Big Sister

The Life of the Sixth Member

"Eli unnie, are you busy?" 

Yeri's voice brought you out of your peaceful trance, making sure you mark the page of your book before turning your gaze towards your door while putting the book away. 

The maknae looked back at you with a somehow nervous gaze and that made you slightly worry. 

"Never for you, Yerim-ah. What's up?" You smiled, hoping to ease her nerves a little. 

It worked because she smiled slightly, her tensing shoulders visibly relaxing. 

She entered your room and sat beside you on the bed. Now you realised she was holding a notebook and her phone, which shook slightly due to her nerves. 

"Hey," you took both items in your hands before putting it beside you, taking her hands instead. "What's wrong? Why are you so nervous?" You can tell the worry is obvious in your eyes. 

Yeri gripped the hands holding hers slightly before asking for her items back, "I have something to show you and I want your opinion." 

You furrowed your eyebrows, "Sure, I'm listening." 

Yeri smiled, happy to have such a sweet big sister like you. With how she's the oldest in her family, she's the one who has to be the pillar for her little sisters. 

It's nice to be the youngest one for once. 

"I wrote a song for my 1000 days with you guys and I already made the melody for it," you know she wasn't finished but your eyes already gave out your response though you stayed silent, letting her finish.

"Please listen to it and let me know what you think, okay? Even though you don't like it you have to tell me, okay Unnie?" You don't know why she's so worried considering you, hell everyone, knew how good of a songwriter she was. 

"Before you start, I just want you to know that I'm so proud of you regardless I like it or not, okay Yerimmie? Unnie's very proud of you, I mean it." 

She teared up a little. Listening to your compliment made everything seems more real. 

"Thank you, Unnie. That means a lot. I'll start now." 

She gave you the notebook to look at the lyrics. Then, she played the melody on her phone and started singing. 

As cheesy as it might sound, you were taken to another world for a while. Her melody was soft and sweet, and the lyrics really portray her true feelings. 

While reading the lyrics, you realised everything became blurry. You didn't realise you began to tear up.  

Here was your little sister singing her own song that she wrote herself. You didn't know becoming an older sibling could be this rewarding. 

After she finished, she stopped the melody and turned towards you. Before she could say a word, you put your arms around her in a tight hug and buried your face on her shoulder. 

That's when she realised you were crying. 

"Unnie, why are you crying?" She hugged you back while patting your hair lightly. 

As a response, you just hugged her tighter to show how touched you were right now. 

After you stopped crying, you pulled back from the hug and rubbed both of your eyes so no there were no tears left. 

You looked at her in the eyes while putting both your hands on her shoulders. 

"Yerim-ah, my little sister. You are so talented and this song is so good. I love it," you smiled, watching her eyes light up in happiness.

"I'm so proud of you," you kissed her forehead. 

Seeing your reaction she teared up again and hugged you in return. 

"Thank you, Unnie. You don't know how happy that makes me feel. I worked so hard on this song and I'm happy with how it turns out. I want everyone to like it," her voice muffled by your clothes. 

You hugged her tighter. "I'm sure our fans will love it. Anyone with the right taste will."

She giggled and pulled back from her hug. 

"You really think so?" Shy Yeri was something you cherish. 

You raised an eyebrow. "Have I ever lied to you?" 

She smiled shyly, punching your shoulder playfully. "No...." 

"Then you have your answer," you gave her your warm smile once again. 

You're truly proud of your little sister. 

If you post on the group's Instagram saying how proud you were of "you" without mentioning who you're really talking about, she knew it was meant for her.