Yeri Day

The Life of the Sixth Member

It was a few days after the maknae's birthday and you were going to spend the day with her and Nayeon, getting some food and catching up on each other's life as you usually do. Nayeon and the rest of TWICE had been away on tour so you couldn't hang out or talk to each other a lot but now that she'd finished with touring, you were going to hang out much frequently.

For each member's birthdays, the fans (especially the member's fansite) would often hold events so other fans get to celebrate that member's 'Day' together, networking and sharing the love they have for Red Velvet. From the rest, you and Yeri were the ones known to visit these events held by fans in order to interact with them and thank them for all the love and support they've given to you all. That's why for her birthday, Yeri planned to visit at least one event and it just so happened that the day you were going to hang out together, there was an event going on near the restaurant you were going to visit. 

"Unnie, is it okay if we visit a nearby cafe before we eat?" You were video chatting each other, you, Yeri, and Nayeon, to solidify the plans for tomorrow. 

"Weren't we going to do that after we eat, Yeri-ah?" Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. 

You answered before the youngest could. "A fan is holding an event for Yeri Day and she wants to send her gratitude, Unnie." 

Both Yeri and Nayeon widened their eyes in surprise. "How did you know?" 

"I know you, dongsaeng-ah," you smiled warmly. "And I know what the fans are up to, so I figured you'd want to stop by for a little while." 

They both nodded in sync and you huffed out a laugh at how cute they look. 

"Then let's go to the cafe before we eat, Yeri. Just enjoy your time with them, okay? We'll wait, won't we, Eli-ah?" 

It was your turn to nod. "Of course, Yerim-ah. Hang out with your best friends as long as you want." 

Yeri was touched at the older girls' understanding. She knew Nayeon wouldn't mind much but she knew exactly how much of a planner you were, and this was surely an added event that slightly pushed back your plans. Then again, you did say you were anticipating this so maybe she could feel less guilty. 

"Thank you, unnies. We're gonna eat good tomorrow! My treat!" 

Nayeon immediately cheered while you furrowed your brows in confusion. "Yeri, it's your birthday! You're the one who's supposed to be pampered, you know?" 

Yeri giggled and she couldn't help but look at you with eyes full of admiration. You say the same thing every year and really, she just admired her older sister so much. "Eli-unnie, that's a Western tradition! Besides, it's been a while since I treat you both to anything so let me do this one." You opened your mouth to protest but she beat you to it, eyes slightly pleading. "Please, Unnie." 

You looked at Nayeon to see her nodding in agreement, playfully raising one eyebrow in a way to challenge you. She knew you didn't like it when people pay for you and you like pampering other people instead, but this was the birthday girl's wishes and she knew how much Yeri wanted to pamper her older sister. 

Well, her too. 

"Fine, fine," you sighed out, a defeated albeit grateful smile painted on your lips. "Thank you, Yeri. We'll have fun." 

Yeri grinned and cheered, making Nayeon cheer along with her. "We will! See you guys tomorrow!" 

 

Next day rolled around and you were getting ready to get out of the dorm when Irene came into your room, wanted to bid you goodbye. "Do you have everything with you? You'll be wearing a coat, right?" 

You looked at her concerned eyes and you gave her your warm smile, coming to her side and putting each hand on her shoulders. "Yes and yes, Hyun-unnie. I have my  mask as well, I'll be fine." 

She looked up at you with concern still painted in her eyes but she let out a smile regardless. "I know, I'm just worried. With everything going on I wished you guys would dine in instead." 

You stepped closer to put a kiss on her forehead, her relishing the touch. "Yeri wanted to go to the fan event I told you about, then after we eat I'll come home as soon as possible. How about that?" 

You pulled back so you could look at her eyes directly, trying to appease her worries. "Yeah, that's okay. Bring that girl home with you, would you? She's been away too long." 

"Can't help but miss you daughter, can you, Unnie?" You snickered and she slapped your arm but didn't try to counter the argument. "I'll ask her when she's planning to come back. I know she's been missing her family lately and I kinda don't want to disrupt her family time." 

Irene sighed, nodding along. "I know, I'm just worried." 

"She's fine, Unnie." You gave her your special smile and she smiled a little bigger, the worry in her eyes lessening. "I'll make sure myself later, okay?"

She nodded cutely before stepping closer and putting her arms around your waist and her head on your chest in a hug. "Okay, thank you, Eli-ah." 

You kissed the top of her head. "Anything for you, Unnie." You squeezed her one more time before pulling back from the hug. "I have to go and you don't have to wait for me, okay? I don't know what time I'll be back." 

Irene's eyes hardened a little. "Just give me updates. Promise?" 

"I promise." She knew you meant every word you said. 

After you met up near the cafe the three of you made your way there, chatting along the way. When you got there, Yeri immediately walked inside but realising none of you was following her she turned back again, clearly confused. "Why are you staying outside? Come inside!" 

Nayeon and you looked at each other before shaking your head 'no' at the same time. "Go enjoy your event, Yeri-ah. We'll be here waiting." 

"But-" 

You gave Yeri a sisterly smile, nodding your head towards the direction of the cafe. You could see fans beginning to notice your presence and you gave them a smile before looking back at Yeri. "Go in, dongsaeng-ah. See your best friends. We'll be fine." 

After hesitating for a bit she nodded, turning around to go inside and greet YR ReVeluvs whilst you and Nayeon took a seat at the table outside, getting comfortable in the chilly weather.

"So, how's tour?"

Nayeon's eyes lit up before she got on to her story, you listening intently to it including to how Mina was absent for a little before joining at the end. You sympathised with the girl and made a promise to yourself to text her later. 

"And, how did-" 

Before you could get to your next question, you heard your name being called. "Eli-unnie!" Nayeon's eyes darted towards the direction of the cafe door and you turned around, an eyebrow raised in question. 

"Yes, little sister?" 

The fans that were near the door cooed at the nickname and how it so effortlessly flew out of your mouth. 

Yeri came to where you both were sitting and took a hold of your left hand, dragging you upwards to stand up as she explained.

"The fans want to see you. Come in, Unnie." 

Your eyebrows furrowed and you stayed rooted to your seat, though you didn't pull your hand away from hers. "It's your day, Yeri, go enjoy it. I don't want to take the attention away from you, you deserve it." 

Yeri's eyes turned soft and she stared at you lovingly before coming closer to hug you instead. 

"You're too sweet, Unnie," she pulled back from the hug and proceeded to tug you again. "I promise I don't mind. Come on, come inside just for a little."

You opened your mouth to protest before Yeri pulled her puppy dog eyes, lips forming into a pout. You could hear Nayeon snickering on the side, knowing you were weak for that look, and you took the time to send a glare in her direction before looking up at Yeri one more time. 

"Fine," you sighed out and Yeri squealed. "Just for you." 

After you fully stood up Yeri tiptoed to give your cheek a kiss, making the fans squeal again. You knew almost everyone was watching now. "You're the best. Thank you, Unnie."

You kissed the top of her head in reply and that made the fans that were waiting inside squeal and coo once more, you slightly blushing under the attention. 

"Hello, everyone," you bowed as a greeting and let out a beaming smile, making the girls inside to fall in love even more. 

God, you were so much prettier in real life. 

They all greeted back and Yeri dragged you to where the display was, excitedly telling you about how the fansite had greatly put up the photos and how amazing they were. Your eyes were on her as she explained, a loving, warm gaze on your eyes, proudly looking at your little sister.

Fans were taking pictures and they thought how sweet the interaction was, you being the patient older sister. Later that day you found photos and videos about it along with the sweet responses from the fans. 

After you took pictures of them with Yeri you made your way out to go along with your plans, thanking and saying goodbye to the fans as you went out. 

"Thank you again!" 

"Be safe, Yeri, Eli, and friend!" 

You snickered out a laugh at that and Yeri nudged your rib while Nayeon raised a brow in question, a teasing smile on her face towards Yeri. 

"You do realise they already know who I am, right?" 

You laughed while Yeri protested, a pout on her face. "I was only trying to protect your privacy! I didn't know they were going to recognise you immediately." 

You wrapped an arm around Yeri's shoulder in an attempt to keep her warmer but also to appease her slight agitation. "It's the thought that counts, Yerim-ah. It's okay, they were very respectful."

She looked up at you and nodded in agreement. "Well, let's eat! I'm very hungry and the food looked good back there." 

You and Nayeon looked at each other before shaking your heads in amusement, sharing the same thought. Although Yeri is blunt and mischievous, she is also pure (as pure as she could be) and should be protected at all cost.