo says rubbing his head out of guilt. Mr Doh is also trying his hardest not to laugh too hard standing next to his wife. “As you can see, YOUR Jasmine is safe and sound. I didn’t do anything to her. We just hung out.” Mrs Doh says to her youngest son cheekily. Hearing that, only then Jasmine realizes that they are actually talking about her. “I thought you were talking about another Jasmine as this Jasmine is having so much fun today spending her time with omma. Omma didn’t do anything weird to me. She gave me a wonderful mother-daughter date.” Jasmine explains to Kyungsoo. He looks guilty. “I didn’t mean to say that but Jasmine, I don’t have another Jasmine in my life. You are my one and only Jasmine.” He says correcting the fact. “Noted!” Jasmine replies as she smiles at him. Only then he feels more relax. “Kyungsoo, don’t you feel weird seeing how Meongmool is ignoring you right now? Even Hochoo is doing the same thing. They only stick to Jasmine since she came earlier. It looks like they are her guardians left and right.” Seungsoo says pointing at their puppies standing next to Jasmine. Only then he realizes how he is not greeted like usual. “Meongmool, Hochoo, oppa is here.” He tries to get their attention as he kneels down on the floor to match their eyes but he is totally ignored. They only stare at him emptily. There is no sign of them to move. “I think they don’t want you because you were not behaving well earlier.” Jasmine says to him referring to what he said to omma. Her words make the others burst into laughter as they find the logic there. Kyungsoo stands back up as he is giving up. “I am sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude.” He explains himself. Jasmine winks at him saying it is fine. She then goes to Mrs Doh asking if she needs any help. “Go relax in the living room. I’ll bring you some snacks. Go go! Seungsoo, Kyungsoo, go accompany Jasmine.” She says to them. “Okay omma!” Seungsoo replies as he winks at Kyungsoo who looks so restless right now. He has no idea that Jasmine is there at their home. His mother called him earlier asking if he could join them for dinner and that was it. He only found out that his mother went out with Jasmine when she briefly mentioned about it on the phone. She didn’t say anything about bringing her home for dinner.

 

Kyungsoo then pulls Seungsoo aside. Jasmine is already in the living room playing with the puppies which look extra friendly with her. It is a rare sight for the four of them. “Hyung!” Kyungsoo says to his older brother. He doesn’t get to say much as Seungsoo pats his shoulders with the intention to calm him down. He is aware of what he is worried about. “Don’t worry! We don’t do anything to embarrass you.” He says jokingly. Kyungsoo wants to ask more but he stops as their mother is scolding them for leaving Jasmine alone. “There is nothing to be worried about if you’re that curious. We keep our promise to you.” Mrs Doh says to him. He then smiles at her awkwardly. The three of them then go to the living room where Mr Doh is already sitting there talking to Jasmine. “Do you have p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter