When is your birthday?

My Unexpected Fated Route To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Excuse me miss. Do you have time?” Suddenly three females come approaching Jasmine who just left the train to go to her afternoon ballet dance class that will start in an hour. It is her habit to come way earlier than scheduled time. In this world that she and everyone are living right now, anything can happen at pretty much any times. So she is mostly prepared with ‘extra’ time every single day. That ‘extra’ time can be invested on impromptu incident like now. She is looking at the three females with her round big eyes that she inherited from her mother. “Me?” She asks pointing at herself. She checks again. Just in case, she misunderstood. All three of them nod their heads quickly. “Right now?” She decides to ask again. They again nod for the second time. Jasmine copies them a short while later.

 

 

As the four of them are literally standing in the middle of the busy train station, Jasmine finds the need for them to move to another location. She doesn’t want to create any inconveniences towards other public transports’ users. As the fact for public transportations’ existence is to ease people’s life, she doesn’t want to cause the opposite. “Shall we talk at that corner?” Jasmine suggests as she is pointing at the wall next to the mini bakery area. They all nod and the four of them move to the pointed area without saying any words. ‘Are they fine?’ Jasmine questions herself. As it is pretty obvious that they look troubled and desperate if that is the right word to be used looking at their faces right now.

 

 

Once they stand next to the bakery, the female in black jacket starts questioning Jasmine. “Were you born on the April, 12th?” She asks. Jasmine shakes her head. “How about May the 22nd?” The second female wearing pink beanie asks her. Again, she doesn’t nod. “Is it September the 21st?” The final female wearing a long blue padding jacket asks her. The answer is still negative. Jasmine is confused as why she is asked about these dates but she doesn’t get to ask because the questions don’t seem to stop. The first female is back with the numbers. “March the 26th, am I right?” Jasmine is not reacting. She keeps on blinking. “November the 27th?” She looks at the second female before furrowing her eye brows. “Let me try my luck again. May 6th, isn’t it?” Jasmine starts to feel confused. ‘Are they some kinds of fortune tellers or what?’ She says in her mind while looking at the third female.

 

 

Jasmine looks at the first female as she knows she is going to say another date. “How about January the 14th? Does it sound familiar?” She asks her. She immediately shakes her head. The three of them start to look down. It is as if they know that they are going to lose something. “I think October the 7th is not your birthday, right?” It is the final question from the second female. Jasmine smiles in agreement. “I know this is kind of impossible but I only have one final date now. Please tell me that you were born on the 12th of January, young girl.” The third female asks almost begging while holding Jasmine’s both hands tight. She closes her eyes tight while the other two are dumbfounded to finally see her nodding her head with a smile on her face. Jasmine is smiling.

 

 

“Seriously?” The second female asks with a higher toned voice that it attracts some of the people who are waiting for the arrival of the next train. It shows her excitement. The third female is confused as she is not aware of the situation they are in right now. Jasmine nods. “Yes, I was born on the 12th of January.” She verbally says her birthday. “OMG! Is this for real?” The third female asks her. She nods. “I can’t believe we finally found one. Thank you for being born on that day.” The first female leaves a comment. “May I ask a question?” Jasmine asks looking at the all smiling ladies in front of her. They all nod almost simultaneously.

 

 

“Are you some kind of psychics who read people through their birthday? But what is with the birth dates you asked earlier? Are they the luckiest ones or the unlucky ones?” Jasmine finally asks for an explanation as she is left being confused since the very beginning. They all are surprised to hear her question. They immediately shake their heads. “No, young girl. We are not. We are actually looking for some new talents. We are working in the entertainment field. Our company assigned us to find some girls. Today is the dateline so we are very desperate. I am not going to deny that. I am just thankful that we found you. Do you have time today? Maybe we can sit somewhere and discuss a little bit.” Her answer makes Jasmine steps back once. When it comes to entertainment industries in Korea, she is aware that scams and bad people are everywhere. Though the three females look very sincere, she doesn’t know the truth. Plus she only meets them today. It is still very early to put her trust on them.

 

 

Being careful is what Jasmine’s grandparents always say to her so that is what she is doing right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter