Sharing Warmth

The Life of the Sixth Member

You love sharing your warmth with your members, that's a known fact by seemingly everyone. Every time the members are cold, they would come to you and without having to say a word you would know exactly what they needed, which was a warm hug. Even in public, the members would shamelessly ask for a hug, which they shouldn't be ashamed of asking honestly, and you would wrap them up in your warm embrace with a loving smile on your lips, which fansites had captured in multiple occasions enough to warrant for compilation videos to exist on social media. 

It was winter and you had a few shows to perform in, which was ridiculous because it was so cold outside and you knew your outfit wouldn't provide much warmth during times like this. During the rehearsal, the girls were wearing thick coats aside from you and Wendy (you were wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts that you deemed enough to cover you from the cold) and you could slightly hear their teeth chattering through the mics when they were not singing. After the soundcheck was done, Irene immediately went to your side to snuggle into your side and you involuntarily smiled, wrapping your arms around her. Soon enough Yeri also stood beside your other side and you proceeded to wrap your right arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to you.

"I can't believe they're making us perform in weather like this." 

You smiled sympathetically at the maknae, kissing the top of her head whilst rubbing your hand on both Irene's and her arms in an attempt to make them feel warmer. "Unfortunately, a job is a job, Yerimmie." 

Irene stayed mum though you could feel her nodding and you knew she shared the same sentiment. "When we get home, I'll cook us something warm, alright? What do you both want?" 

They both looked up at you with gratefulness and admiration shining through their eyes, glad that they had someone like you who's willing to take care of them just because you care and you can. 

"Ramen!" They both exclaimed then they cheered, high-fiving each other whilst you stood there just shaking your head in amusement, chuckling lowly. 

"Ramen it is, then. I'm sure the others wouldn't mind." Right after you said that the other members scooted closer to the three of you, forming half a circle with how they were standing. 

"I heard ramen being mentioned?" Seulgi said with a grin, prompting chuckles from the rest. 

 

Behind closed doors, your warmth surrounded not only your members but your friends and the people you work with. It was time for a solo schedule and usually, Irene would also be there but because she also had another schedule, it was just you and your manager. You got out of the car with your manager following suit, immediately finding some of your most loyal fansites already there. You greeted them with a warm smile and a bow, them replying though making sure their footage wasn't that shaky. 

"Hello! Have you been here long?" 

They shook their heads 'no' which made you sigh in relief. "Okay, then. Thank you for being here and I'll see you when I finish!" 

"Bye, Eli-ah!" "Do well on your schedule!" "Eli-unnie, fighting!" 

You grinned and winked charmingly, making them squeal. You turned to walk towards the building and your manager stepped beside you, hugging herself in an attempt to get warmer. 

"When we get in, we'll head straight towards your waiting room while we wait for your turn to go in." 

You nodded whilst looking at her, concern painted in your eyes. "Is it that cold, Unnie?" 

Your manager chuckled but nodded nonetheless. "It's okay, we'll be inside soon enough." 

You frowned in response, walking closer to her and wrapping your right arm around her to bring her closer. "Nonsense, come here." 

You rubbed her arm furiously which made her laugh out loud. "Eli, you're burning my arm!" 

Your eyes widened in alarm whilst she continued to laugh. "Sorry, sorry! Are you warmer though?" 

She looked up at you with twinkling eyes, warmth and appreciation seeping through her gaze. "Yes thank you, Eli. I appreciate that." 

"Of course, Unnie." You gave her a warm smile and she giggled, blush painting her cheeks. 

Once inside you greeted everyone with a 90-degree bow and a charming smile, making everyone feel warm and welcomed, which made them work with a good feeling. Turns out the rumours that they've heard were true: you're a delight to work with. 

You were friends with idols outside of the company and you would hang out with them when you have free time. This time, you were hanging out Sorn from CLC, Minnie from (G)I-IDLE, and your best friend Lisa. They were close friends because they were all from Thailand but you got invited in their hangouts simply because they were fans of you and got to personally know you from Lisa. You didn't mind because it meant making more friends and plus, Sorn films videos and edits them herself so for you, someone who's interested in making your own videos, it was a bonus. 

You were meeting up at a Thai restaurant after a schedule and once you stepped into the room, Minnie immediately spotted you and gestured you over. By the looks of it, Sorn was filming for her own channel because you could see the camera was turned towards you. 

As quickly made your way over and hugged the one closest to you, which was Minnie, in greeting. "Hello, Minnie!" 

Minnie sighed due to the warmth she was feeling and she hugged you back tightly, giggling into your shoulder. "Eli-unnie! I've missed you!" 

Minnie's the same age as you but she was born much later in the year, and because she admired you so much she didn't want to call you just by your name (she was calling you "sunbaenim" when you first met), so you both settled on "unnie" instead. Well, you do act much older than your age most of the time so you didn't mind ths title as much.

"I've missed you too, Sweetheart," you pulled back from the hug, giving her cheek a pat. "Sorry for not being able to see you earlier, we've been busy lately." 

She only giggled, blush painted on her chubby cheeks due to your affection. She's affectionate herself but she's usually the one giving them to people instead of receiving them, so she gets blushy and giggly once she's on the receiving end. "It's okay, Unnie!" 

You gave her one last smile and proceeded to put your bag on the empty chair before turning towards Sorn, her camera capturing the warm smile you were giving her. 

"Unnie! How have you been?" You leaned in for a hug and she met you halfway, hugging you as tightly but quickly as she could knowing the position wasn't too comfortable for you. 

"I've been good. Busy huh?" 

You gave her a smile, sitting down on the opposite seat. "Yeah, it's exciting though." You then realised her camera was still there and still recording, which made you wave at it. "Hello, Produsorn!" You looked at the owner again, "You're filming for Produsorn, right? Or that would've been awkward." 

The older Thai girl laughed in response. "Yeah, it is. It's okay to show your face, right?" 

"Of course, I'm not some A-list celebrity," you said with a wink, a jab towards Lisa's inability to show up in any videos not posted by her company. 

Your sarcastic answer made them laugh. "It's a good thing she's not here yet or you're dead." 

You titled your head innocently, though the mirth was evident in your eyes. "Who said I was talking about someone in particular?" 

Sorn just shook her head in exasperation whilst Minnie continued giggling into her hands, making you smile. You loved making your friends smile. 

"When is Lisa getting here? Have you guys been waiting long?"

Minnie shook her head before turning her attention towards her phone to see whether Lisa had responded. "We got here about ten minutes ago, I think? The last time Lisa said she was five minutes away," Sorn shrugged. 

You frowned. "I'm sorry that you had to wait, our schedule ran a little late and I couldn't be here when I said I would..." People that knew you knew how much you respect time, so you hated it when you can't fulfil your promises of being on time. 

Sorn put her free hand on yours that was on the table and squeezed, an understanding smile painted on her lips. "It's okay, Eli-ah, we don't mind. Besides," she shrugged, pulling her hand back as she leaned back in her seat. "You did let us know earlier that you were going to be late, so it's not like you left us hanging." 

Minnie looked up from her phone, a smile on her face. "Yeah! It's really okay, Eli-unnie, we promise." 

You stayed silent for a bit, still feeling guilty, though grateful that they forgave you. 

"Well," you sat up straighter in your seat, a new glint in your eyes. "Food is on me since I'm late." 

Sorn and Minnie gasped in surprise. They didn't know there was a deal like this. "What? It's okay, Eli, you don't need to do that." 

"Let me do this, Unnie," you gave them both a warm, genuine smile, eyes turning into crescents. "Let me share my happiness of being here with you all."

They cooed, truly touched at the gesture. You often do things like this just because you can and that just showed how caring you were. "Thank you, Eli-unnie. You're the best, truly." 

Sorn nodded furiously in agreement, making you laugh sheepishly. "Eli jjang!" 

You laughed whilst looking down abashed, thankful for the compliment. 

 

Instances like this happen a lot, and aside from physical warmth, you also like to share your comfort with other people. Your members liked to come to you whenever they needed comfort or advice, knowing that you wouldn't judge them. 

You were sitting on the sofa watching a reality TV show when Yeri approached, careful not to surprise you. You turned around before she could say your name though, which in turn surprised her instead. 

"Yes, Yerimmie?" 

She gasped with a hand on heart, eyes widening a fraction before turning into its normal size and her lips turning into a pout. "Unnie, you surprised me!" 

"Sorry, little sister," you giggled before patting the seat next to you. "What's up?" 

Yeri sat down and immediately put her head on your shoulder, making you frown. Something was wrong. 

"Unnie, I need your advice on something."

You nodded and put your head on hers. "I'm listening." 

An involuntarily smile appeared on her lips. She was glad she had you as an older sister and she knew you meant it when you said you're listening. "I've written a song and I think it's great but I don't know if I should publish it or not." 

You lifted your head up and turned your line of sight towards her, making her look up at you. "Why not?" 

She frowned in thought and you hated that look on her. A smile best suited that youthful face instead of a frown. "I don't know if the fans are going to like my voice or the song. I mean, should I even have solo songs? I'm only a sub-vocalist anyway." 

You fully turned your body towards her so you could put your hands on her shoulders. "Kim Yerim, look at me." 

She looked at you dead in the eyes knowing you meant business when you said her full name. "I don't like it when you think so lowly of yourself. So what if you're only a sub-vocalist? You're a splendid singer and an amazing song-writer. The fact that you could put your thoughts into a song is amazing, Yerim-ah, not everyone has that skill." 

You paused to let that sink into her, making sure she knew you meant every word. And you did. "People in the industry have praised your skills before, Yeri. Don't listen to the haters that say you can't sing just because they're some bitter people who don't know quality." Your heated jab towards them made her giggle, a smile turning up on her face. You couldn't help but smile back, bopping her nose cutely. "Believe in your talents, Yeri, because your true fans and we do."

She looked at you for some extra moments before enveloping you in her arms, her head on her favourite place. You cooed whilst hugging her back, head on top of hers. 

"I love you, big sis. Thank you for believing in me." 

You let a proud smile lit up your face. "I love you too, lil sis. It's my honour to be in the presence of your greatness." 

To your cheesy but honest words she slapped your back, which made you laugh out loud. 

"Eli, do you think I should change how I take pictures?" Came Joy's inquiry one day, making you raise an eyebrow in question. 

You looked up from the work you were doing. "Why?" 

She answered with a pout. "The fans said my angles are horrible and I only take pictures like that." 

You frowned in displease. How dare they make your confident older sister doubt herself like this. "Do you think your angles are horrible?"

She thought about an answer for a while. "I mean, I could definitely have some variation but I wouldn't say my angles are horrible..." she trailed off. 

You stood up with determination and confidence oozing out of your taller figure. "If you think so, then let's find the correct ones and have some variations. I'll help you." 

You took amazing pictures so she jumped at the offer. "Really, dongsaeng-ah? Aren't you busy? I don't want to disturb you." 

"Nonsense," you wrapped an arm around her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile. "Let's take some pictures! I'll teach you how to find your angles." 

There are more examples like these but the bottom line is that your members had always been grateful to have such a caring, warm and reliable member like you. They wouldn't know how they'd be like or where they'd be if you weren't in the same group as them.