(TW) Are You Serious?

The Life of the Sixth Member

TRIGGER WARNING

This chapter is based on Wendy's recent incident at the SBS Gayo Daejun rehearsals. If it's going to upset you, please don't read this chapter and wait for the next one. I wrote this chapter not because I wanted to get views but because of how I'm feeling towards the accident. I hope Wendy will heal quickly and receive all the loves she so much deserves. If you need anyone to talk to, I'll be happy to listen.

 

You were furious. 

How could they let this happen? They were supposed to follow safety precautions, looking out for the performers that would perform at their show, and they had the audacity to neglect their responsibilities even after many idols shared their concerns about the stage? 

ing hell you were angry. 

The minute you received the news that your angel-like older sister Wendy had fallen down the 2.5-meter stage during rehearsal, you immediately left whatever you were doing and demanded your manager to drive you to the hospital. You'd been notified that the other members were on their way already so you didn't bother to contact them, knowing you would see them at the hospital. 

As soon as you got there you immediately exited the car, walking towards the emergency room. You saw your members sitting in the secluded waiting room and when they saw you, they all got up with anxiousness written all over their faces. Yeri ran towards you and hugged you, you hugging back tightly in return. 

"Unnie," she whimpered and you shushed her, rocking her a little to calm her down, "Wendy-unnie is a fighter. She'll heal, Yerimmie, don't you worry." You kissed the side of her head and she pulled back from the hug, knowing you would want to comfort everyone. 

Joy hugged you next and Seulgi followed suit, whimpering into your neck. You tried to only channel your comfort to your members instead of showing your anger and worry. "She's very healthy, Unnie, I'm sure she'll heal quickly," you talked lowly as your lips pressed to her temple. She eventually nodded and you squeezed her one more time for comfort before going over to your guardian. 

You knew Irene had been suppressing her own worries so her members wouldn't get even more anxious but seeing you here she felt like she could finally let go. 

Irene buried her face on your chest as she silently sobbed, trying to not make too much sound so the other members wouldn't be aware of her cries. You hugged her tighter whilst kissing the top of her head, whispering words of comfort. 

"Let it all out, Unnie, I'm here," she hugged you tighter as she tried to get her emotions in control, "Wan-unnie will be fine, Hyun-unnie. She's strong and healthy, and has the best doctors helping her, right? I know they'll do their damn best." 

Listening to your cursing she giggled softly and you smiled, feeling accomplished that you got her to calm down. After she's done she pulled back from the hug a little so she could wipe away her tears discreetly. You kissed her forehead one more time. "She'll heal, Unnie. Knowing how relentless she is I'm sure she'll follow every doctor's orders so she could heal as soon as possible." You gave her a warm smile and she smiled back, snuggling back into your embrace. 

You turned around slightly so you could talk to your other members that were sitting down, talking amongst themselves about how future schedules would now be carried out.

"Has there been news from the doctors?" You brought the both of you to sit down, Irene on your lap so she could continue snuggling into you. 

You knew your leader needed this and Irene probably felt the same as she didn't even try to act strong like before. 

Your members all shook their heads "no" and you sighed, leaning back into your seat. You just wanted to see Wendy so she'd know that all of you were there for her and would support her during her recovery process so she knew she wouldn't be alone. Feeling your anxiety bubbling up, Irene rubbed your arm in an attempt to ease your worries. She knew you were trying to be strong for everyone, for her, so she'd comfort you as best as she could. 

"That's okay," you gave everyone a warm smile, hoping they'd feel more comforted, "I'm sure they're being very careful and working their best for her. Should we get something for Unnie when we go see her?" 

Yeri brightened up a little and everyone couldn't help but smile a little wider. "We should buy her favourite Gongcha drink! I know that would make her feel better." 

Joy giggled, ruffling Yeri's hair a little as adoration shined from her eyes. "A very good idea, Yerim-ah," she then turned towards you again, "should we buy it or have our managers buy it?" 

You looked down at Irene and she looked up at you, giving you a nod. You turned back towards the others. "Can someone call Hosik-oppa and ask him to get it? Maybe we all could use a drink." 

Seulgi nodded. "I'll call him! He knows our orders, right?" 

For the first time in a while, Irene piped up a "He better" with threat underlining her tone which made everyone chuckle, glad their leader was feeling better. They knew she was trying so hard to hold everything together and be strong for them but sometimes, it's good to see that their leader can be weak in front of them too. 

After waiting for a little while, which you spent at playing Call of Duty Mobile with Yeri and Irene watching your every move, a doctor came in. 

"Good evening, my name is Doctor Lee and I'm the one responsible for Seungwan-ssi's health at the moment." He bowed and you all stood up and bowed back, replying to his kind smile. 

"She has some scratches on her face and fractures on her right pelvis and right wrist, due to her holding her weight when she fell." You all gasped in horror, Yeri and Joy looking like they were about to cry again. Irene wrapped her arm around yours and squeezed it, you putting your other hand to hold hers. 

"Her right cheekbones are also cracked and she's bruised in many places. I'm afraid some of her injuries are still swollen so we'll treat them first for us to be able to diagnose everything correctly," he didn't want to tell them the details but he figured you deserved to know. 

He looked at you with sympathy in his eyes. "We'll be working with her so she could heal as quickly as possible, and she'll have to stay at the hospital for a few days for observation of her swollen injuries." 

You all stood there in silence, trying to digest everything. It was all too overwhelming. You scooted closer to your members, wrapping the arm that wasn't being held by Irene around Seulgi's shoulders to give her comfort. Following suit, Joy wrapped her arm around Yeri to provide the strength the maknae needed. 

Dr Lee smiled slightly at the gesture and knew Wendy was definitely in good hands. "We'll talk to your managers. In the meantime, you can visit her for as long as you'd like. We'll be moving her to a room later today, okay?" 

Irene resumed her duties as the leader, straightening up her posture and letting go of your arm only to hold your hand in hers. 

"Thank you for everything, Doctor. Please let us know what we can do to help her." She bowed her head in respect and he did the same, giving her a comforting smile.

"Just be there for her for now, she needs it. I know she feels guilty for not being able to perform anytime soon, maybe you can comfort her."

You nodded, determination clear in your eyes. "We will, Doc. Thank you again." 

Doctor Lee turned to you only to be met with a strong gaze. He knew you were trying to hold everyone together and he had seen how everyone clearly leaned on you for strength. "My daughter is a big fan of you, Eli-ssi, and now I can see why," he commented before bowing to everyone and leaving the room entirely. 

You all looked at each other before giggling, finding the moment quite absurd. "There Eli goes again, garnering fans from all over the place," Joy just had to tease you.

You scoffed but before you could reply, Irene squeezed your hand as a sign to stop you. "Let's visit Seungwan, I'm sure she's been waiting to see us." 

 

When you saw her you sighed in relief, glad you could see her in person after you receive the news. Even banged up your bright older sister still lit up the room with her signature warm smile. 

Yeri ran towards her to give her a big hug, careful of Wendy's injuries. "Unnie! How are you feeling?" 

Wendy smiled and hugged back, closing her eyes in relief. "Sore but fine overall. I'm glad I don't have worse injuries, to be honest." 

You all took turns in hugging her, Seulgi being the longest. You couldn't imagine how you would feel if your soulmate was hurt, so you understood why Seulgi was so worried. 

"Unnie, can you remember exactly why you fell?" You knew the answer to that based on the explanations available but you wanted to know her point of view. 

She sighed, adjusting her position so she would be more comfortable. "I was rehearsing when one of the security guards told me to move, shining a light towards the direction. I moved there but the lift hasn't been raised yet and because it was so dark I couldn't see anything, so I fell," she sighed, softly putting a hand over her cracked right cheekbones to soothe it. 

"I don't remember much after the fall, everything was just happening so fast. The next thing I knew I was here and the pain wasn't too bad anymore." 

It was silent for a while before you walked towards her side and proceeded to put your arm around her, kissing her head in affection. "You're in the best hands and you'll heal just fine, Unnie," you looked at her in the eyes, "we'll be by your side every step of the way, you got it? We won't let you deal with this alone, not a chance." 

She looked up at you with tears gathering in her eyes. "Thank you," she gazed at the members with gratitude, "I know you all have my back." 

"Of course, Seungwan-ah," Irene piped up whilst giving her a big smile, "And don't worry about our fans and our performances, okay? They all just want you to heal and rest, and will be waiting for you when you're ready." 

Joy brightened up, ready to tell Wendy how much support had been pouring in for her. "Yeah, Unnie! Yeri and I had been on SNS and you're trending everywhere! They were saying how-" her explanations continued and you kissed Wendy's cheek before standing up and going over to Irene's side, catching her questioning gaze. 

You made sure Wendy was still distracted before turning your attention to the leader. "We have to do something about SBS, Unnie. We can't let them get away with this." Your motivation was simply due to their negligence and avoidance of apology to the one they had hurt the most, and you weren't about to stay silent until they do something about this. 

If they wouldn't then you would go to the company so they could do something about it. 

Irene sighed and you could detect the frustration she had over the situation. "I know. I'm waiting for news from our managers about what SBS is going to do and what the company has in mind." 

She looked at the scene in front of her, a smile tugging on her lips. The sound of laughter from Yeri, Joy's whining, Seulgi's teasings, and Wendy's soft giggles were enough motivation for her. 

She looked up at you with firey determination clearly written on her face. "If this goes nowhere then we'll do something about it, sue them if necessary. Agreed?" 

You smirked in response. "Agreed," you began thinking the many ways you could do to persuade the company and if those don't work, then the many ways you could avenge Wendy, "I'll get my lawyers ready." 

You would do anything for the safety of your sisters. 

Anything.