Where is She?

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Arriving at the apartment, it is already five minutes to two. But it seems like Jasmine is still alone. She went back to the wet market to continue shopping for some more groceries and fresh goods as she plans to make some side dishes that she can leave for Kyungsoo and Nam manager to eat after she leaves later. She goes to the bedroom to get changed before going back to the kitchen to start working in her simple white tshirt and black pant. “Where should I start?” She asks herself taking a deep breath. She knows that she is running out of time but panicking is not the best thing to do right now. She gets a note she wrote last night. She needs to just follow it so she doesn’t miss anything. She grabs the black plastic bag she left in the sink earlier. “Okay Mr Crabs, please be nice to me.” She says to the fresh crabs she bought from the wet market. They are still alive and moving. She is making some Ganjang Gaejang (soy sauce marinated raw crab) with them. It takes her a while to clean it but the process after that is a lot easier. While she waits for the marinate ingredients to boil, she continues making the next side dishes based on cucumbers like cucumber Kimchi (Oi Kimchi) and cucumber salad (Oi Mulchim). She doesn’t even realize how time flies when she focuses on making different types of side dishes. She takes a look at the wall clock. It is already 4.30pm and she has not eaten yet. She feels a little hungry. She opens the refrigerator to see what she can cook. She bought fresh chicken earlier. Ddakgalbi (spicy stir fried chicken) should be nice. She couples it with some simple seaweed tofu soup. Exactly after she is done cooking, someone is by the door keying the passcode. So it must be one of the managers or Kyungsoo. “Jasmine, I am sorry. My work just finished. Are you okay?” Kang manager comes to the kitchen asking her. He looks so tired. “Don’t worry. I am fine. Have you eaten?” She asks him. He shakes his head. “Aigoo. Do you want to take a shower first or shall we eat together now? I just finished preparing dinner.” She says pointing at the stove where two occupied pots are. “Let’s eat first. I am so hungry. Thank you for cooking. I planned to go and find something to eat later.” He says being honest as he takes a seat at the counter. “No problem, I am happy to do all this. Kyungsoo oppa and Nam manager are still working?” She asks as she serves the food. He nods. “Yeah, you might not be able to see him before you leave.” He says informing her. She nods. She is aware of that.

 

 

“What time should we leave later?” Kang manager asks as he drinks his water. Jasmine is thinking. “I don’t know. I am good. I don’t have much to pack. So I don’t think I have any problem to leave at any time. You’re the one who will be driving. So I will let you decide. But actually I can drive too.” She replies. “Kyungsoo will be really worried if I let you drive late at night. I don’t want to take that risk. Is eight okay for you? If we leave by 8pm, most probably we’ll arrive in Soeul by midnight if there is no heavy traffic. What do you think?” He asks her. She nods. “That is perfect. We have about two hours to leave now. Go get some rest.” She says to him. “Let me wash the dishes. You already cooked for us.” He says standing up as he gathers the used dishes. She just lets him be. Suddenly they hear something from the bedroom. “Isn’t that your phone?” He asks her. “Yeah, let me get it first. I’ll help you later.” She says running towards the bedroom. After a good ten minutes, she goes back to the kitchen and she finds everything is already cleaned. “Aigoo, you should have let me help.” She says looking at him awkwardly. “You need to rest too.” He says wiping his hand with the kitchen towel. “Is everything okay?” He asks as Jasmine is looking at him as if she has something serious to ask. “Kang manager, is it possible if..” She starts explaining what she was informed earlier through the phone. “Oh, I am fine. It is up to you. As I said, I can drive you back to Seoul anytime you want. I have no problem at all.” He replies smiling at her making sure that she is convinced that she is not a handful at all. “I am so sorry.” She says to him. “Aigoo, there is nothing to be sorry for. Go get some rest. I’ll see you later.” He says convincing her that everything is going to be just fine. Going back to the bedroom, she looks at her luggage at the corner. She starts organizing her stuffs. She didn’t bring a lot so there is not much clutter to take care of. “Okay, I am done here. I should wash myself now. Let’s go!” She says to herself. She plans to rest a bit later as she already organized her things, nothing more to think about. About twenty minutes later, she goes out of the bathroom in her outfit. She checks her phone to see if there is something important or not. And she finds nothing there except for she still has time to do something else. So she decides to apply a face mask on. While waiting for the fifteen minutes to pass, she sits leaning to the bed head reading the book she brought from home killing her time.

 

 

“Hyung, Jasmine is still here, right? She hasn’t left, right?” Kyungsoo who just finished filming for today asks Nam manager as they walk towards the building where they have been staying for months. He doesn’t even bother to grab something to eat. His focus right now is to see Jasmine. He ignores his hungry tummy. He checks his watch. It is already 9.45pm. “I am not sure Kyungsoo ya. I don’t know. I don’t want to give you a fake hope.” He gives a not convincing answer. The speed of their walking is getting faster as the apartment is becoming more visible. “Why don’t you check your phone, hyung? Maybe they left you a message or anything. My phone is out of battery. I forgot to charge it last night and I don’t bring my power bank.” He lets him know. Nam manager smiles awkwardly. “Mine is dead too.” He shows his dead phone to Kyungsoo. He starts to feel uneasy. Many thoughts come to his mind. And the worst one is Jasmine and Kang manager have left without being able to contact any of them. “Where is the van?” Nam manager suddenly stops looking at the empty slot especially booked for them. No one is allowed to park their vehicles there except for them. It is empty and it only means one thing. He turns to look at the disappointed Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo ya, I think they already left. Maybe they tried to call us but as you know, both of our phones are dead.” He tries to tell Kyungsoo the best way he can. He knows that it will hurt him. He shakes his head. “No, hyung. It is impossible. She will wait for me. She won’t leave without seeing me first.” He says as he runs towards the entrance of the building where their apartment is. Nam manager rushes following him behind. They stand in front of the elevator but it seems like waiting forever. So Kyungsoo turns around to climb the stairs instead. “Where are you going?” Nam manager asks. “I’ll climb the stairs. I’ll see you up there.” He says as he starts to climb the steps. “Hey, we live on the seventh floor. Just wait for the…” He stops him. And right on that second, the elevator is open. “Come here. Elevator will be a lot faster than the stairs. You’re not Kai. Your superpower is strength, not teleporting.” He teases him. Kyungsoo sighs but he listens to him this time. They both wait for the elevator to arrive at the seventh floor. Once the door is open, Kyungsoo runs towards their apartment keying in the passcode and he is welcomed by the dark and quiet home. He looks for any signs of people but there is none. He can only see traces of Jasmine in the kitchen. ‘She must have cooked something before she left. It smells good.’ He says to his self. “Are they still here?” Nam manager who just arrives by the door asks him. Seeing how bitter he looks, he knows that the answer is negative. “It is okay Kyungsoo ya. You will see her again in a few weeks. The filming will be wrapped up sooner than we thought.” He tries to make him feel better. Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything. He walks towards the kitchen opening the lid of the pot. “She really cooked something for us before she left. She is so sweet.” He says more to himself. He opens the refrigerator. He can see containers of new side dishes prepared by Jasmine earlier. “Hyung, come here for a while.” He calls his manager, the only person he can talk to right now. “Why Kyungsoo?” He asks him. “I told you she loves to cook. Look how full our refrigerator is right now. There is barely any space for more. Did she spend her time making this the whole day?” He says it out. Nam manager pats his shoulder. “I believe she really did.” He says to him looking at the side dishes feeling very touched..

 

 

“I am going to miss her so badly again.” Kyungsoo says as he pours some water into two cups for him and his manager. He tries his hardest not to feel down too much. He doesn’t want to get affected by this personal problem of his. He needs to stay focus on his work. “You should give her a call. Make sure to charge your phone later.” Nam manager says to him before drinking the water. The cup slips from his hand and so does Kyungsoo’s as they both hear someone is keying in the passcode to the door of their apartment. They keep looking at each other started to feel creepy. The quiet apartment is now accompanied by the beep sound from the door. There is no one else knows the passcode. What is happeneing? They can hear footsteps and they turn pale in no time. “Oh, you’re done filming?” Kang manager greets them with a question. Kyungsoo is confused. Nam manager is staring at him strangely. Kang manager is looking at them judging. “What is wrong with you two? Are you guys okay?” He asks placing the pizza he bought from the pizza place in the town on the counter. He approaches them who look as if they just met with some ghosts. “Why are you here? Where is Jaass..” Kyungsoo doesn’t get to finish his words when he sees a familiar face in her black pajama. “Oppa, you’re home?” Jasmine asks him smiling. She doesn’t have any idea what is happening right now. Kyungsoo leans on the refrigerator. ‘Am I dreaming?’ He whispers. When he finds some strength, he approaches her as fast as he can. He stops in front of her. He keeps staring at her without saying anything. ‘Is this real or it is just my imagination?’ He asks himself. Jasmine is looking at him weirdly. Just like him, she stays quiet letting him staring at her for a while. Suddenly he comes closer and he hugs her tight. Jasmine who is not ready with the hug is really surprised by that sudden act. Her heart is beating faster, so is his heart. She can feel it. Kang manager is surprised to see that. Nam manager is frozen. Jasmine is looking at them with her eyes wide open as if she is asking for an explanation. And that physically touch skin to skin makes Kyungsoo feels warm. He slowly lets her go but not completely. He looks at her and she is also looking at him simultaneously. She lifts her right hand before touching his cold cheek. She lifts higher wiping his cold sweat on his forehead. “Oppa, are you okay?” She asks him. Only then he takes a step back making a safe gap between them. “I am so sorry. I thought I was hallucinating. I thought you were already on your way back to Seoul. I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to take advantage on you. I am..” He starts explaining himself. She giggles. She holds his hands stopping him from talking nonsense and moving further. “Oppa, it is okay. Take a deep breath and let it go slowly.” She guides him. He does what he is asked. After a few times, he starts to feel calm. And at the back ground, both managers are doing the same thing. “You’re not mad that I hugged you really tight without any reason?” Kyungsoo asks her. She shakes her head. “No, it is not that you intended to do something inappropriate to me. Plus I am used to it now as we do it all the time. But I could feel the difference, this time it was a lot tighter than usual. You looked worried. Why? And why did you think that you were hallucinating? You didn’t know that I am staying?” She asks him pulling him to the sofa. The two managers follow them. “You’re staying?” Both Kyungsoo and Nam manager ask her simultaneously. She nods. “I did inform you earlier. I sent you two a message.” Kang manager clears it out. “You did? I am sorry. Both of our phones are out of battery.” Nam manager lets them know. “No wonder I didn’t get any reply when I asked what pizza you wanted to eat. I just bought the peperoni one. I don’t care, you have to finish it later.” Kang manager says to them. All of them end up laughing seeing the sulky Kang manager.

 

 

“You didn’t know how sad I was to see the empty parking lot and when I entered the apartment, I didn’t see your shoes. I was so confident that you left.” Kyungsoo says being honest of what he actually felt. “You sure know why the van was not there, right? And regarding my shoes, I put them inside the closet. It looks a lot nicer to see the clean entrance without many pairs of shoes on the floor. I am sorry I surprised you. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter