Will I Ever..?

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Opening the door, Jasmine knows that everyone is still deep in their sleep. It is understandable especially when they had a very long day yesterday plus they went to bed so late. So she makes sure not to make any loud noise as she passes the managers’ room and living room where Kyungsoo is still sleeping. He is all covered from top of his head to the end of his feet under the blanket. Only one arm is visible, the right one. His glasses are on the coffee table along with his script book. She can’t hear any snore coming from him. He is a quiet sleeper. She literally tips her toes going to the kitchen as she doesn’t want to wake him up from sleeping. She moves slowly taking the container of rice out from the cabinet, putting two cups of it inside a big bowl before washing it. She then leaves it to soak for a while as she moves to the refrigerator to get other ingredients. She is making Dwaenjang Jjigae (bean paste stew), she also wants to fry some fishes they bought last night. After about ten minutes, she puts the soaked rice inside the rice cooker and let it cook. It is time to start cooking the stew. When the pot is hot enough, she puts in pieces of beef she cut into bitable sizes. And the process continues. The delicious smell spread around the house and it wakes Kyungsoo up in a very good mood. He is literally smiling right now because he knows that he is not dreaming. He knows that someone he missed so badly is in the kitchen cooking something. He can hear a soft voice of Jasmine singing to random songs as she prepares the food. And it is a sign that she is really in the kitchen. He grabs the chance to wash up a little bit in his room after tidying up where he slept earlier. He will bother her later after washing up. That is the plan. Entering his room, he is smiling again to see the tidy bed and he can clearly see her luggage put neatly at the side. Her phone is left on the side table along with her journal and a pen next to it. She doesn’t leave any clutter at all. And that is so him but she is in a higher level. After he is done washing up, he goes straight to the kitchen. He wants to see her as soon as possible but she is not there. He tries to look around but there is no trace of her except for the food.

 

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo hears someone is opening the door. There Jasmine is. She is surprised to see him there. “Oh oppa, good morning! You’re awake already? Did you get a good sleep?” She greets him happily. He smiles wide to see her there. “Morning Jasmine, yeah I did. Where did you go?” He asks her wanting to know. “I went out to throw the trash away.” She replies as she goes back to the kitchen. This time she is followed by him behind. “Aigoo. You don’t have to do that.” He says to her shaking his head a few times. She smiles at him. “It is okay oppa. It is not a big deal.” She says to him. To think about it again, it seems like it is her habit to throw away the trash after she is done cooking. It happened a few times before. “Are the managernimdeul awake too?” She asks him as she washes her hands. He stands next to the refrigerator looking at her. “I don’t think so.” He answers. She turns to look at him. “Are you hungry? I have cooked our breakfast. If you want to eat now, I can serve it for you. Or shall we wait for them to wake up so we can eat together?” She gives him options. He goes for the latter one. “I am not that hungry. Let’s wait for them.” He replies as he takes a look at what she prepared for them. He can see some egg rolls, fried fishes and Dwenjang Jjigae still on the stove. Jasmine nods. “In the meantime, I’ll make you this magic drink that will make you stay energized throughout the day. Hopefully!” She says. He frowns. He is curious to know more. “What kind of drink are you talking about?” He asks right away. She smiles as she takes out a bottle of fresh milk, a jar of honey, a piece of medium size Chinese yam and three pieces of banana. She takes out a mini blender she brought from home. Kyungsoo is surprised to see that ‘thing’ he never saw before in this apartment. She realizes that. “I packed it with me last night.” She explains.

 

 

Jasmine smiles as she cuts the banana and the Chinese yam into small pieces. After that, she puts it inside the blender before pouring milk in. For the next step, she uses the wooden spoon to scoop the honey in to complete the recipe. Once she is done, she turns on the blender that is using batteries to function. Kyungoo finds it incredible that she doesn’t need to connect it to the power socket. She waits for it to mix well for a few seconds. “It is ready!” She says excitedly. She grabs a cup and pours the mix in. She gives the cup to Kyungsoo. He is still in daze to see how quick she prepares it. “Please have a taste, oppa.” She says smiling at him. He tries it right away and he immediately falls in love with the taste. He looks at her with his two big round eyes before giving her a thumb up with another hand holding a cup. She smiles feeling satisfied. She then pours another cup for herself. She has a taste. The natural sweetness from the banana makes it tastes wonderful and the honey plays it role too. She loves it. “Is this your new recipe?” He asks her as this is the first time she makes it for him. She shakes her head. “Actually I got the recipe as I watched something on TV years ago. It looked easy and filling. So I tried to make it once and I fell for the taste right away. So I made this almost every day back when I was still living in the university dorm. It is because I normally didn’t have enough time to prepare a decent breakfast for myself. I replaced it with this drink and I felt great. But halmeoni doesn’t like it. She prefers me to have a proper breakfast every morning. So this is a secret, okay? Don’t let her know I teach you this easy recipe. Once I moved in with the members, I made it a few times and they really like it.” She shares the story with him. He nods. “Okay, I am not going to let her know. I’ll zip my mouth tight. I wonder how it will taste if we use strawberries.” He says. “It tastes amazing, oppa. You should try making it yourself. Any berries are nice. You can also use apple as a substitute.” She lets him know. “Where did you buy this blender? It is nice and small. And I really like the fact that it is portable.” He asks holding it. “I bought it years ago. I don’t remember anymore. I have another one at home. So I will leave this one with you here. No excuse for you to escape your breakfast after this. I already teach you a cheat to a filling breakfast.” She says smiling at him. He smiles back feeling so touched.

 

 

“You know what Jasmine, you are too mature for someone your age.” Kyungsoo suddenly blurts it out. Jasmine’s face is changed. She puts the cup back on the counter giving her full attention to the sunbae who is speaking. “Do I look older than what I am supposed to be?” She says touching her own face. He realizes his mistake. He shakes his head right away trying to correct his words. “No, I don’t mean it that way. You are beautiful. You look perfect. You are the prettiest girl I have ever seen in my life.” He says it out without thinking much. Only then he stops as he knows that it was not supposed to be utter out like that. She is static before breaking a smile for him looking at the confused man in front of her. “Thanks for the compliment. But seriously, what did you mean by me being too mature? Is that a bad thing, oppa?” She asks innocently. He denies it. “No, it is not a bad thing Jasmine. What I meant by you being too mature is, you are very caring and you know a lot about life. It makes you special because I never met someone at your age viewing life like you do. And I am so thankful to be given a chance to meet you in this world. Thank you for everything.” He says taking a breath in as he manages to present his real meaning. She looks at him giving him a small smile. “Oppa, don’t thank me. I don’t deserve that. Thank the ones who brought me into this world. Thank the ones who cherish me with love and care. My parents and my family deserve that compliment, not me. I am just an ordinary girl. I don’t do anything to be where I am right now. I am just a no body without them. If I am special in your eyes, it is because I am raised and loved by the special ones.” She says it out. Kyungsoo smiles as he is holding back the tears to hear the sincere words coming from this girl. He is not surprised to hear that but still he can’t help but to feel touched. They have known each other for months now but why does he feel like he has known her forever? There is something about her that reminds him of someone special he used to have in his life many years ago. But he doesn’t have any idea why. The bond they create seems to have started a long, long time ago. ‘Why do I feel this way?’ He whispers to himself as he stares at her blankly.

 

 

Seeing how silent Kyungsoo is, Jasmine takes a look at him. He is staring at her but he doesn’t say any words. It seems like he is seeing through her. It is obvious that something is bothering him. “Oppa, are you okay? Do you want to share something with me?” She asks as she slightly touches his arm pulling him back to reality. That simple touch manages to get his attention. He gulps. “Yeah, I am okay. I am sorry. I was thinking about something else. Since I have known you months ago, I have always been so curious about your parents. I wonder where this precious girl in front of me inherits her special traits from. Do you mind if I ask you about them now?” He asks her. She smiles. When she is comfortable with someone, she can open up a bit and share a few stories about her family. And when it comes to her pare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter