Moments in Europe

The Life of the Sixth Member

One of the reasons why you're glad you're an idol is because you get to travel a lot, including for variety shows. Red Velvet finally got their own in 2016 with Level Up and the last season was the third one with all of you going to Europe, a dream that finally came true (it was a running joke in the fandom that made you laugh). All of you were really excited to show more fun and real side of you as people instead of just idols. 

With the previous seasons, you were used to holding a camera in your face almost 24/7 and recording everything interesting you could think of. Right now it was your turn to record you packing for what you were going to bring there.

"Hello, everyone!" you greeted the camera cheerily, minding your voice in case one of your sisters were sleeping due to the day being quite early. 

"Are you ready for season 3 of Level Up?" you asked rhetorically, "I know I am!" you continued with a grin. 

"I'm being a bit quiet because I think some of the members are still sleeping but I'm packing right now and I want to show you what I'm bringing!" You turned the camera towards your suitcase. 

It's a shiny, navy blue suitcase that you had gotten from Irene as a birthday present a year after your debut. You remembered how happy you were considering you love the colour blue and you needed a new suitcase. You treasure it so much you make sure the suitcase is only used when absolutely necessary. 

"This is the suitcase I'm bringing," you showed the front of it, "and it's a birthday present from Irene-unnie! Isn't it gorgeous?" 

You proceeded to open the suitcase, showing what was already inside. "Because it would be summer, I'm bringing clothes that are light but also bringing some hoodies and jackets just in case it gets cold," you explained. 

"I'm not bringing too many because I think we'll go shopping there and I want to have enough space to bring the stuff home," you laughed, "oh! I'll show you what I'm wearing when we're going to the airport but I have to borrow it from Wendy-unnie. Let's see if she's awake." 

You stood up from the floor and brought the camera along with you, walking out of your room and into Wendy's. 

You knocked on the door before opening it slightly and softly just in case she's sleeping. You peeked inside and saw that she was also recording her part, sitting on her bed. 

"Unnie?" you called softly, the camera still pointed at your face. 

She stopped talking and turned towards the door before beaming at you. "Liza! What's up?" 

You smiled before opening the door wider and coming in, showing the camera to her. "Are you filming too?" 

"Yeah! Come here." She patted the spot next to her on the bed. 

You got on the bed and sat beside her, leaning your head on hers in a show of affection. "Hello!" You waved to her camera. 

"Are you packing too?" she asked and you leaned back to face her properly, the camera pointed at an angle to make sure you were both in the shot. 

You nodded. "Yeah, and I want to show what I'm going to wear when we go but I was planning on borrowing it from you," you answered with a shy smile. 

Her eyebrows went up. "Oh? What do you want to borrow?" 

Your shy smile widened into a shy grin in reply. "Can I borrow your light blue sweatshirt and sweatpants? The one you wore for that one stage rehearsal?" 

She went quiet before her eyes widened in recognition making you laugh. "Oh, that one! Of course, hang on I'll get it for you." 

She went to her wardrobe while bringing her camera, you looking into her direction before turning back to the camera and giving it a big grin. 

"Here, Liza. You can keep it." Wendy was by your side again, holding out the pair of clothes to you. 

Your eyes widened comically, surely making the viewers laugh. "What? No, I can't take that from you I only want to borrow it!" 

Wendy laughed, still holding the clothes in front of her. "You wear it more than I do anyway, might as well keep it." 

You were shaking your head no. "But—" 

"Please, El. Keep it, I know you love it and I don't even wear it anymore. Please." 

You looked into her eyes for a few more seconds, seeing only pure love in them. "Are you sure?" 

She nodded her head while playfully groaning. "Yes, now please take it." 

You took the clothes in your free hand and got up, hugging her tightly. 

"Thank you so much, Unnie. I love you.

Your camera and her camera captured her adoring smile. "I love you too."

After the episode aired, people now know the story behind you wearing the matching set owned by Wendy at the airport that day. 

 

For this trip, a different way of choosing roommates was involved. After playing a game of racing with your feet barefoot in front of the general public to determine your turns, the staff decided to have the members choose an envelope that has the number of the room in it. That way no one would whine and it would be fair for everyone. 

After Irene and Joy had gone, it was your turn. You showed your nervous face to the camera. 

"Who would I end up with this time?" 

"Me, me, me! I wanna be roommates with you, Liza!" Wendy shouted in excitement, jumping in her spot. 

You laughed out loud. "You know I cannot choose, right Unnie? I would love to be with you though." 

Yeri and Seulgi just gagged while Wendy winked at you, giving you finger hearts. You winked back before walking into the hotel to meet the staff. 

"Please choose one, Eli."

You looked at her before looking at the envelopes in her hand, your thinking face showing. 

You let out a hum before finally choosing the middle one, just hoping for the best. You love all of your sisters, you do, but that doesn't mean you don't favour one over the other when it comes to being roommates. 

You looked into the envelope for the information before walking up the stairs, the camera in hand. 

"Who do you think I would roommate with?" you asked the camera before looking back down at the paper in your hand, making sure you are in front of the right door. 

You stayed silent for a bit. "Oh, it's silent. I think it's Irene-unnie." 

You smiled at the camera before knocking on the door quickly. It wasn't long before you heard some rustles behind the door and Irene's slightly muffled voice. 

"Who could it be?" she sang out. 

The moment she opened the door, she was greeted with your beaming face. 

"El!" 

"Unnie!" 

You hugged her tightly in reflex, letting the camera planted in the room capture the sweet moment that fans later would make gifs of. 

 

There were two bedrooms in the room and you ended up sleeping on the same bed as Irene while Seulgi slept with Yeri. 

The next morning came and Seulgi and Yeri were up before you or Irene. They started the day by listening to music and dancing, laughter echoed throughout the whole room. Because you're a light sleeper, the noises woke you up and you groaned, snuggling deeper into your pillow which you later realised was actually Irene. 

No matter how far apart you were when you went to sleep, you would always find your way back to your guardian and vice versa.

You tried to fall back asleep and hugged her tighter which ended up rousing her from sleep instead. She tightened her grip on you in response, also trying to fall back asleep before the hurricane that was Seulgi came in and threw herself on top of the both of you. 

You groaned while Irene's body jerked in surprise as she yelped, causing Seulgi to laugh in response. 

"Wake up!" her voice was muffled by the sheets. 

You kicked her instead. "It's too early, go away," you responded with your deep morning voice while snuggling into Irene's neck. 

Seulgi laughed again. "Come on, wake up Eli-ah! Wake up, Unnie!" No matter how cute she was trying to be, nothing would work on you on this oh so early morning.  

Irene ended up kicking Seulgi on the , causing her to roll over. "Get off." 

Seulgi finally sighed after getting numerous kicks on her bum from the leader, rolling away from your legs where she was resting. "Fine, fine. Yeri and I are getting breakfast."

You hummed. "Sure thing Unnie, we'll catch up." 

After she got off the both of you, you tried to fall back asleep again before realising it was not going to work. 

"Damn it, Seulgi-unnie. Now I can't fall back asleep," you whined into Irene's neck, your breath tickling her causing her to squirm a little. 

You then hear and feel her chuckles. "Hmm, maybe it's time to wake up, Eli-ah. I'm hungry." 

Irene proceeded to kiss your head, rubbing her hand on your arms trying to coax you awake. People might think the gestures you both shared were too intimate per se but it was familiar to you. She's your guardian after all. 

You hugged her tighter before letting go, releasing a deep sigh. "Fine, fine I'm awake." 

Irene just laughed sleepily in response. 

 

One of the places on the list was wine testing. Wendy who's a wine enthusiast was excited and it showed. 

"Ooh, I like wine." 

Irene agreed. "Oh yeah, Wendy likes wine." 

You, on the other hand, was just excited to see everyone else drunk. As weird as it sounds, you don't drink and you don't like drinking. 

You laughed evilly. "Ho ho I'm gonna have so much fun watching you guys get drunk." 

"Aw, Eli-unnie doesn't drink. That's not fun!" Yeri chimed in and Joy pouted at you.  

"She's gonna take pictures and videos of us I'm sure," Seulgi couldn't help but pipe up and Irene laughed, all the while nodding her head in agreement. 

You laughed again. "You bet." 

Seulgi frowned in concern. "Is it okay if all of us drink, Eli-ah?" 

You smiled, touched by her concern. "Of course, Unnie. I've never had problems with all of you drinking before, right? 

"Besides, there will be other people with us so don't worry, okay? Just don't drink too much." You subconsciously pouted a little, causing all of them to coo at the rare display of aegyo. 

"We won't, don't you worry." Irene smiled reassuringly. 

Little did she know that she would be one of the drunkest of the bunch, struggling even to go up the steps. Seulgi wasn't that far behind, even falling down and having a conversation with a cat on the way. You just laughed loudly while taking tons of pictures and videos, making sure to keep them in your memories. When you were at the restaurant for some food, it was clear that everyone but you was drunk and it was hilarious to watch. You could only laugh along with the staff at their antics. 

It's always a good time with your sisters.