Live

The Life of the Sixth Member

You're known as one of the idols who love interacting with fans on and off stage. That means you're one of the idols who actually do frequent IG live sessions whenever you're in a specific mood or when you just miss your fans and needed to see them. As much as you love doing your own though, you also love doing it with someone else, which means you often crash into someone else's Live (mostly your members' though) and just suddenly appear. This always has the fans on the edge of their seats trying to figure out whether you would appear or not. 

In Red Velvet, Wendy's known as the one who does live karaoke by broadcasting it on IG live and the members usually listen to her through their own phones, commenting that they're there and love her voice. You, on the other hand, love to experience her voice live so you often crash into her Live and surprise her by appearing. Or, if you knew Wendy didn't want to be disturbed, you opened the door of the room she was in a little so her voice would flow outside and you just sat there enjoying her voice. Wendy usually does Lives at the company so the staff there were immune to seeing you outside a random practice door with Wendy singing inside at this point. 

As usual, Wendy was at the company doing Lives and this time you wanted to let your presence known. It just so happen that you were at the company too and you were thankful you didn't have to drive all the way from the dorm just to listen to her sing. You got the notification on your phone that Wendy was doing a Live so you opened it just to figure out which practice room she was in. After you were done with your meeting, you made your way to the room with a warm drink in hand, knowing Wendy wouldn't have one with her. 

As you approached the room you checked her Live through your phone one more time to see what was doing; you didn't exactly want to barge-in in the middle of her singing. It just so happened that she was replying to comments, one of them being Joy's, so you figured it would be safe for you to come in. 

You turned the video off and opened the door, making Wendy turn in surprise. She knew she booked the room for a few hours so she didn't think anyone would come in. Her eyes widened when she saw your smiling figure and she could just see the comments turning crazy.  

"Liza!" 

You walked towards her with a bright smile on your face. "Hello, Wan-unnie. Is it okay if I join?" You greeted her smoothly, making literally everyone in the comments melt. Your low tone was just... something else. 

Wendy nodded furiously and scooted over a little so you would be in the frame too when you sat down. You laughed and bent down a little to kiss her head before sitting down, extending your hand that had the mug. "For you." 

She looked down curiously and when she had the mug in her hands, her eyes widened again. Honestly, the expressions your big sister can make were no joke. 

"Aw, you brought me a warm drink! This would be nice for my throat," she looked up at you slightly with gratefulness obvious in her eyes. "Thank you, Eli-ah." 

You just smiled at her warmly. "Of course, Unnie." 

Wendy sipped on the drink and turned towards the camera again, exclaiming "Sooyoung-ah! My throat isn't going to hurt anymore, Eli just brought me a warm drink!" before introducing you, though she knew the fans didn't need an introduction. 

"Everyone, my little sister Eli is here!" She turned to you to see you looking at her so lovingly. She blushed as she giggled, covering her face with her hands.

She might be a flirt to others but you could make her run for her money with your gaze. "Say hi to everyone, Liza!" 

You finally turned your attention towards the camera and gave it a bright smile, waving your hands. "Hello, everyone! Red Velvet's Eli is here!" 

You leaned in a little to read through the comments whilst Wendy enjoyed her drink, resting a little before she sang her next song which she wanted you to join in. 

The comments moved so fast but you could read Joy's, Seulgi's, and Yeri's all about you being there and how sweet you were. The comments from the fans also made you laugh which prompted Wendy to lean in too. 

"What are you laughing at?" 

You only shook your head in amusement, still reading through them. 

'Oh my god, Eli!!!!!! Hi!!!!' 

'the way Wendy changes to English when she speaks to Eli is adorable' 

'please do a duet! We'd love to hear it please please please' 

'Eli-ah, thank you for bringing that drink!' 

You smiled, looking straight at the camera as if to speak directly to her. "You're welcome, Sooyoung-unnie." 

'Eli-unnie please dust off Wendy-unnie's hat! I can't stand seeing the dust' 

You laughed loudly before leaning back to dust off Wendy's hat, making Wendy look up at you in bewilderment. "Yeri told me to dust off your hat. Too dusty." 

She scoffed and you patted her head slightly before leaning in towards the phone again. 

'Eli-aaaaaaaah Seulgi-unnie misses you!!!' 

You cooed, already imagining how Seulgi would pout and cling to you. People would actually be surprised at how clingy Seulgi can be with you. "I miss you too, Seulgi-unnie! I'll come to your room when I get home, okay?" 

The comments continued about how sweet the interaction was and Wendy, noticing how late it had gotten, disrupted your comment reading. 

"Eli-ah, how about you sing with me?" 

You straighten up immediately, looking at her with surprise clearly written in your eyes. "Are you sure, Unnie? I won't mind just listening to you, you know." 

Wendy sighed before putting down her drink and facing you directly, making sure you were paying attention. "Eli, I want you to sing with me, okay? Let's sing one of your favourite songs and we can harmonise." 

You gleamed in happiness then you tackled your big sister in a big hug, Wendy huffing due to your weight on her but hugging you back with the same force nonetheless.  "Thank you! This is a dream come true, Unnie." 

Wendy thought she should invite you to her Lives more often if this was how you'd feel. "You're too sweet," Wendy squeezed you one more time before pulling back, going to the laptop to find the song. She knew what you were going to pick anyway. 

She made her choice and looked up at you in question, to which you answered with an excited nod. 

"Ready, dongsaeng-ah?" 

"Ready, Unnie." 

Both of you produced an amazing cover that night, proving to everyone that you were also an amazing singer and how well Red Velvet actually harmonises. After everything was done, both of you clapped and complimented each other then turned to the comments to see them complimenting you both. 

After reading Joy and Seulgi's sweet comments Wendy giggled, not knowing how to act to such sweet compliments. "Do you need anything? I'll buy them on my way back to the dorm." 

Joy commented 'I just need Unnie' and she giggled even harder while you jokingly scoffed, glaring at the camera. 

"So flirty, Sooyoung-unnie. Don't say I'm the flirty one from now on." 

Wendy just slapped your arm slightly before ending the session. "Thank you for listening and please always be with Red Velvet because we'll always be with you. Be with us forever." 

You turned serious. "Yes, please always support us and we always got your back, ReVeluvs. We love you." 

"We'll see you next time during our comeback party!" You actually mentioned it and Wendy looked at you in shock.

"Are we allowed to say that?" 

You shrugged and a smirk formed on your lips. "They're going to know sooner than later, Unnie, don't worry." 

Wendy could only heave a sigh before giving the camera a kiss goodbye. "Bye, everyone!" 

You winked and waved. "Bye!" 

That night everyone couldn't stop saying about how wonderful Wendy's vocals were and how amazing your voice actually was. They got to see how talented you both were at harmonising and singing in general and couldn't wait for the comeback. 

They just hoped you didn't get in trouble with that last comment.